Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Why is the GM picking players who don’t fit the scheme?

This is the most infuriating thing in football. Get good players, but get good players at the things you need them to be good at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Why is the GM picking players who don’t fit the scheme?

Are you this year's Vincent Van Goatse?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you this year's Vincent Van Goatse?

I don’t know what this means, but sorry your GM and defensive coordinator apparently never talk.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sataere posted:

This is the most infuriating thing in football. Get good players, but get good players at the things you need them to be good at.

A positively Holmesian outlook, imo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da most important quaaaaahlity in a football player is whether or not dey can play BEEYAAAAR FOOTBALL in da bleeeyack an' blue division, thanks i'll hang up and listen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The most important quality is something else.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1655028343022944256

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

da most important quaaaaahlity in a football player is whether or not dey can play BEEYAAAAR FOOTBALL in da bleeeyack an' blue division, thanks i'll hang up and listen.

And I knew he was the guy for us because he drove the Bearsiest of car - his grandma's Toyota Camry!

MJeff posted:

A positively Holmesian outlook, imo.

Apparently also Poles. Not once when he was talking about the players did he say anything other than how they fit the type of football culture they are trying to build and how they fit what they are trying to do schematically

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Most of the Packer's problems on defense are the fact that they hired Joe Barry in 2021 instead of Ejiro Evero.

But yes, Mina is right. The Packer's roster construction strategy for 15? years at this point has been to invest their first round picks on defense - especially high physical attribute SPARQ-y guys - and hunt in the 2nd/3rd round for offensive talent. It has produced a team that consistently had a low floor / low ceiling type defense and - with Aaron at least at top 10/top 5 offense every year. It's hard to criticize it too much from a pure roster perspective, largely the team has had pretty good to great players ish. Packer's are usually close to the top of the rankings when people do the "Drafted and developed the most players" in the NFL. Now hiring _coaches_ on the other hand

adaz fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 7, 2023

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

adaz posted:

Now hiring _coaches_ on the other hand

Hey, Joe Philbin and Nathaniel Hackett got head coaching jobs! :v:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

SirPablo posted:

They know you win games by scoring the most points, right?

True, but lowering the bar for what "the most" is by having a good defense helps with that goal.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

True, but lowering the bar for what "the most" is by having a good defense helps with that goal.

Unless you're counting on your D to put points up, even a lowered bar required clearance.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/79thAndHalas/status/1655250748911898625

smh, nose in the playbook not the school book Justin.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/79thAndHalas/status/1655250748911898625

smh, nose in the playbook not the school book Justin.

So disappointed. I thought he loved football.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Justin just angling to be the next McCaskey family accountant.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bird in a Blender posted:

Playing the long game

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Motherfucker out there playing School and not Football...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Sounds like he's overqualified.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No more Big Dog. I think it's really only Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones who remains from the Rodgers era.

https://twitter.com/BillHuberNFL/status/1655375880737157121

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Timby posted:

Hey, Joe Philbin and Nathaniel Hackett got head coaching jobs! :v:

Don’t forget Ben Mcadoo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/CarmieV/status/1655575352247300100

Starting to look a lot like Chiefs/Lions in Germany.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Super Bowl champions are afraid that the worst team in football might have a lot of fans come to root against them :qq:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Super Bowl champions are afraid that the worst team in football might have a lot of fans come to root against them :qq:

They just don't want to be embarrassed on an international stage. And who can blame them.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

doesn't that article mean that KC wants the bears fans to travel there cause its money for them?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yes and then they get to make fun of them too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I think they just want the Bears' fans money.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kansas City protested the move by explaining their principal tourist attraction is barbecued meat and then distributing a printout showing the body mass of the average bears fan.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah it's a weirdly worded tweet due to the choice to use "protected" as well as saying Bears fans "travel well" so I initially thought they were afraid that there would be more Bears fans traveling to Germany which would look lopsided for the Super Bowl champions to have fewer fans abroad than KC fans. But I think getting Bears fans money at hotels and nearby businesses is more of the calculation here.

It's a loving bummer because I was going to use my 40th birthday being a month before as an excuse to travel to Germany to watch the Bears, definitely not wasting a big birthday trip on fuckin' Kansas City

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The international games are absolutely amazing and if you can you definitely should try and make them.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There has been enough speculation that I was already expecting Kansas/Detroit in Germany.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, like no non top 5 market in the NFL is going to ever let a Bears/Steelers/Cowboys game go overseas.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1655623505176670225

Lions gonna do some Madden stuff for their schedule release this year, I guess.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah it's a weirdly worded tweet due to the choice to use "protected" as well as saying Bears fans "travel well" so I initially thought they were afraid that there would be more Bears fans traveling to Germany which would look lopsided for the Super Bowl champions to have fewer fans abroad than KC fans. But I think getting Bears fans money at hotels and nearby businesses is more of the calculation here.

In the same sentence that says they travel well it says they don't want to lose local revenue it's worded fine :v:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1655623505176670225

Lions gonna do some Madden stuff for their schedule release this year, I guess.

I'd expect NFL Blitz, tbh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hizawk posted:

The international games are absolutely amazing and if you can you definitely should try and make them.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Buffalo / Miami game in Toronto which, at the time, was pretty America lite... so I cant imagine what its like it an actual international soccer stadium and the like.

The atmosphere seems electric at the Mexican City / British games

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

In the same sentence that says they travel well it says they don't want to lose local revenue it's worded fine :v:

Yea fair

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Amy Pole Her posted:

so I cant imagine what its like it an actual international soccer stadium and the like.

https://twitter.com/nygcrush/status/1579096288607768577

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

He’s spinning in his grave.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I would absolutely love to go to a Lions game in Germany, but man I just could not do it this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can only justify that kind of money on going somewhere with a buttload of rollercoasters and it's not like Germany has a buttload of roller coasters, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MJeff posted:

I can only justify that kind of money on going somewhere with a buttload of rollercoasters and it's not like Germany has a buttload of roller coasters, right?

Just rent an M3 or RS3 and go on the autobahn instead