Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I finally got around to making this. Every season since Detroit took 1st. All teams bumped up 1 if TB finished ahead of them, and TB never finished first so whatever

Bears had highest standard deviation, no surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

trevorreznik posted:

I finally got around to making this. Every season since Detroit took 1st. All teams bumped up 1 if TB finished ahead of them, and TB never finished first so whatever

Those colors are poo poo

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Yates posted:

Those colors are poo poo

Blame google

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 14, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

As a colourblind the last three of that one are largely indistinguishable

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

As a colourblind the last three of that one are largely indistinguishable

It's true, all enemies of bears athletics are basically the same

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

trevorreznik posted:

Charts are my hobby

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Charts are my hobby

But graphic design is your passion?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I saw a chart that Jamal had 200 yards under expected with the lions last year while Montgomery only had 50 under with the bears. So, by that measure alone we're gonna have 150 more rushing yards!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

trevorreznik posted:

Look at those scrappy underdogs from Green Bay. On average still failing to take the division...

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Look at those scrappy underdogs from Green Bay. On average still failing to take the division...

I stared at this chart with my mouth hanging open for like 10 minutes before I realized that should be 2022 and not 2002 (which means packers got first 15 out of 28 years which is def above average)

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Guy A. Person posted:

I stared at this chart with my mouth hanging open for like 10 minutes before I realized that should be 2022 and not 2002 (which means packers got first 15 out of 28 years which is def above average)

Lol woops. It's 29 years, packers with 15 vs bears (5) + Vikings (9) =14

I dunno why I put in 2002 instead of 22

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Lions signed a dude from EMU :toot:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1658202318456647680?t=-ZMOdfteL2cwfGNxP-xEPQ&s=19

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

trevorreznik posted:

Lol woops. It's 29 years, packers with 15 vs bears (5) + Vikings (9) =14

I dunno why I put in 2002 instead of 22

Oh this makes so much more sense; I was like "this is cool but why on earth did they select this time range decades in the past"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8mUbloXauM

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Mahomes kneecap status: Perilous

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMlorWJD8A

New propaganda just dropped

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Is there a single organization in the state of Illinois with a currently existing 'championship culture'

i say no

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

trevorreznik posted:

Is there a single organization in the state of Illinois with a currently existing 'championship culture'

i say no

https://www.ihsa.org/data/fb/records/team1-2.htm

Lena-Winslow high school has won state championship 4 out of the last 5 years. I'd call that a championship culture.

Now if you're referring to pro teams, hell no.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern women's lacrosse.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Roseo posted:

https://www.ihsa.org/data/fb/records/team1-2.htm

Lena-Winslow high school has won state championship 4 out of the last 5 years. I'd call that a championship culture.

Now if you're referring to pro teams, hell no.

Now that's a drat good answer. Way back in the day I used to drive through that area on the way to galena/Iowa. I think Lena had one of the first 85% ethanol fuel pumps around, starting in the late 90s?

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 16, 2023

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

i say no

Northwestern debate

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
unfortunately the University of Chicago's Economics department has been in control of this country for the better part of a century

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

i say no

Chicago's Big10 team Ohio State has won many championships

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Metapod posted:

You've gone too far, apologize.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Metapod posted:

Get out

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I for one do not miss the big 10 frat like poo poo at many Chicago workplaces I experienced. So bizarre.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

I got a Nickelodeon commercial when I first loaded this and was very confused when this didn't turn into a Mitchell Trubisky career retrospective afterwards.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

trevorreznik posted:

i say no

"Building a Winning Culture" is the kind of thing front offices and PR departments say because it sounds good, and it's also most of their job. Try to convince the players to play as hard as possible in order to win

I roll my eyes at that kind of stuff, because of the way it's served up to us the viewer, but if it works on the players then gently caress it go for it.

H.I.T.S.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Metapod posted:

how dare you

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

unfortunately the University of Chicago's Economics department has been in control of this country for the better part of a century

i wish they'd just go back to winning big 10 championships/nattys but nooooo they had to focus on academics

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hand Row posted:

I for one do not miss the big 10 frat like poo poo at many Chicago workplaces I experienced. So bizarre.

I always found Notre Dame fans in Chicago to be way more obnoxious than any Big 10 fans

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dexo posted:

Haha

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I always found Notre Dame fans in Chicago to be way more obnoxious than any Big 10 fans

Oh god yes

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Metapod posted:

There are at least 5 other big 10 teams with bigger fan bases in chicago than OSU.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

There are at least 5 other big 10 teams with bigger fan bases in chicago than OSU.

Both Michigans, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, maybe Indiana?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

adding metapod to the Enemies of Northwestern Athletics List

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GNU Order posted:

"Building a Winning Culture" is the kind of thing front offices and PR departments say because it sounds good, and it's also most of their job. Try to convince the players to play as hard as possible in order to win

I roll my eyes at that kind of stuff, because of the way it's served up to us the viewer, but if it works on the players then gently caress it go for it.

H.I.T.S.

Seems to be working okay for the Lions

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Both Michigans, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, maybe Indiana?

Add Purdue to that list too.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Hand Row posted:

"Okay guys, flipcup, Big Ten vs Ivys" is the single most cursed sentence I've heard at a happy hour and it occurred in Chicago. Total agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Paracaidas posted:

"Okay guys, flipcup, Big Ten vs Ivys" is the single most cursed sentence I've heard at a happy hour and it occurred in Chicago. Total agreement.

*reads that quote*

*calls the Hague*