Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

grittyreboot posted:

In Jedi Survivor, there's a Gonk droid in the saloon bathroom painted to look like a bathroom attendant

Need an update to the game so i can leave the gonk a tip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Flinger posted:

Thalassophobia slider that lowers the water level

Zelda games do that and people seem to hate it!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lobok posted:

Zelda games do that and people seem to hate it!

Well yeah, needing to do things in the game universe just to access options kinda defeats the point!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

RareAcumen posted:

Same, but mostly because one's way less common. Last time I fought a kraken-type monster was DQ11.

There's a giant squid in Stranded Deep. Absolutely sucks because to actually engage it (which you need to in order to get a thing to finish the game) you need to descend the chain of a buoy into the deep, deep water to find it wrapped around the chain's bottom (which is just floating in the void). Absolutely had to close my eyes while doing this and even thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Jedi Survivor, Cal has a similar running back somersault Mario has in Mario 64 and other iterations, while your running and turn the stick the other direction and jump. Don't know if this was in the last one

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

TontoCorazon posted:

Jedi Survivor, Cal has a similar running back somersault Mario has in Mario 64 and other iterations, while your running and turn the stick the other direction and jump. Don't know if this was in the last one

Please tell me he says "wahoo!"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Agents are GO! posted:

Please tell me he says "wahoo!"

Cal is too somber and sour to ever unironically "wahoo"

There is a good achievement in Survivor. It is possible to dress Cal in a mullet, and you later unlock a weapon stance that gives you a dropkick attack. If you combine those two things and land the attack, you get an achievement Roadhouse

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol, I just got that by accident by didn't click on the notification fast enough to remember what triggered it.

Favorite little thing in the game: all the hairstyles they added

I love my space Canadian

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I just got that by accident by didn't click on the notification fast enough to remember what triggered it.

I love my space Canadian

Hell yeah business in the front party in the back

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Two smaller Gonk bodies welded in parallel to the lower rear of a full-size one's body.

Gonkbutt?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love my space Canadian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcoCn94vNsA

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Leal posted:

Hell yeah business light side in the front party dark side in the back

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I need to find the party pistol

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love my space Canadian

Do you think there's beer on the moon?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Philippe posted:

Do you think there's beer on the moon?

Exactly who I had in mind :canada:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love my space Canadian

Sold.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love my space Canadian

"two twi'leks at the same time"

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The music in the mystery/VN Misericorde is so good. :) Lo-fi beats to praise God solve nun murders to.

credburn posted:

The Witcher 3 and I discovered that at any given time there was a GIGANTIC WHALE just under the surface of the water.

Morpheus posted:

you need to descend the chain of a buoy into the deep, deep water to find it wrapped around the chain's bottom (which is just floating in the void).

Oh god, these gave me CHILLS! :stare:

Okay, that's just Kenny Powers/Danny Mcbride.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Endless Ocean memories, heh heh. Yeah, the whales can be downright scary even when harmless.

Endless Ocean was really cool and chill, but then also had the terrifying pitch black hole that went super deep and a giant murder shark in a ship graveyard.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

CaptainViolence posted:

"two twi'leks at the same time"

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I don't need no politician on Coruscant tellin' me how live my gotdamn life.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Going back to spider chat, I finally remembered to try out the arachnophobia mitigation button in Jedi Survivor, and it handles things a bit...differently than I was expecting:

It's so derpy I can't help but love it :buddy:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Hygiene posted:

Going back to spider chat, I finally remembered to try out the arachnophobia mitigation button in Jedi Survivor, and it handles things a bit...differently than I was expecting:

...they just set the LOD model to max-distance? That's it?

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

CzarChasm posted:

Cal is too somber and sour to ever unironically "wahoo"

There is a good achievement in Survivor. It is possible to dress Cal in a mullet, and you later unlock a weapon stance that gives you a dropkick attack. If you combine those two things and land the attack, you get an achievement Roadhouse

There's another one if you put on a headband and attack a practice dummy - "Cobra Cal" :D.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

I have convinced my husband that Jedi: Fallen Order should be the next game he plays when he finishes Horizon Zero Dawn. These gonk robots and glorious mullets (I know that's in the sequel but still) are making me even more confident that he'll like it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is probably why people like Kazama Kiryu so much.
It is definitely part of why I like him as much as I do. And Kasuga in Like a Dragon being so openly appreciative of his friends was also very pleasant.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

...they just set the LOD model to max-distance? That's it?

Weird, right? I don't know exactly what I expected, but that definitely wasn't it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Something about Sea of Thieves just never managed to grab me. I don't know why. I'm kinda glad I'm not interested, because I don't have an Xbox or know if my laptop could handle running it anyway. They e already got me with Hi-Fi Rush being out of reach!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Solenna posted:

I have convinced my husband that Jedi: Fallen Order should be the next game he plays when he finishes Horizon Zero Dawn.

HZD? What year is this, 2017?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I didn't realize BioEnchanted's spouse was a goon!

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

oldpainless posted:

More like oldgameless

We have a bit of a backlog after kids. I still have to play the Mass Effect games!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

I didn't realize BioEnchanted's spouse was a goon!

I’m sorry but I’m not sure who that is

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I’m sorry but I’m not sure who that is

more like oldclueless

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
More like oldtasteless.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Oh! Ok yeah. You’re the guy who makes the posts I really enjoy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I’m sorry, my monitor was off

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Another reason Titanfall 2 is the best. I decided to give the multiplayer a spin, and this is in the FAQ:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love my space Canadian

"Cal Cletus" has been making the rounds and I think the singlet really makes the look

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the combo for Force Chaw-spit

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Titanfall 2 really is such a masterclass game.

weird there was never a Titanfall 1 or 3. it really did come out of nowhere and disappear without a trace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh its a fighting polygon scorpion