Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waltzing Along posted:

I wonder what the big Nintendo set will be this year. 8/1 was NES and 10/1 was the block and bowser the following years. 8/1 this year is when the next group of sets come out so we might have one then

A big Yoshi set like Bowser would be cool

And it’s not Nintendo but there’s a Pac-man arcade cabinet set coming in July iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wonder if/when they will start doing Mario Kart sets a la speed champions. I think those would sell very very well.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

I wonder what the big Nintendo set will be this year. 8/1 was NES and 10/1 was the block and bowser the following years. 8/1 this year is when the next group of sets come out so we might have one then

the n64 controller

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

I wonder if/when they will start doing Mario Kart sets a la speed champions. I think those would sell very very well.

I don’t think they’d step on their other Mario kart set but who knows

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kirby inhaling diarama

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
This is fun. A little LFL gift to employees of their Yoda fountain. Too bad the minifig isn’t bronze or else it’d be perfect.

https://twitter.com/philszostak/status/1654327035446325250?s=46&t=N2e7_qm-jfQdK8og3DJoJQ

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That Yoda figure isn’t exclusive or anything is it?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

RatHat posted:

That Yoda figure isn’t exclusive or anything is it?

Looks like he’s the same as the one from the Dagobah vignette with the exception of some new dual-molded legs.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-little-mermaid-royal-clamshell-43225
The mermaid clam is officially a product now.
It's the live action version
Cheaper then I thought it would be

Hmmm I might want this. There are relatively few Disney sets that have the classic minifigs.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

The executor rules, it’s the perfect size and the instructions specifically mention the success of the nebulon frigate so with the success of the executor (scalpers already selling them for 95-133€, its on 60 days backorder) I have high hopes there’s gonna be more midi scale models. I’m really tempted to just get more and build a little armada because the build process is so fast and satisfying

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Would have been nice if they'd sold the nebulon b anywhere else in the world.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thinking back on the time I ordered a Nebulon B on Amazon and they accidentally sent me three of them :eyepop:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Wtf I didn't even know that kit came out, and its already retired? Lame as hell.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think it was a con exclusive or something, so it wasn't easy to get to start with.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah it was supposed to be an exclusive for San Diego Comicon 2020, which got canned, so they sold them on lego.com in the US only. Basically sold out instantly, IIRC.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Tales of the Space Age is available for order to VIP's now. https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/tales-of-the-space-age-21340

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

there’s a Pac-man arcade cabinet set coming in July iirc

shiiiiiiiit i dont got the money for this

i know its not for everyone but those fuckers in billund are getting me again with another flagship set laser focused on my nostalgia

its so on brand for me that id be embarrassed by people knowing i didnt have it

im sure itll look great in my cardboard box on the street

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Sexual Lorax posted:

New thread title here

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
My R2 polybag arrived today and I've built him so he can enjoy life as a complete Lego droid for a while, before I do the needful and sacrifice his dome to the UCX-Wing. There's a little 2x2 subassembly underneath his dome enabling his head to rotate, I'm wondering if it'll be possible to stick that in the X-Wing to maintain that ability

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Sexual Lorax posted:

Sir, that is no way to display LEGO and may lead to a visit from Brick Protection Services. If you are unable to care for and shelter your bricks, the state will do it for you.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I made my star wars order on 5/1 and got it on 5/4, which might be the fastest I've ever gotten something from the website.

Not really sure what to do with this metal coin, it doesn't really work as a display bit at all because it's only made to fit together with the blue piece if you leave it in the packaging. What a weird choice as a GWP. I liked last year's metal beskar keychain more, at least that one I actually put on my keys.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I've been taking the stud shooters off certain sets to keep them lore accurate (tm) (lol)
And cobbled them into an AA gun

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I keep all of my most expensive sets at my local Lego store where I can go and look at them behind plastic display windows.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

I keep all of my most expensive sets at my local Lego store where I can go and look at them behind plastic display windows.
Didn't know Steven Wright was a goon!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

RatHat posted:

A big Yoshi set like Bowser would be cool

And it’s not Nintendo but there’s a Pac-man arcade cabinet set coming in July iirc

I really hope its size makes it compatible with the extra large minifig coming out in June.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

mutata posted:

:hmmyes:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I just finished the Creative Expert (or maybe now Ideas) Porsche today. That was amazingly well done. Especially with having no stickers. Just a couple of printed bricks for some logos.

I am always impressed when things like an angled roof meets up perfectly with an angled roof support. I guess it’s just because I don’t do MOCs, but it would seem to take a lot of math or trial and error to get that to work out. This car had so many angled connections to make the shape work out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's a cool build. Try the pickup truck for more angled goodness. It's one of the better ones, imo.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Orvin posted:

I just finished the Creative Expert (or maybe now Ideas) Porsche today. That was amazingly well done. Especially with having no stickers. Just a couple of printed bricks for some logos.

Icons I think? But I think they’ll keep Creator Expert alive, guess we will see with the next one.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a cool build. Try the pickup truck for more angled goodness. It's one of the better ones, imo.

I have the pickup in my backlog of stuff to do. It really didn’t help that I let my desk where I can build Lego instead of working from home get super cluttered. I finally cleared it off so I can start so if the larger builds in my backlog.

Probably will go for the UCS Razorcrest next.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Oh man I enjoyed that one. First set that large I’ve put together.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I really gotta get that truck before it's gone. Every time I think to scoop it up there's some other must have set that I gotta buy.

It's been out for two years, right? Probably gonna retire it soonish.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

xzzy posted:

I really gotta get that truck before it's gone. Every time I think to scoop it up there's some other must have set that I gotta buy.

It's been out for two years, right? Probably gonna retire it soonish.

God, same. It’s been on my radar since it came out, but I also know I’ve got other, bigger sets to buy. NC Gardens, The Daily Bugle, the modular Bookstore… I’m keeping an eye on retirement dates to determine what’s next.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Lego May 4th gift reports- the Death Star is cool but I wished the whole thing could spin like a globe, as opposed to just being able to move the plaque around. Maybe a turntable?

The Death Star plan thing is weird, and I think only good as a display piece, and the box really fails on that account.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dogen posted:

The Death Star plan thing is weird, and I think only good as a display piece

What else were you hoping to do with it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Try to figure out how to make the death star revolve?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Ship in a Bottle - does it have an actual hole through the neck?

I'm trying to figure out how to make a vase for some of the Botanical flowers, and was drawing a blank until I saw the parts in the ship in a bottle set.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The two half cylinders that make up the neck have a 2x2 cut out when combined but the parts that make up the shoulder are impassable

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Other posted:

The two half cylinders that make up the neck have a 2x2 cut out when combined but the parts that make up the shoulder are impassable

Thanks.

I'm now looking at the upcoming Botanical Garden to see if the dome of that has potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

What else were you hoping to do with it

Build and/or destroy a death star, obviously