Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
ah okay. Well it's been good enough that I choose to believe anyhow, ty tho

e: like I'm still laughing about Jotaro going "Peace! Good day to you, my dear!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s one of those things like Santa Claus where everyone knows it’s fake but the kids seem to enjoy it so much that you feel bad telling them the truth

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

No Dignity posted:

It was a 'bot' that posted similar funny translations and nonsense aggregations of text but turned out to be a guy deliberately posting weirdly. Like it's cute but it's way too cute for it to be a legitmate machine translation

i think it's run through several different languages which still produces some really weird outcomes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I do hope we catch up with Gappy at some point

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope Rohan meets Gappy and instantly hates him.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

:same:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Why do you think Rohan came all the way to Hawaii?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/54c2bfab-bf8a-4c1b-9ad6-9ca2384ffaba

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So is that cop gonna get turned into a rock like his idol Cars in the next chapter?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bruno continues to be the best father figure.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlVDQ25rxU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Hey now, let's not jump to conclusions, Rohan could be into it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Carpator Diei posted:

Hey now, let's not jump to conclusions, Rohan could be into it.

Oh, I'm absolutely jumping to the conclusion that he's into it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

「TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN」 has no weaknesses!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh neat, I'm glad Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak is getting advertised.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The jojo google translated project guy made a post detailing his process:

https://twitter.com/JojoGTranslated/status/1658586970334068736
https://twitter.com/JojoGTranslated/status/1658586975576932352
https://twitter.com/JojoGTranslated/status/1658587373339541504

It's about what I expected/assumed based on the output tbh. All the translations were pretty believably tortured from google translate, and any semblance of flow or meaning from panel to panel I always chalked up to there being some degree of manual input, whether that was stopping the translation at a certain point or continuing to translate until you got something you liked. Looks like that was the case after all!

e: Tested a bit and yeah the explanation tracks with purely using obfuscator:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 17, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
"Shut up" getting obfuscated to "peace!"/"it's relaxing!" is very good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://mangadex.org/chapter/c5c53a44-8fa7-40c5-90bc-1938ef407551

JoJolands 4

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Good chap

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That is one Crazy Diamond...

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Diamond is Untakeable

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kinda feels like there's not too much to say about this chapter. I liked the creative applications of Smooth Operators and The Hustle, particularly the latter, I wasn't high on Paco at all until this chapter. He's definitely a "cut the Gordian knot open" type for his approach to problems, which is amusing to see in the Jojo context.

Usagi continues to be the smartest on the team even if everyone else's ignoring him. I notice Rohan identified Dragona, Paco, and Meryl Mei, but hasn't mentioned a word yet about Usagi.

I don't think Rohan necessarily knows what the cat is doing and I have a feeling that not only the cat's gonna escape with the diamond, the diamond is also going to be Plot Important.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's fun to have people just trying to beat up Rohan again. Paco using his stand to spider-man around is really cool, I'm excited to see more of his power.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dragonwagon posted:

Diamond is Untakeable

lol

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
If we're going by Part 5 parallels then the diamond might be this part's equivalent of the Requiem Arrow.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"It's a Stand ability used by the cat!" "That doesn't make sense." "What do you mean it doesn't make sense!? It's a psychic powers! It doesn't HAVE to make sense!"

This might be the most sensible character to ever appear in JoJo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragonwagon posted:

Diamond is Untakeable

drat this is good

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's always nice to see Rohan be Rohan again.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think Rohan necessarily knows what the cat is doing and I have a feeling that not only the cat's gonna escape with the diamond, the diamond is also going to be Plot Important.

I actually kind of think that the cat IS some form of security system - it feels very Rohan to have a pet stand user cat that he uses as a pseudo guard dog.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

I actually kind of think that the cat IS some form of security system - it feels very Rohan to have a pet stand user cat that he uses as a pseudo guard dog.

In the previous chapter Rohan saw the cat and got confused about where it came from and who it belonged to.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Gruckles posted:

In the previous chapter Rohan saw the cat and got confused about where it came from and who it belonged to.

Oh right I forgot about that. Lmao if Rohan forgot his own cat, though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rereading the chapter it really stands out to me that when Rohan tosses the diamond at Usagi/Dragona it immediately activates Heaven's Door on both of them upon touching them. The rest of the chapter makes it explicit that Rohan has to touch someone with his fingers to activate Heaven's Door (which is why Paco is restraining his hands, and when Paco is distracted by the diamond toss, Rohan is able to successfully touch Paco and bookify him). Does the diamond transfer/amplify Stand powers?

If that's the case then that explains why Rohan says Dragona would be 'in trouble' if they touched the diamond earlier.

edit: I was not reading carefully enough, there's a panel where Rohan slaps Usagi after he catches the diamond. Dragona isn't affected.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 18, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rohan just loving soloed them, don't mess with the author self-insert.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, Rohan really looked a lot like the Chocolate guy from VA in his first appearance.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Plutonis posted:

Rohan just loving soloed them, don't mess with the author self-insert.

Don't worry, in a few chapters he'll be destitute and forced to work for Meryl Mei with them or something, because Araki loves to torture his fav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1659238832389124097?s=20