Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Chomsky's gotta hand it to em!!

Wait this is the pro-Ukraine thread, shouldn't we also be all pro-Iraq invasion? Isn't that how this is supposed to work?? I thought we were all perfidious NATO and United States imperialism supporters??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Nah nazi azov was fighting against russia last year ergo this thread is pro nazi. I'm super smart

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

Chomsky's gotta hand it to em!!

Wait this is the pro-Ukraine thread, shouldn't we also be all pro-Iraq invasion? Isn't that how this is supposed to work?? I thought we were all perfidious NATO and United States imperialism supporters??

Well the official thread motto is "War is good"

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom
I'm all for war, imperialism and general degeneracy. I just really have it in for Russia, love it when anyone else engages in it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

What's best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

No no no, that's the most humane way to fight a war, per Chomsky

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6uKMYYBeA

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

I believe it's To crush your enemies, hear the Lada ignition of their women and see them driving.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

To die Bahkmut meat grinder secure in the knowledge that my family will be taken care of financially with circus tickets.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

BREAKING:HEAVILY BEARDED REAL PUTIN FOUND IN DONBASS SPIDERHOLE

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Cartoon Man posted:

To die Bahkmut meat grinder secure in the knowledge that my family will be taken care of financially with circus tickets.

Blocks of salted fish is a pretty Cimmerian currency unit imo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Russia impressively manages to fight less humanely than the US. Just lacks the money and competence to gently caress up as many places at once.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1652670563200974849
The Russian scoundrels detail with great relish how they simply killed pro-Ukrainians in Kherson during the occupation. :nms: for description of war crimes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Soiled Meat
I'm starting to think war may actually be bad?

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

free hubcaps posted:

BREAKING:HEAVILY BEARDED REAL PUTIN FOUND IN DONBASS SPIDERHOLE

I feel this is what he deserves
BREAKING:HEAVILY SPIDERED REAL PUTIN FOUND IN DONBASS BEARDHOLE

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm starting to think war may actually be bad?

War definitely bad.

So Russia should stop doing it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Soiled Meat
Yes, I'm starting to think they really should.

Maybe, they should not have even started this war in the first place?

Food for thought!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Igor posted a small sitrep at the end of April.

quote:

Brief results of the second military April: 1) Bakhmut has not been “tortured” for a month, the enemy continues to defend on the western outskirts, solving the problem of holding out for a counteroffensive on one of the other (I suppose) fronts. "Wagner" is bloodless, its strike force (even with constant replenishment of volunteer units and "mobiles" from the Ministry of Defense) was not enough to complete the operation in April. The “Bakhmut meat grinder” continues for both sides, but the enemy has solved his tasks, but our side has not. 2) Near Avdiivka, our troops failed and now - due to heavy losses - they are forced to retreat again, leaving part of their previously occupied positions. In Marinka, on the whole, without changes, the bloody street “push-pull” continued throughout April with varying success. On the other fronts, local battles were fought and artillery and air strikes were exchanged. The general conclusion is that the enemy again managed to carry out the April battles successfully for himself (as part of gaining time in the strategic defense). In May, the summer campaign and the “go after the Ukrainians” will begin, since our generals were unable to do almost anything during the winter and spring, except for the disposal of the shock corps in the Donbass.
https://t.me/strelkovii/4713

quote:

I have a lot of "well-wishers" who confidently explain that I am a coward, unprofessional and mediocrity, who does not understand anything in modern warfare. Well, I do not pretend to the laurels of the great commander (and not without reason). But I am absolutely sure that I am not only “worse”, but also “on an equal footing” with the current generals to lead the so-called. "SVO" could not. I would have to produce such vile poo poo, bloody cretinism and squalor - neither the mind nor the conscience would be enough, for sure.
https://t.me/strelkovii/4706
:troll:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah. Again. Another elite group of soldiers and tens of thousands more deadified by bakhmut. It served it's purpose greatly and mathematically made it even harder to defend the front. Bla bla bla Stalingrad but seriously lol Russia completely ruined it's fighting force to win a pointless now flattened city.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yeah. Again. Another elite group of soldiers and tens of thousands more deadified by bakhmut. It served it's purpose greatly and mathematically made it even harder to defend the front. Bla bla bla Stalingrad but seriously lol Russia completely ruined it's fighting force to win a pointless now flattened city.

And they still haven't won, that's the most ironic part: They cannot decisively take it even with the losses Ukraine's suffered.

This makes a Russian offensive elsewhere nigh unsustainable.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1652661862104805376
Tremble in fear at the game changers mighty Россия brought onto the battlefield. :dumbrim:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tremble in fear pathetic nazis, as I, the T-55, mightiest of all tanks had come to lay waste to your pathetic ranks and exact vengence against the decadent and mediocre western nations and th- *gets hit by a APFDS round from 6 km away and explodes*

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Ukrainian drones of pretty much any description are more than enough to deal with these tin cans. And given the Russians' lack of EW and radar systems in recent days, they'll probably have very little to protect themselves with.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
It's still almost certainly better than what the Russians have wherever it's going towards, and can still kill soldiers pretty well if they don't have any of the modern goodies we've given Ukraine, but I think everyone can agree that it's deployment is not exactly a great sign for the great, powerful, NATO killing Russian army.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I would actually argue t-55s are only good in the sense that it costs more to blow one up with a javelin than it costs to replace, thus in the long run winning the economy game for russia.

In terms of actual use these things are going to be such a liability operationally I genuinely think the troops inside would be better dismounted. At least they can take cover from Ukrainian fire whereas the tank can't and is going to explode instantly.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ok look the guys we are recruiting. They ran t-55s. They know the system in and out. They don't want new NATO gay homo t-72s. And Russia doesn't NEED to dedicate the armata t-14 to this conflict as it's already won. So t-55s are the right call.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Eh the T-55 is still a bulletproof armored vehicle with a big gun on it, and anti tank weapons aren't everywhere at every time (besides, the T-90 get blown up by modern anti tank weapons all the same).

It is embarassing for Russia to bust out T-55s, that would be like America getting bogged down in Iraq and having to bust out M48s. But they are definitely far from useless

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ok look the guys we are recruiting. They ran t-55s. They know the system in and out. They don't want new NATO gay homo t-72s. And Russia doesn't NEED to dedicate the armata t-14 to this conflict as it's already won. So t-55s are the right call.

Armata we expected vs Armata we got:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Drone_Fragger posted:

I would actually argue t-55s are only good in the sense that it costs more to blow one up with a javelin than it costs to replace, thus in the long run winning the economy game for russia.
What does that replacement actually look like, though? Russia can only exhume so many vehicles from its tank graveyards and it sounds like their manufacturing isn't particularly effective.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3mm5OXS1mY

The final part of a five part series.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

OctaMurk posted:

Eh the T-55 is still a bulletproof armored vehicle with a big gun on it, and anti tank weapons aren't everywhere at every time (besides, the T-90 get blown up by modern anti tank weapons all the same).

It is embarassing for Russia to bust out T-55s, that would be like America getting bogged down in Iraq and having to bust out M48s. But they are definitely far from useless

Yes but the T-55 is easily defeated with far weaker anti-tank weapon systems versus, say, the T-80 or T-72.

Not really an upgrade.

And Russia has yet to show any improvement of their ability to operate armored vehicles in the field, making tanks a liability.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 30, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

CommieGIR posted:

No no no, that's the most humane way to fight a war, per Chomsky

He's in the news today. Look it up for a laugh

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

I'm sure Noam kept his underwear on, much like Alan Dershowitz

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:eyepop:

I thought it was going to be just about his dumbass opinion from earlier today lol.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Wonder what all of Chomsky's followers and hangers on are going to have to say about this.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I played Wargame with my brother yesterday and bumrushed him with a horde of T-34s. Won the match in like five minutes. Maybe Russia is going for something like that?

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

zone posted:

Wonder what all of Chomsky's followers and hangers on are going to have to say about this.

epstein's island was never a member of nato so probably a good guy?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lol how this thread keeps trying to clamp down on the subject of rimming disgusting old men on camera but it keeps coming up as germane over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

zone posted:

Armata we expected vs Armata we got:

It's the armata 55.