Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

when the boss won't buy you a cutaway van...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kid sinister posted:

Trailers are for suckers.

Ryobi makes reactive armor?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kid sinister posted:

New Explosive Reactive Armor looking suboptimal.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

kid sinister posted:

hrm interesting death stranding strategy

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

MRC48B posted:

when the boss won't buy you a cutaway van...

I wonder what the inside looks like??

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Probably a shag carpet and waterbed because that guy's clearly afraid of commitment

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

kid sinister posted:

It's like a car version of a Liefeld outfit. Or Lancer mechs with lots of gear strapped to them.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

kid sinister posted:

This looks like something that you'd get in an RPG by stacking points into vehicle armour and carrying capacity.

JPrime posted:

hrm interesting death stranding strategy

lol. Yes it's this.

"Sam. It's die hard man here. We have 5 boxes of nails and 18 tubs of caulk that need to get to mountain knot city. You'll be going through OSHA territory so make sure to maintain a safety squint at all times".

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 27, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Leperflesh posted:

There are several grades for wood pallets, plus specialty ones (like food safe for example), euro specs, and some of them are IIRC color coded with paint on the ends/sides. A lot of lovely construction ideas people use pallets for are actually more difficult than if you just used presurfaced wood. And of course, most of the pallets are loving stolen. People act like if you see a pallet in public it must be free/abandoned and you can just take it.

I just finished reorganising my shed and used a bunch of pallets to keep everything in like this:

But I went and actually asked the places I took them from if it was okay first because, yeah, don't go taking poo poo that's not yours to take.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
That honestly looks kind of annoying whenever you need to pull out something with a long shaft.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

That honestly looks kind of annoying whenever you need to pull out something with a long shaft.

Yeah, I’d probably cut them down by three slats or so, make it easier to get things out of them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PurpleXVI posted:

The ones I used were only about waist high and the ceiling above the shovels and brooms is high enough that they're still easy to get out.

Don't know why nearly all the images I found online used giant pallets. If I was stuck with them, I would have either ripped off a couple slats or just taken the chainsaw and cut them in half horizontally.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

theultimo posted:

Totos are terrible to keep the spud in the toilet. The spud is absolutely broken on the bottom and sadly is common

What is a spud in the context of a toilet?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

:wiggle:

Khizan posted:

Yeah, I’d probably cut them down by three slats or so, make it easier to get things out of them.

what if you made it so the slats could flip, somehow

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just finished reorganising my shed and used a bunch of pallets to keep everything in like this:

But I went and actually asked the places I took them from if it was okay first because, yeah, don't go taking poo poo that's not yours to take.

I dismantled a pallet I got flooring delivered on and built it into a workbench in my shed.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Just been watching a guy up the road take the busted, falling apart shed he had, dismantle it, leave it lying around all winter, then take half of it and use it to graft onto another shed to create a new Frankenstein one.

There is effort and thought that has gone into this but I have no idea why. Same guy spent the end of the summer building a quite nice bit of decking, then piled garbage all over it.

Who knows why mad men do what they do?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

I mean, my pants fit fine. How are yours?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've used pallets as the base for a couple small sheds. They came from a pile out front of our local hardware store marked "FREE."

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I finished making that post and I knew instantly what sort of replies I would get, but it felt like cowardice to edit it. :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cheap if you steal all the materials. (Pallets I think are like 20-40€, pipe and fittings depends on size/material.)

e: Oh and if that's just pipe and fittings, the rails will not hold anywhere near enough weight to be safe.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 27, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Cheap if you steal all the materials. (Pallets I think are like 20-40€, pipe and fittings depends on size/material.)

e: Oh and if that's just pipe and fittings, the rails will not hold anywhere near enough weight to be safe.

Neither will the "stairs". Sometimes you have to suffer for your Warehouse Chic dream home.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Except I actually want that last one

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

that last one would be incredible for hangovers

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This is deeply upsetting

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I feel like this is the third or fourth "look your opponent in the eye" shitter setup that's been posted here. Obviously someone thinks it's a good idea.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Freaquency posted:

This is deeply upsetting
If you had told me "someone made a faucet out of a helmet shell", I'd have imagined something way less unsettling.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Finally a place I can poo poo shower and shave all at once.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

coldpudding posted:

Finally a place I can poo poo shower and shave all at once.

Use your imagination and this is pretty much anywhere.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/897-Field-Club-Rd-Pittsburgh-PA-15238/11446516_zpid/

Not actually crappy but you have to be really careful when you compare your house listing to Fallingwater.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That house doesn't look connected to the outside in any way, just a standard but very uniquely decorated ranch home.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

brugroffil posted:

That house doesn't look connected to the outside in any way, just a standard but very uniquely decorated ranch home.

I can't see the exterior at all.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

brugroffil posted:

"Large ranch with ugly finishes inside and outside" would be my description. I guess that's why nobody will hire me to write real estate listings.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If I was moving back to Pittsburgh, I'd consider it as a house. Just requires some de-Liberace-ing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's just like Fallingwater
-Has some built-ins
-Exists in nature, and not in a featureless extradimensional space
-Furniture looks uncomfortable

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Freaquency posted:

This is deeply upsetting

Everything reminds me of her.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I feel like this is the third or fourth "look your opponent in the eye" shitter setup that's been posted here. Obviously someone thinks it's a good idea.

Yes, this is what it looks like before partitions are installed. It's just fun to take photos of an unfinished project and pretend that this is it.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/897-Field-Club-Rd-Pittsburgh-PA-15238/11446516_zpid/

Not actually crappy but you have to be really careful when you compare your house listing to Fallingwater.

Anyone know wtf this veneer material is in the bathroom and on this dinette set? Is it just painted-over wood grain? It looks similar to Sottsass ALPI veneer but without as much depth of color. It’s probably what this person wants it to look like, but they cheaped out because it’s very hard to get. It would be nice if there’s a lookalike out there.

Also lol at this person’s house dripping with designer and custom furniture and then tacking what looks like $10 wal mart mirrors all over the walls.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You can just print any design you want on a vinyl. I'm pretty sure that's how they did the table as well.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

kreeningsons posted:

Anyone know wtf this veneer material is in the bathroom and on this dinette set? Is it just painted-over wood grain? It looks similar to Sottsass ALPI veneer but without as much depth of color. It’s probably what this person wants it to look like, but they cheaped out because it’s very hard to get. It would be nice if there’s a lookalike out there.

Also lol at this person’s house dripping with designer and custom furniture and then tacking what looks like $10 wal mart mirrors all over the walls.

I like it better on the walls than the dining set. Or at least with the set it should only be the horizontal surfaces and not the legs as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You don't have to like it, but the house never came under attack from German U boats, so it's clearly working.