Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I'm in my mid 30s and I've never had jury duty and sometimes I worry that there's a warrant out for my arrest because I accidentally threw away the letter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been called three times in my life, and not once even gone to the court. Two of them I was away for school and I was called in my hometown. I just wrote in saying I wasn't taking off school to go to jury duty. The most recent time was here, and I called the phone number the night before and they said they didn't need me and that was my jury duty for the next two years.

So I guess we'll see what happens in another 18 months or whatever. My neighbors all say once you start getting called, it's like clockwork.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't talk about that poo poo on here. it will pick up everyone who is saying the words

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

don't talk about that poo poo on here. it will pick up everyone who is saying the words

The US Court System doesn't work on Beetlejuice rules

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Just got threatened by "someone" (not a user), removing this. You're so right.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 15, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'm in my mid 30s and I've never had jury duty and sometimes I worry that there's a warrant out for my arrest because I accidentally threw away the letter

When my dad did it, it was the first time in his life and he'd have been 66 or 67 at the time.

The clerk of the court didn't call so I'm now waiting 2 hours before I can call up and check if I'll be doing the same tomorrow. Worse ways to spend a Monday but it does mean I've been paranoid that I gave them the wrong number.

I also took my pill today & didn't realise I has no water around, and by the time I got to the sink it had basically dissolved in my mouth. I still have the sertraline taste in my mouth, it's loving nasty

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I had jury duty once and my friend's dad was the judge, so I'm thinking maybe he didn't pick me because of that. My partner recently had jury duty but the day before they had to go in, they got an update that they weren't selected for the jury and didn't have to go in at all but that this still counted as serving. I kind of think it's neat to have to do jury duty but if I ever do it, it'd have to be a full Pauly Shore situation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've actually always wanted to be on a jury (though I've been thoroughly warned it is either astonishingly boring OR you see and hear some hosed up poo poo you really didn't want to) but only ever got called up once, and my boss at the time said they couldn't spare me so wrote a letter that got me excused and I've never been called up once since :shrug:

My dad has been called up multiple times, my mother at least twice (the first time she showed up the solicitor just immediately went,"Nah" and so she got to go home), and one of my sisters had to sit on a case involving physical assault that went all the way to the final day before the accused jumped to a settlement. None of them have come out the other end with particularly high thoughts about the justice system.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

ive been called like 5 times and been on a case twice, the foreman for one. The first time I was selected you had to sit all day in a big room with like 70 other people in uncomfortable chairs just waiting to see if they call your name at all. I was like 18 or 19 and thought it was a big deal so I wore my lovely suit to the first day to just sit there even more uncomfortable doing nothing. I was immediately disillusioned so I wore my SA grenade hoody and jeans to the second, and naturally I was selected for a case. Thank god it’s been the phone call system since.

As a bonus I thought I recognized a guy on the jury from an SA related LAN Party and asked if he had stairs in his house. It was not the same guy :saddowns:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I had Jury Duty and intentionally did a 12 angry men esque effort to get the guy off because the DA assistant who was prosecuting tried to gently caress me three years prior and somehow they still let me on that jury.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you mean like he hit on you in a bar, or

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

let me do it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I got medically disqualified for Jury Duty.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Every time I try to create something new for work it just gets poo poo on. I made a really cool After Effects template to make reels out of for their open houses every week. Something fun for the agents and their reps to post. Everyone loves them then it just gets canned immediately by the higher-ups.

It’s like they want me too do the bare minimum. I can just sit here and listen to Mothman podcasts all day if that’s what they want.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well, I spent today sitting around the house waiting for a phone call that never came & now I get to do it again tomorrow.

I'm not going to complain, there's a lot worse things to be doing with a Monday & Tuesday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They paying you for your time?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s super super easy to get yourself recused if you really want to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmgcbsFFY1A

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Shard posted:

They paying you for your time?

I should probably look into this.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got out of jury duty by saying I hated cops, they toss you right out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Well at least you didn't have to lie.

At home with the son he has strep throat and an ear infection

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I got out of jury duty by saying I hated cops, they toss you right out

but the problem with doing that is then the juries are stuffed with people who just loving love cops

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Gonna see Goodfellas after work. Excited for some gangster poo poo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hello goons. My partner and I both have Switches. If I buy Zelda on my Switch and also have my account added to her Switch, can I also download the game there so she can play it and we only need to buy it once? Is there any benefit/requirement for us to both be using Nintendo Online with a family account or anything? We're both interested in playing but obviously would love to not have to buy the game twice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hello goons. My partner and I both have Switches. If I buy Zelda on my Switch and also have my account added to her Switch, can I also download the game there so she can play it and we only need to buy it once? Is there any benefit/requirement for us to both be using Nintendo Online with a family account or anything? We're both interested in playing but obviously would love to not have to buy the game twice.

Not really. When you put your account on another Switch, you have to designate one as the primary (presumably yours). Any digital game on your Switch can be played by any user without a problem. Any other Switch you put your account on will be non-primary and only you can play your digital games on it. Additionally, only one person can be playing a digital game at a time, with the primary getting priority, so anyone playing on the non-primary will get kicked off. Nintendo Online makes no difference one way or the other.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It you buy it on your Switch she'll have to use your account to play it on hers. If you buy it on hers and you try to play it at the same time it won't work unless she's in airplane mode or just not online.

If you're not planning on playing at the same time you're better off getting a physical copy and just sharing it otherwise it can be kind of a pain in the rear end.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ugh, that's annoying. Thanks for the clarification!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The Menzingers just announced a show in Asheville! Bands like that never play here. Very exciting.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I believe there may be a work around. I think if you set her switch as your primary on your account and she sets your switch as her primary on her account on the other switch yall can share games. Here is a thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/l68slm/my_husband_and_i_figured_out_how_to_share_games/

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I believe there may be a work around. I think if you set her switch as your primary on your account and she sets your switch as her primary on her account on the other switch yall can share games. Here is a thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/l68slm/my_husband_and_i_figured_out_how_to_share_games/

Oh this is interesting – thanks!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh this is interesting – thanks!

let me know if it works - I'm planning to get my son a switch for his birthday and I want to know if he can play games I've bought his sister already

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have strep

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

The Menzingers just announced a show in Asheville! Bands like that never play here. Very exciting.

Nice at Rabbit Rabbit? Grey Eagle?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Nice at Rabbit Rabbit? Grey Eagle?

Salvage Station, indoors.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello. i'm johnny strep

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't know why that was said.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doing drugs in the rural outskirts of chicago, it’s fuckin desolate out here

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Seeing old movies in a theater is the best thing ever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dangerous Person posted:

Seeing old movies in a theater is the best thing ever

Especially with a full crowd. Watched Some Like It Hot in a big ol' fashioned picture theater a few years back with a full house and it absolutely loving ruled.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If it's still there and y'all go to new Orleans I recommend the Prytania Theatre. I used to walk there in high school and catch movies after school. Here is the description:

Historic, circa-1914 single-screen movie theater showing new, classic, kids' & indie flicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can't sleep throat killing me 103 fever. gently caress going to work tomorrow