Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Pretty sure he's interested in Iruma to protect Ameri by order of his boss. Just look at the glares Iruma has been getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Yea I just realized this gives "Narnia" staring holes into Iruma a completely new context, lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Take Your Seat

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's a nice little nod to demons not just being funnily shaped humans that no one hearing Baal's speech went "woah red flag man, red flag".

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Bachiko hears that she'll get unlimited power and her first thought is how she can use it to help Iruma. That's probably a first in the Netherworld.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

It's a nice little nod to demons not just being funnily shaped humans that no one hearing Baal's speech went "woah red flag man, red flag".

Instead, it's one of the first things that makes his cause seem reasonable and appealing (within the context of his culture).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThingOne posted:

Bachiko hears that she'll get unlimited power and her first thought is how she can use it to help Iruma. That's probably a first in the Netherworld.
humans are infectious, every demon he encounters he infects with humanity, making them less selfish

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Iruma is selfishly collecting friends.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThingOne posted:

I don't think it's the case but that's also a death flag if I ever saw one. Mentor wants to do something not characteristic of demons (caring for someone not family) all while vying for a seat of power.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Piercing Thorns
Man Fenrir really did take this conversation to a whole new level of uncomfortable.

Amu-chan continues to be a shining example of a Manga Mother. Can't even call that a Pimp/Bitch slap. That was a warning shot.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
More of that.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Yes, I like where this is going.

Obviously the slap was awesome but I like Iruma being challenged directly with the idea that there will be important and powerful people who he absolutely cannot friendship talk over to his side. He's gone full harem protagonist over other, more convincible youths and even some of the teachers but an ages old super powerful racist? That's something he should have to confront with force and it's good for him to learn that here, from AzMom.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 23, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's mildly interesting that the succubi (and prospective succubi) in this series have been quite consistently amongst the most sincerely nice and moral demons in the underworld. Raim, for instance, seems to be one of the best and most supportive teachers at Bablys.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yes, I like where this is going.

Obviously the slap was awesome but I like Iruma being challenged directly with the idea that there will be important and powerful people who he absolutely cannot friendship talk over to his side. He's gone full harem protagonist over other, more convincible youths and even some of the teachers but an ages old super powerful racist? That's something he should have to confront with force and it's good for him to learn that here, from AzMom.

This is going to be especially relevant if it becomes public that he's a human, which will instantly predispose people to regard him as either a bizarre curiosity or an enemy rather than a colleague or peer before he even has a chance to give them the old razzle dazzle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The other thing of note is that Fenrir is anti magical creatures and anti Demon Gods. Both entities native to this world and the latter the ones who elevated demons to their current stature. Which could coincide with Baal's research and likely demon altering experiments. Atori is a spider creature which isn't a real thing, and in Baal's research chamber there appeared to be the 13 Crown of Gluttony in a tank. So part of Baal's own vision might be an ascended race of demons not just the ones that exist now and that could be the pitch he used to get Fenrir in his camp. Assuming at this time Fenrir is already in on the conspiracy.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

we don't run into too many full-on no-coming-back shitheads in this comic but when we do they're such incredible intense shitheads

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Brought To You By posted:

The other thing of note is that Fenrir is anti magical creatures and anti Demon Gods. Both entities native to this world and the latter the ones who elevated demons to their current stature. Which could coincide with Baal's research and likely demon altering experiments. Atori is a spider creature which isn't a real thing, and in Baal's research chamber there appeared to be the 13 Crown of Gluttony in a tank. So part of Baal's own vision might be an ascended race of demons not just the ones that exist now and that could be the pitch he used to get Fenrir in his camp. Assuming at this time Fenrir is already in on the conspiracy.

A bold strategy, to create a world with no food in it. Let's see how it plays out for him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Glazius posted:

A bold strategy, to create a world with no food in it. Let's see how it plays out for him.

Maybe he's into cannibalism and creating like an underclass of food demons.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
He actually wants everyone to go vegan.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It'll also be nice to see where Narnia stands compared to the other 13 crowns, considering he's primed to be a major antagonist as the evil older brother of Kalego. I mean he's second in command of the border patrol under Azazel so you'd think he could maybe match up to one of the 13 crowns like AzuMom. But I assume he's going to actually back off because he doesn't want his fake cover as Fenrir blown.

Also seems like the disguise didn't work at all since she immediately called him out as a "pup."

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Also seems like the disguise didn't work at all since she immediately called him out as a "pup."

Henry had to get approval for his plan from the other 13 Crowns so I'm pretty sure she's known who he is the entire time.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It'll also be nice to see where Narnia stands compared to the other 13 crowns, considering he's primed to be a major antagonist as the evil older brother of Kalego. I mean he's second in command of the border patrol under Azazel so you'd think he could maybe match up to one of the 13 crowns like AzuMom. But I assume he's going to actually back off because he doesn't want his fake cover as Fenrir blown.

A little of columns A and B. I don't think he intentionally took that slap, he just couldn't react at all. I do think Amu-chan has an edge here but Narnia also can't afford to reveal who he is or even fight back, especially before he's secured a spot as a Crown.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

ThingOne posted:

Henry had to get approval for his plan from the other 13 Crowns so I'm pretty sure she's known who he is the entire time.

Oh that's right, fair enough. Also calling him "pup" when his name his alias is Fenrir is probably an intentional way to keep the ruse alive.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Selfish Snake

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's extremely telling that after Amaryllis talks about how being in the 13 Crowns can let you do whatever you want, the panel afterward only shows Az and Amelie looking awed. I'm guessing Iruma being human lets him see the red flags in this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Interesting that Iruma could actually sense or even see Amu-chan's serpentine killing intention. Narnia being a barely restrained, genocidal zealot is going to make for fun future conflicts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

It's extremely telling that after Amaryllis talks about how being in the 13 Crowns can let you do whatever you want, the panel afterward only shows Az and Amelie looking awed. I'm guessing Iruma being human lets him see the red flags in this.

Iruma has the exact same expression in the panel before that - same blush, same drop of sweat. I think he's accepted that (a) demons are weird and selfish, and (b) Azz's mom is a badass.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The first volume of Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-Kun! gets published in English on the 2nd of May. Weirdly enough, it isn’t actually listed on the publisher’s website but it’s on Amazon et al.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Demon I Hate

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Well, I guess that begins to explain why Bachiko is suddenly in the spotlight. Wonder whether this new arrival is one of the (less evil) members of Baal's faction, or is indeed the visiting goddess as Misfit Scans speculate? The latter option raises a hell of a lot of questions.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Paimon you big loving Tsundere. But while her advice is sound, in her case she still is giving Iruma the softball version of this advice while framing against her more friendly rivalry with Bachiko.

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, I guess that begins to explain why Bachiko is suddenly in the spotlight. Wonder whether this new arrival is one of the (less evil) members of Baal's faction, or is indeed the visiting goddess as Misfit Scans speculate? The latter option raises a hell of a lot of questions.
It's just misfits taking the piss, hence why they have a mockup of the Game Theory youtube channel logo on that image. When I saw the raws posted there were a number of people confusing Paimon for the goddess.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Darth Walrus posted:

What "Brought To You By" said. She's one of the 13 crowns

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Got the first volume of Iruma-kun in English today :toot:

Gonna try to hand sell it at work

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"YOU SAID A NO-NO WORD!"

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I'm glad someone is teaching Iruma the value of hating racists.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

LostRook fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 9, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I know the purpose was to show how Paimon and Bachiko are similar despite their differences. But not posting the next pages of Iruma being utterly destroyed is criminal.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Ch.299 - Room for one more
(insert obligatory Oingo Boingo reference)
I think this Baal guy may be up to something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Incredibly powerful move on Baal's part. It's not like Delkira's seat being filled means there's no more Trickster Plan or Demon King since Sullivan was being pressured many chapters ago to take on the role. But by formally acknowledging that Delkira is gone it could allow Baal to further push people away from the idea of a centralized leadership since demons doing their own thing seems to be his end goal at large.