Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Coaaab posted:

I forget, what series were no longer being scanlated when they got put onto mangaup?

Living With My Brother's Wife, off the top of my head. I hope it'll eventually get physicals but I don't exactly see it as likely. Who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RuBisCO posted:

Living With My Brother's Wife, off the top of my head. I hope it'll eventually get physicals but I don't exactly see it as likely. Who knows!

Didn't even know that one got licensed, thought it was on hiatus. I'm so behind on it now.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Pan Dulce posted:

So frustrated! I just finished my two Winter Anime 2023 romances, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale and The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten. I loved TASMR's ending; it was so innocently sweet. But SAFT's ending left me reeling. I hadn't known the manga is finished and that the rest of the story continues in July 2023. So annoying to be left on a cliffhanger.

if someone is familiar with the light(?) novels, is the ending of tasmr a strict adaptiation or was it moved around (or even anime original) to make a good ending?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Witch's Servant is also no longer being scanlated, but is mobile-only for the official release

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The Manager of the Baseball Club is Strict only with Me
It's a tsundere story with a twist.

the_seventh_cohort
May 4, 2013
I started reading Ikoku Nikki almost entirely based on people in this thread talking about it, and it's just as good as everyone says.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

the_seventh_cohort posted:

I started reading Ikoku Nikki almost entirely based on people in this thread talking about it, and it's just as good as everyone says.

Same. It's wonderful.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

the_seventh_cohort posted:

Politely asking someone to tell me where and how exactly do I ask publishers for an english release

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

kasane and subaru chapter 12

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

telework chapter 19

only one chapter left

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/asetotelework/status/1643775235790098432
This being planned out as a single volume series isn't a problem. But it's paced to hell for these last four chapters and it's going to be sad this isn't expanded on at least a little. Also It is completely believable for someone not to have a single one of their social media passwords memorized. Not even faulting the phone number thing since number storage has really eroded people's willingness to memorize even numbers for family or people they are close too. That being said, holy gently caress lady please commit something to memory for the future. Especially if you are going to be regularly leaving the country.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Brought To You By posted:

This being planned out as a single volume series isn't a problem. But it's paced to hell for these last four chapters and it's going to be sad this isn't expanded on at least a little. Also It is completely believable for someone not to have a single one of their social media passwords memorized. Not even faulting the phone number thing since number storage has really eroded people's willingness to memorize even numbers for family or people they are close too. That being said, holy gently caress lady please commit something to memory for the future. Especially if you are going to be regularly leaving the country.

the chapters are kinda short aswell (often under 10 pages), i hope that last one is a lot longer so the ending can be properly paced

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm very quickly tiring of the fragrant flower blooms with dignity, or as it's colloquially known, apologizing for things: the manga

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah it's like a fighting manga but instead of escalating power levels and special moves, they have increasingly contrived apologies and counter apologies.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm very quickly tiring of the fragrant flower blooms with dignity, or as it's colloquially known, apologizing for things: the manga

i enjoy it but i sorta start glancing over the text when it gets too much

also when i saw that you had posted in the thread my first thought was that a new girl/glasses chapter was out lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

my brand is extremely strong

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Started reading Insomniacs After School after watching the first episode of the anime (which I quite liked!) and I kinda wish that I had started reading it a lot earlier because it's been a very sweet read for the 3 volumes I've gotten through so far. At least I got a ton of backlog to get through this way.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

final chapter of telework yotabanashi

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dang, that's a very powerful chapter 1.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

im rereading it to get a better feel for how the ending is paced, did not notice he was reading ase to sekken when i was reading it the first time

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Megamissen posted:

im rereading it to get a better feel for how the ending is paced, did not notice he was reading ase to sekken when i was reading it the first time
I finished it just now, and I really liked the tension build-up for the last few chapters - it gave an interesting juxtaposition to the ending, although I do wish the manga itself had been a little longer.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think it's money left on the table if there isn't a sequel series of them visiting ruins around the world, but maybe the mangaka would need to do more research for that

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 29, step by step

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i did in fact drop it after this chapter lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

girl who has not forgotten her glasses in a while chapter 99

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

komura my dude you gotta loosen up

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 30, green light

nishi and yamada go on a date
very cute chapter, nishi bringing up stuff later because she dont know how to break in is very relatable
great faces when they spot miyu and yusuke at the end

we also get top know the girl class reps nickname

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Megamissen posted:

you and i are polar opposites chapter 30, green light

nishi and yamada go on a date
very cute chapter, nishi bringing up stuff later because she dont know how to break in is very relatable
great faces when they spot miyu and yusuke at the end

we also get top know the girl class reps nickname

"oh poo poo what does his hair look like I have no idea I never look up there", remembers everyone else by their hairstyle

aw

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Company and Private Life
Two co-workers with a similar way of cutting loose on their off time.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Ganbare, Douki-chan :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

polar opposites kind of completely kicks rear end, it's cute, all the characters have a ton of life to them, nothing about it feels cynical, and the art feels so unique compared to everything else out there. putting the focus on nishi and yamada every once in a while is such a delight. good fuckin manga

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
legit one of the hidden gems currently in publication. i'm always like "ok i'm DONE with the high school stories. only ADULT stories with ADULTS who PAY TAXES from now on" and then immediately get blindsided by a high school manga that knocks it out of the loving park. first it was Skip and Loafer, then it was Insomniacs (should probably catch up on that one since i ain't getting hidive anytime soon) then it was polar opposites. love those loving dorks, love the writing, love the art style, love Gapacho

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Gapacho was telling me that Nishi and Yamada are cute as gently caress and by god, they’re right.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I still think there is risk for fake out and she panicked and kissed a random dude.

Also exciting times in Nagatoro where they seem to have taken the somewhat radical step of admitting they are dating without bothering to get to the confession

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

my dearest nemesis is a new series from the author who did gtb and is starting out very strong

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Megamissen posted:

my dearest nemesis is a new series from the author who did gtb and is starting out very strong

Oh this is delightful

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A Galaxy next door is very cute. It and Yamada-Kun at l999 really brightening up my viewing this season.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Got confessed to so hard MF spontaneously grew eyes.

https://comick.app/comic/ganbare-douki-chan/J8RA20b1-chapter-221-en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Megamissen posted:

oh so that's why the art looked familiar