Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Scorsese doing another crime movie, surprise surprise :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CameronisGod
Dec 19, 2022

by Pragmatica
Andor is very slow and drags a lot. My parents fell asleep watching it. It may have some good stuff but by god is it loving slow. There are a few episodes you could skip and not miss anything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CameronisGod posted:

Andor is very slow and drags a lot. My parents fell asleep watching it. It may have some good stuff but by god is it loving slow. There are a few episodes you could skip and not miss anything.

maybe Andor isn't for you.

have you tried tik tok

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

CameronisGod posted:

Very bad post.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
What's the true story the scorcese movie is based on?

CameronisGod
Dec 19, 2022

by Pragmatica

Bugblatter posted:

Very bad post.

I don't really give a gently caress you're the people that say the bad rear end Vader scene in Rogue One was bad lol. You're the idiots. You don't know jack. Go back to jerking off to A24 trailers because you'll never have sex with a real girl, nerd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Horizon Burning posted:

this film is surreal. it feels like every second shot is something out of rogue one, and i'm pretty sure they just cgi'd over some footage from that beirut explosion a while back. it looks really good but it also feels weird. "chatgpt, make me a trailer for a sci-fi action film about the dangers of AI in the style of gareth edwards, rogue one, gritty, robots, space station, near future"

edit:

You know when I saw the Beirut shot (that specific angle) I remember thinking it would be good VFX reference (after feeling terrible for everyone involved of course).

But drat yeah that's just a paintover. The god ray is even still there!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The MSJ posted:

LOL look that the length of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f42c4nNzs4

Edit: Mattpatt says the teaser has better cinematography than an MCU movie. He's a real one.

620k views :stare:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Keep in mind, a view is counted even if someone watches like 30 seconds of it. Still, though, yeah, teens love this poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BonoMan posted:

You know when I saw the Beirut shot (that specific angle) I remember thinking it would be good VFX reference (after feeling terrible for everyone involved of course).

But drat yeah that's just a paintover. The god ray is even still there!

Yikes.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Remember when that found footage movie ... Project X? I think? got sued for having actual footage of a real plane crash and played it as part of the story? What if that was a fuckin' city

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Andor would have been better with more interesting characters and plot. As it is it's pretty forgettable

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hell yeah. Scorsese finally tackling the Western genre.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 18, 2023

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Peccadillo posted:

It’s based on a book of the same name that’s a very good read. Here’s the wiki on the subject matter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osage_Indian_murders?wprov=sfti1

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

yes i would like to watch this

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

The Peccadillo posted:

The Osage were forcibly relocated, oil was subsequently discovered on their land and then, coincidentally, a whole lot of murder happened.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Keep in mind, a view is counted even if someone watches like 30 seconds of it. Still, though, yeah, teens love this poo poo.

Right right, we just weren't prepared for this level of fandom.

The Blum teaser has 36.5 million views since Tuesday and this has 680,000 views since last night. Or maybe we call it "clicks" since I doubt anyone would watch the whole thing. At least, I wouldn't. I've stopped trying to predict this fanbase.

We're over here working hard on Exorcist and Fall Guy and getting Fast X out the door and suddenly this is #1 on the agenda. It's like M3GAN, just try not to gently caress it up now.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

kiimo posted:

Right right, we just weren't prepared for this level of fandom.

The Blum teaser has 36.5 million views since Tuesday and this has 680,000 views since last night. Or maybe we call it "clicks" since I doubt anyone would watch the whole thing. At least, I wouldn't. I've stopped trying to predict this fanbase.

We're over here working hard on Exorcist and Fall Guy and getting Fast X out the door and suddenly this is #1 on the agenda. It's like M3GAN, just try not to gently caress it up now.

Do you guys like not fully understand how popular FNAF is? You’re going to make a shitzillion dollars.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qO1ZGBVP0

This trailer reminds me that New Line released a similar documentary right before they got completely eaten up by Warner Bros.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734109/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

Do you guys like not fully understand how popular FNAF is? You’re going to make a shitzillion dollars.

Maybe my boss did, I didn't. The teaser had 55 million views. There's nothing to compare it to on our comps for tracking this sort of poo poo. It blew away A Quiet Place 2 and that had a coordinated trailer launch. It's...unparalleled

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It owns that this speech, which is the best speech in Star Wars, was preceded in the same episode by a speech that is also the best speech in Star Wars. Then two episodes later we get an even better speech. God drat Andor was so good

THOSE BASTARDS pops up in my head alot

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MacheteZombie posted:

You gotta admit that if you specialize in making movies about crimes then stories about the US are a natural place to look.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

whoa

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CameronisGod posted:

I don't really give a gently caress you're the people that say the bad rear end Vader scene in Rogue One was bad lol. You're the idiots. You don't know jack. Go back to jerking off to A24 trailers because you'll never have sex with a real girl, nerd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this poster teleporting from 2002

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Silence is only a few years old. Have you seen it? It rules. Scorsese rules. He's got plenty of masterpieces that aren't crime films that you can enjoy.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Silence was kind of a whiff but The Irishman ruled and on principle I will never doubt Scorsese, the greatest director of all time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

old man Scorsese rules.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Silence was kind of a whiff but The Irishman ruled

Strike that. Reverse it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'd be able to stand Silence a lot more if Garfield wasn't the lead. Adam Driver was RIGHT THERE!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Andrew Garfield can be really good in the right role but he's probably the most frequently miscast actor in hollywood

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Andrew Garfield can be really good in the right role but he's probably the most frequently miscast actor in hollywood

It's funny watching interviews him because he is incredibly charming but seems to primarily play dour characters.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

kiimo posted:

Maybe my boss did, I didn't. The teaser had 55 million views. There's nothing to compare it to on our comps for tracking this sort of poo poo. It blew away A Quiet Place 2 and that had a coordinated trailer launch. It's...unparalleled

Yeah, brother, FNAF is absurdly popular with kids.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
can you find the wolves in this picture?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also what the gently caress, Silence was fantastic even with those terrible accents.

Also a great novel.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Yes please

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Jesus christ that's a trailer

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'd be able to stand Silence a lot more if Garfield wasn't the lead. Adam Driver was RIGHT THERE!

I think there's probably some people out there that would've been better than Garfield, but I think ultimately it works because he plays earnestness/innocence so well, and watching his heart get absolutely crushed when he finds Liam Neeson worked brilliantly.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

Silence is only a few years old. Have you seen it? It rules. Scorsese rules. He's got plenty of masterpieces that aren't crime films that you can enjoy.

:thejoke:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJP44fS3RE

Of all the films to get a 25 years later sequel, I was NOT expecting to see one for The Full Monty. This will either be terrible, or brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJP44fS3RE

Of all the films to get a 25 years later sequel, I was NOT expecting to see one for The Full Monty. This will either be terrible, or brilliant.

Blocked in the US