Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
drat. that toyota is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Total ownage

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

spaced ninja posted:

drat. that toyota is loving great.

:yeah:

Does it fit a minifig?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I feel like that mustang is a bit too thick in the middle , like one plate too low? I dunno how to describe it

Supra looks incredible

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well, how does it feel to know you’ve made the best thing you’ll ever make (the 2000GT)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Literally A Person posted:

:yeah:

Does it fit a minifig?
All three of those fit a minifig! Every car I've ever built except the Pagani Zonda fits a minifig.

trevorreznik posted:

I feel like that mustang is a bit too thick in the middle , like one plate too low? I dunno how to describe it
No, you're right. It fell victim to the classic 6-wide Speed Champs proportion issue of "too tall / not wide enough." The issue is that I really, really wanted to use this neat idea I had for shaping the side panels by nestling curved slopes into panels, but that tech yields a side that's 9.5 plates tall, which is a hell of a lot. The good news is, when it's sitting on a non reflective surface and the black rocker trim blends with the shadow that the car casts, it looks much more reasonable. Definitely a compromise for the shaping I wanted, though, yeah.

Dogen posted:

Well, how does it feel to know you’ve made the best thing you’ll ever make (the 2000GT)
:coal:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
tie interceptor trip report

it absolutely slaps

i have no idea how lego took this long to fix their chunky blue mistake and that red piece of cartoon poo poo doesnt count either

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Chris Knight posted:

Toyotal ownage

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
They're all great, but obviously the GT takes it. Really nice lines.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Now do a '92 Toyota Hilux

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Now do a '92 Toyota Hilux

Already did an 85 Hilux

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New Star Wars mechs, in the same style as the Marvel mechs they've been running for a few years. They look quite a bit bulkier than most Marvel mechs. I wonder what price we're looking at, accounting for that and the Star Wars tax. 138 pieces for the Storm Trooper is the same amount as the Hulk from this year, and that one had considerably more bulk than the other mechs in that line.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

New Star Wars mechs, in the same style as the Marvel mechs they've been running for a few years. They look quite a bit bulkier than most Marvel mechs. I wonder what price we're looking at, accounting for that and the Star Wars tax. 138 pieces for the Storm Trooper is the same amount as the Hulk from this year, and that one had considerably more bulk than the other mechs in that line.

they're so stupid.
I love them all.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Toys?! From my toy company?! HOW DARE THEY!

I'm surprised Vader turned out to be the weakest of the three. Boba looks surprisingly decent and it's awesome that he's getting a proper Empire fully printed fig, it also makes me happy that it's not identical to the UCS Slave-1 version. I'm a big dummy, but I'm definitely going to get some of those Stormtrooper mechs for the printed Imp logo, or maybe I'll just brinklink it.

Hot drat you really nailed this one, an amazing rendition of a truly stupendous car. The custom wheels really tie the whole thing together. Are you going to put the instructions up on Rebrickable?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Skios posted:

Extremely whatever about the whole character mech thing but Boba Fett looks not bad. The others are butt.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lego Friends mechs when.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
That stormtrooper mech looks like it could be used as a basis for a Wolfenstein Ubersoldat with some mods and palette changes.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

mutata posted:

Lego Friends mechs when.

YES. Also that new trippy line intended for the psychedelic audience. Why yes sir I'd like my mechs to be half animal and half heavy machinery.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
A LEGO designer in a Discord server I'm in mentioned another rendering mistake that actually made it onto the box art, too:

One of the curved slopes over the front wheels is just missing entirely.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

A LEGO designer in a Discord server I'm in mentioned another rendering mistake that actually made it onto the box art, too:

One of the curved slopes over the front wheels is just missing entirely.

The tiny woman is sitting on it, using it as a tiny stool.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did something change with the deal about star wars action figures?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I wouldn't know but these aren't action figures.. it's an armor suit that you slip a minifigure into. Totally different! :v:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

kefkafloyd posted:

That stormtrooper mech looks like it could be used as a basis for a Wolfenstein Ubersoldat with some mods and palette changes.

Glad I’m not the only one who got Wolfenstein vibes from it. Just need a little Lego Blazcowicz to explode it.

Cojawfee posted:

They’ve done similar stuff before, like those hideous Technic-esque figures from a few years ago.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I don't know where the dividing line for "action figure" vs. "building toy" is but it seems to be somewhere around the point where you're just sticking whole limbs together. They can't sell minifigure packs because those are too close to action figures but you can sell a model of an action figure built out of many individual smaller pieces.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I bought the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Baby Rocket’s Ship set in response to the movie being great and Rocket being a highlight, I am excited.

I also got the Star Wars death trooper attack set for $25 from a local comic shop.

And then I got 2 of the Lego Mario sets from the current wave now that they’re all 20% off on Amazon, because I continue to stan for that silly theme.

I eagerly look forward to adding them to my ever-growing backlog of sets I need to get off my rear end and build, including the BTTF Delorean, the NES, the Atari 2600, and Lego Mario stuff from the last wave. :shepspends:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
nice i didn't know there was a lego thread. i recently got back into building the speed champions sets as a way to waste time, but i started going overboard

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahahah this guy thinks that’s overboard hahahahahhahaahhahahhahahhHa

I kinda want to layout all my Star Wars instruction books, it’d probably cover my entire bedroom

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 19, 2023

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You keep the instruction books after you build the sets?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
You keep the sets? I throw the models in the garbage the minute I'm done building them

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Carbohydrates posted:

You keep the sets? I throw the models in the garbage the minute I'm done building them

Hell, same

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
You guys actually BUY the sets? I just run pantsless into the Lego store at the mall, throw my money at the workers and sprint back out, farting all the way.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im a speed champion

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

You guys actually BUY the sets? I just run pantsless into the Lego store at the mall, throw my money at the workers and sprint back out, farting all the way.

That was you??

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
What, no jorts? What kind of Lego fan are you?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Habibi posted:

That was you??

There's at least 3 of us.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

drat, my Police Station is missing 12 pieces from step 10 that are all different sizes and are pieces also used earlier in the step, so it's not like I'm missing one of the inside bags. Weird, this is by far the largest piece issue that I've had so far, anything that I've found missing before had been replaced with an incorrect piece, while these are just full on missing. Oh well, at least Lego usually has fantastic customer service, maybe I can wrangle another full bag 10.

E: dang it's actually 25 pieces. fuckin' weird and rather annoying

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 19, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carbohydrates posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cNBf6PkXTw

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BaconCopter posted:

drat, my Police Station is missing 12 pieces from step 10 that are all different sizes and are pieces also used earlier in the step, so it's not like I'm missing one of the inside bags. Weird, this is by far the largest piece issue that I've had so far, anything that I've found missing before had been replaced with an incorrect piece, while these are just full on missing. Oh well, at least Lego usually has fantastic customer service, maybe I can wrangle another full bag 10.

E: dang it's actually 25 pieces. fuckin' weird and rather annoying

This seems like a missing bag. Possible you just missed it?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
yeah I once felt like I was either going blind or stupid but turns out there were two bags numbered 3 in one step :v: that was with the DeLorean tho

Either way customer service usually is rock solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Finally finished the Monkey King Ultra Mech. It's a set that looks very good on the shelf, but gently caress me running is it ever completely overdesigned. Basically the only way to move it around without parts and greebles popping off all over the place is by carefully pinching the waist with your thumb and forefinger. For whatever reason the large round medallion on the belly is attached in an extremely flimsy way. It also has the issue that 33 of the 34 stickers are transparent, meaning you have to very carefully place them with tweezers to avoid unsightly fingerprints.

Compared to the last big mech I built, Nya's Samurai X Mech from last year, this is clearly very much a display piece. The Samurai-X Mech not only has much more articulation (It spent the last few months sitting on the edge of a shelf, daintily dangling its lower legs over the edge), but much more thought appears to have been put into making sure that the various detailing bits don't just randomly go pinwheeling across the room if you breathe on it too hard.