Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i watched air and it was whatever but it made me realize that when matt damon acts i forget i'm watching matt damon but when ben affleck acts i'm always aware i'm watching ben affleck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ramsay's kitchen nightmares

I would pay good money for someone to go back and re-edit the American version and remove all the music and stupid loving sound effects to even attempt to make it look somewhat close to the original version

I can watch the UK ones endlessly

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yeah the UK ones are way more chill from what I remember, but with the US ones you can tell the producers wanted Ramsay to be more of a dick along with all the water harps and quick cuts

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The UK version was also genuinely educational at times. Gordon Ramsay gave some really interesting insight into what it takes to not only run a restaurant but also formulate a menu, attract and retain customers, how to shop for ingredients and work with local vendors, and all kinds of other stuff.

The us version can be summed up with one sound effect used about 300 times an episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dinyOvO2EEo

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Good soup! posted:

I would pay good money for someone to go back and re-edit the American version and remove all the music and stupid loving sound effects to even attempt to make it look somewhat close to the original version

I can watch the UK ones endlessly

Gordon owns a copyright on that door creaking/voilin slow sting sound effect because it's used 50 times an episode in all of his US shows lol

It would be hard to edit the us version to resemble the UK though. UK kitchen nightmares are all documentaries and US has to follow a formula no matter what. I don't like hells kitchen as much since most of the contestants aren't really cooks and them loving up isn't as funny as some dude triple mortgaging his house to keep his drive through pasta restaurant afloat.

Uncle Frank fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 17, 2023

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
kitchen nightmares US is entirely worth it because of the Amy's Baking Company episode

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

kitchen nightmares US is entirely worth it because of the Amy's Baking Company episode

Lol those fuckers are nuts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

gordon ramsay running into money laundering fronts and just being horrified ftw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arrhythmia posted:

lol forgot about this one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

extremebuff posted:

gordon ramsay running into money laundering fronts and just being horrified ftw

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

that feeling when you make the food intentionally spicy to harm your angry customers

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
there's a UK on about an Indian restaurant where Gordan brings in some bellydancers to promote the store and while he's introducing them to the owners the guy walks straight up to one of the ladies and meekly says "you are one of my wives"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Uncle Frank posted:

there's a UK on about an Indian restaurant where Gordan brings in some bellydancers to promote the store and while he's introducing them to the owners the guy walks straight up to one of the ladies and meekly says "you are one of my wives"

hahaha, the owner of the Curry House, saying "you remind me of one of my wives"

gordon: lmao what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D21No5_Z-dQ

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Good soup! posted:

hahaha, the owner of the Curry House, saying "you remind me of one of my wives"

gordon: lmao what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D21No5_Z-dQ

lmfao I've seen this episode a few times and I always assumed he was just calling his shot right then and there

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I don't remember the last time I watched a Kitchen Nightmares, but the Uncharted show Gordon does on National Geographic is pretty good too. Just Gordon learning cuisine he's never cooked before, getting taught by a local, and being totally game for it all, even when a Peruvian dude tells him he has to climb down a cliff to harvest a fungus for one of the dishes Gordon's being taught to make.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rohan beasting on the new Jojo

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
killers of the flower moon trailer dropped today and its so good. might have to see this day 1...

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1659185334129684487

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

killers of the flower moon trailer dropped today and its so good. might have to see this day 1...

Owned.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

looks pog. & it was a stacked year for movies already...ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thinking about paranoia agent and rewatched the suicide episode. i should rewatch the whole thing again soon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

thinking about paranoia agent and rewatched the suicide episode. i should rewatch the whole thing again soon

paranoia agent ftw.

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao Mulder just explained to Scully why he's afraid of fire. S1E12. He's rifling through a filing cabinet and gets a thousand yard stare and talks kind of reverently. "When I was a kid my best friend's house burnt down. [Pause. Sigh. Sit back.] We spent an evening in the rubble fending of looters. Ever since then I've had nightmares about being stuck in a burning building."

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

In Training posted:

Lmfao Mulder just explained to Scully why he's afraid of fire. S1E12. He's rifling through a filing cabinet and gets a thousand yard stare and talks kind of reverently. "When I was a kid my best friend's house burnt down. [Pause. Sigh. Sit back.] We spent an evening in the rubble fending of looters. Ever since then I've had nightmares about being stuck in a burning building."
I love when he says he was just extending a hand to an old lady friend and Scully's like "oh, is that what you were extending?"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Five episodes into Mob Psycho 100. This is really good. It's a huge step up from One Punch Man. Wife's enjoying it a lot too.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

In Training posted:

lol, i've gotta do a rewatch sometime, i've still got all of my old dvd boxsets

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mulder breaking the law and tresspassing on someones property because he has a hunch about bigfoot ftw

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mulder breaking the law and tresspassing on someones property because he has a hunch about bigfoot ftw

Your probation reasons always make you look like a horse’s rear end.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
i'm going to bruges on Monday. probably best known due to the film In Bruges. Strong recommend for anyone that hasn't seen it, comedy thriller that manages both of those without loving up the other. Colin farrells best work imo

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

i'm going to bruges on Monday. probably best known due to the film In Bruges. Strong recommend for anyone that hasn't seen it, comedy thriller that manages both of those without loving up the other. Colin farrells best work imo

In Bruges ftw. The town is cool too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Your probation reasons always make you look like a horse’s rear end.

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Yea it’s cool.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

sick movie. would like to see the city

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

watched john wick 4. ending was sad and the ending stinger was sadder

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watched the first episode of Dinosaurs and probably gonna powerwatch that rear end.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

dinosaurs ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

copy posted:

dinosaurs ftw

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

copy posted:

dinosaurs ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I judged a speech contest in Japan once and one of the kids did this speech in a hitler outfit.

lol