Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

TheWeedNumber posted:

lmfao

anyway double lmao at this

all i did was post a terminal lance comic and talk about a q tip going up my cock

clearly that means im a loving lifer

My dude you also went on a tear calling people wage slaves and monies cuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

FrozenVent posted:

NO BETTER FRIEND

NO WORST KRAMERING

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Look at this loving cringe.

TheWeedNumber posted:

bro i picked a random page just to see if anything funny gets said in this thread and they are straight up calling you guys the loving merchandise. They at least pretended to give a gently caress about me in the military and gave me a shitton of bennies for being willing to kill for them. And at the end of the PhD grind I get to get called Dr and poo poo. My ideas may or may not make a difference in the world but they at least let me go out in the world and take the wild rear end poo poo that spins off the top of my mind after I pinch off a fat poo poo serious.

i don't think you get to talk poo poo tbqh, about military dudes or nerd rear end academics. the PhD nerds are less than 2% of the world's population at any one time. The active duty population is less than .5% of the US population at any one time. Vets make up 7%. Vets showed they are about more than themselves and stepped the gently caress up. niggas like you stayed home to pout about pushing papers or some passive aggressive email you got at your soulless, boring rear end office job.

yeah, we're better, whichever way you cut it: mil or academia.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
me, on watch, hearing that some devildog in the platoon went out on libo, got into a fight, and ended up in jail for 6 hours: lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

FrozenVent posted:

first off, I suggested alternate terms and said “monied cuck.”

Second of all

FrozenVent posted:

yeah but gently caress corpos nonetheless. Apart from that one dude who was like “Ayo I get to be with the wife and kid” I don’t really give a poo poo what a loving drone thinks.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
E: let me just stop talking poo poo for a second and just apologize for being a dumbass. That’s gotta be the way forward.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 14, 2023

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Marines are gross and I don't respect them

-a slutty sailor

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Which of you assholes took a poo poo on the duty desk while I was beating off in the head? You know if you're gonna do that at least pretty it up with a flag and some GI JOES like Iwo Jima. gently caress.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Goddammit, now I have to explain to the CO again why he can't DNA test the whole battalion.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

Which of you assholes took a poo poo on the duty desk while I was beating off in the head? You know if you're gonna do that at least pretty it up with a flag and some GI JOES like Iwo Jima. gently caress.

sorry, i meant to piss on it but i was aiming the wrong way

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Eason the Fifth posted:

me, on watch, hearing that some devildog in the platoon went out on libo, got into a fight, and ended up in jail for 6 hours: lol

yeah, note to all marines, this thread is technically under local laws while on deployment. okinawa style.

fortunately the MPs seem to have handled the latest rampage while the cops were busy with a major holiday

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

pmchem posted:

yeah, note to all marines, this thread is technically under local laws while on deployment. okinawa style.

fortunately the MPs seem to have handled the latest rampage while the cops were busy with a major holiday

yeah im sorry i was a dumbass today

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Nothing a little creative counseling won’t fix.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

MrMojok posted:

Nothing a little creative counseling won’t fix.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I looked this up. Got me.

And now I am having flashbacks to a decade ago where I tried to convince GIP that NO, despite what Aaron Sorkin/NYT tells you, even the biggest dipshits don't get beat to the point of offing themselves, and NO, you can't tell post to "drop and give me 50" so that they'll be too busy pushing to call-in 1 DFL'ing manic SSGT walking down the road to massacre a village.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pmchem posted:

okinawa style.

Marines were constantly getting away with terrorising the locals on the rock so I don't think this is the thing you're going for.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pmchem posted:

okinawa style.

:stare:

You sure them the words you looking for, boss?

Those words get lost in translation from English->Devil Dawg->Nipponese

I assure you, you say Okinawa style but all the locals and Marines hear is 地元沖縄少女に対する儀式的強姦と殺人. And that gets both of their attentions, quick.

Don’t believe me? Ask locals what the one guaranteed neat trick Marines in Japan are going pull.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
One of the last times I was in Okinawa all of the marines were locked down to base because of drunk staff sergeant breaking into someone's home in the middle of the day and assaulting a teenager in the shower.

There's a reason people out there protest us. We're not sending our best. We're sending marines.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I talk poo poo but over @ Misawa the USAF is surely upholding the high stan…

The truth is we need men like the red ranger and the blue ranger and the green ranger, and after some begrudging racism and score settling, yes even the less well bred and tempered but studious yellow ranger standing on that thin wall between us and… What again?

That pic is from this week at the Misawa AB ComiCon. Can’t make that poo poo up.

I’m going bake to bed. Goodnight.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 24, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

quote:

the Misawa AB ComiCon

The what now?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

At first I was :magical: now I realize it’s 2023 and well? :shrug:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

:stare:

You sure them the words you looking for, boss?

Those words get lost in translation from English->Devil Dawg->Nipponese

I assure you, you say Okinawa style but all the locals and Marines hear is 地元沖縄少女に対する儀式的強姦と殺人. And that gets both of their attentions, quick.

Don’t believe me? Ask locals what the one guaranteed neat trick Marines in Japan are going pull.

yeah man i probably hosed up but i hope you all got my gist! thanks for the details, hah

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This deployment has been quiet, probably from all the financial death by PowerPoints we've been getting

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That and we've got no money to spare after our car payments and sending the rest back home

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Easy solution, have you heard of a power of attorney? Yes, that stripper you just met can make financial decisions for you while you're deployed.

What sort of cost would you put on peace of mind? Priceless.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Already gave her a general poa so I'm good, not sure why I don't have a house anymore though. Odd.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

Already gave her a general poa so I'm good, not sure why I don't have a house anymore though. Odd.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

PathAsc posted:

Don't worry about that baby it was just a paperwork mistake. It'll get fixed next week with a few other errands and when you get back from this deployment everything will be great. Might need some other information for the paperwork though, where do you keep stuff like your birth certificate, social security card, and the title to your truck?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Update: I'm adopting Jody, he's my wife's 23 y/o kid. Yes I understand the age gap isn't much, I passed math for Marines. He was born at an advanced age. Duh.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PathAsc posted:

Update: I'm adopting Jody, he's my wife's 23 y/o kid. Yes I understand the age gap isn't much, I passed math for Marines. He was born at an advanced age. Duh.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Who the gently caress changed the firewatch roster

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nice and hot piss posted:

Who the gently caress changed the firewatch roster

Three guys went out and got poo poo faced, started a minor diplomatic incident and now they're in the brig. Gotta fill their spots on the roster while the paper work goes through and who else is sober enough long enough to do it? Besides you're a marine 24/7, 96 hour liberty is a privilege.

Edit: that is what you guys call it, right? 96 hour liberty? I try to speak Marine to keep you guys comfortable in this re-commissioned thread but it's not my native language.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 29, 2023

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

Three guys went out and got poo poo faced, started a minor diplomatic incident and now they're in the brig. Gotta fill their spots on the roster while the paper work goes through and who else is sober enough long enough to do it? Besides you're a marine 24/7, 96 hour liberty is a privilege.

Edit: that is what you guys call it, right? 96 hour liberty? I try to speak Marine to keep you guys comfortable in this re-commissioned thread but it's not my native language.

back when I was in it was just "a 96" and liberty was "libo". can't imagined that's changed too much in 20 years but you never know

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ya'all got 96 hour libos? poo poo anything over 72 hours was charged as leave when I was in.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
As heard in the "I'm gonna take a 96/put that Jody in a great big fix" running cadence

edit: ^^ IIRC, 96 was max. but I might also be misremembering

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 29, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

We a 120 once, it was glorious and a highlight in the eight years of bullshit. That being said, the safety stand-down afterwards made it completely not worth it lol. 90% suck, 10% meh. Balanced. Perfect. As all enlistments apparently are, if you're lucky.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

quote:

hey corpos,

the MARINE THREAD is ending its deployment to BFC at the end of the month:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908783

please drop by and tell them about gainful private sector employment and all the silly vets you've seen make the transition before they go!

Please take this cheap-rear end clock that we've mounted onto a plastic base, with your incorrectly-spelled name engraved on it, as a token of our appreciation of all your hard work and contributions to Corpos Incorporated. May it forever lose exactly 2 minutes per day and remind you of just how much we value you here in our organization.

You may also select a gift from this catalog, valued up to $25. (Note: This is considered taxable income.)

Thank you for your Five Years of Service. :v:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Vaguely career-related question before the thread moves: How are clearances handled when you're enlisted? I know that when I was in the DC offices of my company, they had a lot of veterans around because we were always looking for people who had secret/top secret clearance. (Since a lot of our contracts were on federal projects that required the staff had those clearances.) Is it something that most folks will end up getting while serving? Or does it depend on MOS/rank/other factors?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If nothing is holding you back and your background check doesn’t hit any roadblocks, most people get their Secret when they arrive to their unit or during Basic, or at least the paperwork done to it. The papers are initially filled with your enlisted recruiter before you even go to basic.

If there’s anything, like other citizenships or something weird or whatever, it’s not a problem, it just means literally nobody gives a poo poo about you as enlisted and will leave it at that. It will then show up as ”PSI pending” or ”PSI complete”, which means Personnel Security Investigation. As you do not need Secret clearance for so many enlisted jobs, the next time someone might care about it is when you deploy to a specific place or get a promotion or an assignment that needs it. They will then finish it by clearing the question marks, which sometimes might be just checkboxes or contacting the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency to finish it.

For officers, the default is Secret, during ROTC or the academy, and if it is pending, it generally holds your commissioning until finished. Some branches do Top Secret like the Air Force, but Army just wants Secret out of many officers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Little known fact: DoD actually contracts with Sporcle now and you can re-up your security clearance by way of successfully completing various anime quizzes.