Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I lost all respect for that era of Bros when I saw Take Me Out to the Ballgame or w/e and Frank and Dean(?) we’re singing and dancing to a 5 minute number about loving a 13 year old.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

i had to work at home this weekend and put on a movie called 'mojave' in the background and it is one of the worst pieces of poo poo ever. it seemed to mostly be about oscar isaac walking around beverly hills in a pink speedo calling everyone brother before murdering them. also featured mark wahlberg yelling about owning a clam shack and the only boring walton goggins performance i have ever seen.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started a X Files rewatch. The huge 90s gray suits ftw.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Started a X Files rewatch. The huge 90s gray suits ftw.

X files is so good. It's crazy how quickly they found the formula, chemistry. Everything just works right away and you have a great show

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

millenium was also goofy fun but on absolutely no streaming service for some reason

thanks to dendy, for good sig

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Finished reading Gravity’s Rainbow

wowee thanks again Dendy

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

kojima tweet

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

nice. I liked that book a lot. took me a few tries to get through it and when I finally did read the whole thing I kept running into passages that had really stuck in my brain but I hadn't remembered their origin. ton of really striking ideas/phrases/images

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watched The Muppets Mayhem. The Muppets, too, can be ruined and made absolutely embarrassing. Well done.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Have been laid up with a nasty fever the past couple days and finally got around to watching the godfather 1 & 2 for the first time. Absolutely godly movies. Reading about the history of Cosa Nostra on wiki and lol:

quote:

There is always a risk that outsiders and undercover policemen might masquerade as a mafioso to infiltrate the organization. To ensure that this does not happen, a mafioso must never introduce himself to another mafioso whom he does not personally know, even if he knows the other through reputation. If he wants to establish a relationship, he must ask a third mafioso whom they both personally know to introduce them to each other in a face-to-face meeting. This intermediary can vouch that neither of the two is an impostor.

This tradition is upheld scrupulously, often to the detriment of efficient operation. For instance, when mafioso Indelicato Amedeo returned to Sicily following his initiation in the United States in the 1950s, he could not announce his membership to his own mafioso father but had to wait for a mafioso from the United States who knew of his induction to come to Sicily and introduce the son to the father.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just watched Akira for the first time. Pretty good. Not sure what it was about

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

nice. I liked that book a lot. took me a few tries to get through it and when I finally did read the whole thing I kept running into passages that had really stuck in my brain but I hadn't remembered their origin. ton of really striking ideas/phrases/images

The bit where slothrop is eating horrible english candies is one of the funniest bits in any book

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

saw the new blackberry movie by the nirvanna the band team. i liked it and it was good. ok bye.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Great Dictator ftw.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

The Great Dictator ftw.

Charlie Chaplin kicks rear end

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Charlie Chaplin kicks rear end

The final speech still hits hard

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

The final speech still hits hard

I judged a speech contest in Japan once and one of the kids did this speech in a hitler outfit.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I judged a speech contest in Japan once and one of the kids did this speech in a hitler outfit.

That was lyle

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

wowee thanks again Dendy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i guess jujutsu kaisen manga is ending soon, talk about breakneck pace

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

just discovered this band, vibing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3bOr8G9EQg

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
browsing shudder for things to watch and lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Someone should tell Metalgod969 to turn on his monitor

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Lol awesome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Someone should tell Metalgod969 to turn on his monitor

:redass:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ramsay's kitchen nightmares

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ramsay's kitchen nightmares

My TV has a built-in streaming channel that plays this 24/7 and I find it really hard to turn it off sometimes

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I found it once when I was drunk I think and now kitchen nightmares is on whenever I turn on the TV unless I can muster up the will to change it to some other streaming service or a game console or whatever

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arch Nemesis posted:

My TV has a built-in streaming channel that plays this 24/7 and I find it really hard to turn it off sometimes

Same, there's a dedicated channel that airs Unsolved Mysteries all day, and I can lose a few hours to that before I know it

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

I found it once when I was drunk I think and now kitchen nightmares is on whenever I turn on the TV unless I can muster up the will to change it to some other streaming service or a game console or whatever

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watching stuff like that back to back usually fills me with existential dread so I’m no good at bingeing anymore.