Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

coldpudding posted:

Finally a place I can poo poo shower and shave all at once.

His favorite morning phrase, made real. Somewhere, my dad is smiling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Apparently that house belonged to an art professor so it is possible that custom grain work was done themselves

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'd definitely fornicate in the zebra print house.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
All those mirrors I feel like I'd walk in and have a seizure. It's just somehow nothing and also too much.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Imagine walking through one of these ~art~ houses late at night trying to go take a poo poo or something, it would be horrifying

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Maybe that's where the stair toilets come from, so you don't have to traverse the entire house.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

VelociBacon posted:

Imagine walking through one of these ~art~ houses late at night trying to go take a poo poo or something, it would be horrifying

So it would help you poop?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Freaquency posted:

This is deeply upsetting

Okay, so that's what one of the seashells is for.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I've had two 70s houses that had mirror tile bathrooms on all walls

One of them had an outside window and the ac went out. the room got super hot and the adhesives gave up and tiles started falling and shattering

I figured it'd be just a couple but one of them fell at 3am and I thought someone was breaking in

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Uthor posted:

So it would help you poop?

Ideally you want to make it to the toilet before you start to go, tho.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcnCaVsYFI

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

KoRMaK posted:

chep design

Your av and tags are :discourse:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Chin Strap posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/897-Field-Club-Rd-Pittsburgh-PA-15238/11446516_zpid/

Not actually crappy but you have to be really careful when you compare your house listing to Fallingwater.

The mirror room is deranged. The kitchen has too many pans.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's like a car version of a Liefeld outfit. Or Lancer mechs with lots of gear strapped to them.

I kinda hate that I get both of those references.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

coldpudding posted:

Finally a place I can poo poo shower and shave all at once.
I stayed at a hotel in Paris that had this setup, except the toilet was far enough away from the shower to not get directly splashed on when in use unless you pointed the shower head parallel to the floor. It was magnificent. And I used the same phrase when I posted a picture of it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

I stayed at a hotel in Paris that had this setup, except the toilet was far enough away from the shower to not get directly splashed on when in use unless you pointed the shower head parallel to the floor. It was magnificent. And I used the same phrase when I posted a picture of it.

I lived in a house with a full wet room style bathroom in it for a couple years, it was really nice for the first time in my life not to worry about bashing my elbows into the wall or the shower door. The toilet and sink were on the same wall as the shower head, toilet and shower at opposite ends so there was a good separation. Just squeegee the floor towards the drain when you were done with your shower to speed along the draining and drying process, and done!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Also makes washing the floor around the toilet really easy. Hose it down with the shower, maybe add some soap, squeege into the drain.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Nitrox posted:

Yes, this is what it looks like before partitions are installed. It's just fun to take photos of an unfinished project and pretend that this is it.

A mall I used to work at had a similar setup because their accessible stall was too small, so to make it bigger they merged it with another stall but never removed the second toilet. We called it The Arena and people used to accuse each other of co-making GBS threads.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What is a spud in the context of a toilet?

Its a rubber seal between the auto flush unit and the porcelain toilet. It maintains the seal when flushing so it can't back up.
https://toilets.fandom.com/wiki/Spud

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you, I appreciate it

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

theultimo posted:

Its a rubber seal between the auto flush unit and the porcelain toilet. It maintains the seal when flushing so it can't back up.
https://toilets.fandom.com/wiki/Spud

Those Fandom wiki scrapers really will go after any wiki at all!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
What a weird tapering hallway.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

In the Land of the Blind, the one‐eyed man falls down the stairs.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

What a weird tapering hallway.

Yup, and they had some water damage, so that is why it is rippled at the edges a little.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/CSMFHT/status/1652058712272687104

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Me at the Home Depot returns desk:

quote:

You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory.

It is now up to you to restore to me in full.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

This is baffling. You don't have to be an electrician to know this is wrong, you just have to have plugged something in to a wall outlet once ever in your entire life. Is this the tiler's first day on planet earth or what?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Let me be the first to do the necessary:

"Its impossible to know how tiles will line up".

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Splode posted:

This is baffling. You don't have to be an electrician to know this is wrong, you just have to have plugged something in to a wall outlet once ever in your entire life. Is this the tiler's first day on planet earth or what?

That outlet is like an inch and a half into the wall, I don't think this falls on the Tile Guy tbh

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Tile guy should be proud of his execution, but shouldn't have been doing that in the first place. I think that's even a box extension used as the base?

Its like a movie review I heard once that was "this is a good conclusion to a story that shouldn't have been told."

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Splode posted:

In remodelling and especially new construction, it is aggravating when, say, the trim guy, who is ordered to the site to spend the entire day slamming in baseboards and door trims, arrives loaded for bear with tools & equipment only to find that the drywallers are not done yet.

This evidently was a finish electrical/trim installer completely Done With This poo poo and finishing up the outlets because gently caress it, it's not my fault the tile guy hasn't been through already.

Followed by passive-aggressive tile guy who is also Done With This poo poo.

One of the greatest skills a carpenter/lead has is the ability to plan logistics, especially around 'supply chain' issues and closet meth-heads who take 2-hour breaks to Wawa.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That'll cure sleepwalking.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the rest of the house is sexy, but the carpet by the pool seemed appropriate for this thread

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

We used to be a proper people.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Green stands for "keeps it off the ground" right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I see an elephant!