Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

i love cross guild, amazing way to incorparate all the 2nd-ary characters to the final arc. I cant wait for buggy to shed a tear and admit Luffy is the true successor to Roger, as if he actually was the Vegeta of this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Sub Harrison posted:

i love cross guild, amazing way to incorparate all the 2nd-ary characters to the final arc. I cant wait for buggy to shed a tear and admit Luffy is the true successor to Roger

Who?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
after my multiple complaints over the years about the lack of bounty hunters considering the big bounties lol at this being the way we seen one get claimed

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

HOW THE gently caress IS THIS SO GOOD

God King Buggy, light my heart on fire!! Uwoooooo!!!

Also: I wonder what that rice cracker flavour was, it must have been remarkably good.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Been thinking about Buggy's speech for a day now. Probably one of my favourite One Piece moments ever.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

after my multiple complaints over the years about the lack of bounty hunters considering the big bounties lol at this being the way we seen one get claimed

What happened to Yosaku and Johnny...

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Cat Machine posted:

amazing croco panel

people (used to) get so shocked/surprised/pissed after hearing Luffy proclaim he’s gonna be the king of pirates since he (was) basically a snot nosed kid in their eyes.

Hearing those same words come from the cowardly disembodied clown head’s youve been wailing on for weeks is probably even more ridiculous, especially when he’s redirecting all of your carefully laid out plans. That’s the face of someone who did not expect Buggy to suddenly grow a spine lol

one piece is good

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Plutonis posted:

What happened to Yosaku and Johnny...

they’re chilling out in Nami’s home town iirc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yum posted:

people (used to) get so shocked/surprised/pissed after hearing Luffy proclaim he’s gonna be the king of pirates since he (was) basically a snot nosed kid in their eyes.

Hearing those same words come from the cowardly disembodied clown head’s youve been wailing on for weeks is probably even more ridiculous, especially when he’s redirecting all of your carefully laid out plans. That’s the face of someone who did not expect Buggy to suddenly grow a spine lol

Croc's fate is to have his carefully crafted plans for conquest completely upended by absolutely ridiculous people and it loving rules :allears:

yum posted:

one piece is good

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
a clown's dreams don't ever end

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
Hahahaha this is incredible, I love Crocodile and Mihawk's sudden realization that they've totally lost control of the situation. Reminds me of Law way back when he first discovered what it means to team up with the Strawhats.

A nice little parallel over the last few chapters: Kid and Law have lost their ships and are out of the race for the One Piece, Buggy just got a ship and is now in the race. This development also means that all four Yonkō are now going for the One Piece, so that'll be exciting.

Sabo continues to be a character that exists, I guess.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
its kinda telling about how buck wild the past like half year (whenever Luffy punched Kaido into the magma and Wano “ended”, idk exactly) has been, up to and including this very chapter, that Sabo coming back to reveal that he’s gonna explain what the gently caress went down at Mary Genoise next chapter is just “oh, I guess he’s back”.

I mean, I feel the same as everyone else lol, just noting that we OP fans have been eating good for a long time now.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the loving buggy ship is so funny. the insane reverence all of his followers have had for him since impel down is such a genius gag and plot thread

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad that Mihawk and Crocodile's plans are being derailed since their massive egos got in the way of realizing the face of your operation is an important asset.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

The right clown in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

amazing croco panel

that panel had me laughing out loud, one piece is so good

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

U-DO Burger posted:

that panel had me laughing out loud, one piece is so good

This Oda motherfucker puts his notebook margin doodles in the core emotional moments of his manga and he's been doing it the whole time.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/onepiecegirlls/status/1651588337558233089

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

:pray:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

what's oda cooking....

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:bisonyes:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

what's oda cooking....
we are already eating

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Just passed 1000 chapters. I wanna thank all the haters and losers who said I’d never make it, or that I should be working. This has been one of the best pieces of fiction I’ve ever read.

Edit: and now I’m out of colored chapters. Sigh. It’s rough for you people caught up, isn’t it??

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 29, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Luffy, Robin, Chopper, and Brook are the crew's devil fruit users. Teach is 10 devil fruit users, Shanks is 10 Hakimen, so... Nami sure would synergize with some Logia

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But Luffy is also a Hakiman so there's one extra

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
usopp should give a fruit to Kabuto

preferably something stupid like the jacket jacket fruit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbuq3vTy2IY&t=27s

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Countblanc posted:

usopp should give a fruit to Kabuto

preferably something stupid like the jacket jacket fruit

It would clearly be an eagle zoan fruit, and obviously the eagle eye abilities would make his sniping 3 times better.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Waffleman_ posted:

But Luffy is also a Hakiman so there's one extra

Captain is always a hakiman in the new world so it doesn't count for that

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

MorningMoon posted:

Luffy, Robin, Chopper, and Brook are the crew's devil fruit users. Teach is 10 devil fruit users, Shanks is 10 Hakimen, so... Nami sure would synergize with some Logia
Let's do a count

Luffy: Fruit, Haki

Zoro: Haki

Nami: neither, though does have a Fruit powered weapon (sort of)

Usopp: maybe Haki? (I can recall only one time he might have used it and nothing since)

Sanji: Haki

Chopper: Fruit

Robin: Fruit

Franky: neither

Brook: Fruit

Jimbe: Haki

So that's 4 Fruits and 4/5 Haki.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 29, 2023

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think Cartoon Science is at least equivalent to a fruit for Franky.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Coca Cola has orange in it that counts

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Robin has haki but only around sites of archaeological signifigance

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I thought it was pepsi that has citrus flavors while coke is more about caramel flavoring

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Gyges posted:

I think Cartoon Science is at least equivalent to a fruit for Franky.

Cartoon Science for Franky and Evil Genius Science for Sanji

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
which chapter is the one where luffy does the "so its a mystery" gag again

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

Usopp: maybe Haki? (I can recall only one time he might have used it and nothing since)
Usopp is definitely being presented as a Haki oriented fighter. I was going to say I was pretty sure he used it to great effect recently, but looking it up it was Film Red where he last used it. He just kind of didn't bother in Wano. He used it to save the day back in Dressrossa as well. Since that's basically the only time he's had to get serious post-timeskip, it does kind of define him, I'd say.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Film Red is recent I would say!!!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m not dismissing Film Red for being “non-canon” or whatever but it does feel weird we only had the one panel of it manifesting in Dressrosa and none of the other setup like how when Luffy’s haki manifested he kept knocking people out whenever he got emotional (or even when just telling a bull to chill out) and Coby just couldn’t stop hearing people’s thoughts which is why he had his big moment in Marineford to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
usopp hasn't really done much since dressrosa.