Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's some bullshit.

Real life gore is traumatic in its pedestrian banality. It is terrible, but doesn't look like much. It's got fuckall to do with whatever wankery mortal kombat dipshits and their ilk are doing. You need zero input from real life to do that tripe. It's almost like the fuckhead entertainment producers put their staff through that for completely unrelated reasons. I'm gonna guess legitimizing their personal horrible gore browsing habits giving themselves legitimate reason to do so in plain sight at work any takers?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:59 on May 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Sniper elite x hitman set in the danger 5 universe

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Valve tried something similar when developing Left 4 Dead, but artist plain and simple didn't want to watch real-life death and suffering to make "better" textures to their zombie game. Instead they opted out to use pictures of potato skins

https://left4dead.fandom.com/wiki/Developer_Commentary_(Left_4_Dead_2)#Infected_Textures

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
I'm willing to bet that 99.9% of Mortal Kombat's player base have NOT witnessed an actual person's head exploding irl, so any attempt at a realistic head explosion is going to be lost on them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

While we talk about videogames in the meme thread, here's the 10th anniversary of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULp0pGKCS8

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jestery posted:

Sniper elite x hitman set in the danger 5 universe

Not gonna lie, I would love a Hitman game in WWII.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

laserghost posted:

Valve tried something similar when developing Left 4 Dead, but artist plain and simple didn't want to watch real-life death and suffering to make "better" textures to their zombie game. Instead they opted out to use pictures of potato skins

https://left4dead.fandom.com/wiki/Developer_Commentary_(Left_4_Dead_2)#Infected_Textures

That loving owns. Good for them.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I remember watching the das boot directors' commentary edition, and the first thing out their mouth when the boot comes out of the murk in the literal opening scene was well this shot came out looking like some literal dogshit didn't it yeah?

I love finding out there's just piles of goof behind the scenes if the real serious stuff.

Like Mick Gordon hiding subliminal reversed Christian messages in the DooM 2016 soundtrack.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Karate Bastard posted:

I remember watching the das boot directors' commentary edition, and the first thing out their mouth when the boot comes out of the murk in the literal opening scene was well this shot came out looking like some literal dogshit didn't it yeah?

I love finding out there's just piles of goof behind the scenes if the real serious stuff.

Like Mick Gordon hiding subliminal reversed Christian messages in the DooM 2016 soundtrack.

Shoulda called it Das Goof with everything going behind the scenes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Been replaying a modern classic

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1085520862444273725/1109839085255794718/rapidsave.com_-6z7h332p3ib61.mp4

Be sure to unmute for some very well done audio

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know that mod…

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Been saying this

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

works fine for me, thats something on your end

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

a bit of a different take on a classic. its very stupid which is perfect for this thread

https://twitter.com/Focke_3/status/1659909089198235648

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BarbarousBertha posted:

What is up with the canned fish?!
Where's this coming from?
My son just made me buy him sardines and anchovies.
We thought it was part of his Project Zomboid IRL thing but I don't know now. We're all just so glad he hasn't been radicalized by the far right we're like sure, son, how's the canned fish taste test going?

Here's the basic rundown:

Other tinnedfishmemes:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

bike tory posted:

Here's the basic rundown:

This is stupid. I don't know about this stuff at the end, but the Patriot Act did not create facebook, and Facebook did not cause the 08 financial collapse. The meme is about causality, not just things that happened after other things!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

This is stupid. I don't know about this stuff at the end, but the Patriot Act did not create facebook, and Facebook did not cause the 08 financial collapse. The meme is about causality, not just things that happened after other things!

What do you expect? It's probably a bunch of zoomers who just included them because they needed bad things for the little dominoes that happened before they were born.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

POV: guy setting up dominoes toward tinned fish

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
No one:

Absolutely no one:

Data Graham:

Data Graham posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tinned fish rules and should have started trending way sooner.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Y'all monsters better not be eating tuna from your tinned fish cans.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I will knuckle your mouth hole smooth

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

I was like “what the gently caress does Bitcoin have to do with Salad Days” and then it gets worse as it goes back.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sagebrush posted:

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

No soul without soularium....

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

Back in college we had a concept artist on Warhammer Online visit as a guest speaker and revealed they drew bloodied carcasses of Smurfs strung up on greenskins' concepts as a joke and in order to stay sane

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I like canned/jarred salmon but I'm in bc so I think we have to anyway

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Haha your mother-in-law is funny

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

why is it tinned fish not canned fish, even from obviously American sources is this like when psychos called the covid vaccine "the jab" even though no American has ever called a shot that ever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
my best guess is teaboos

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

projecthalaxy posted:

why is it tinned fish not canned fish, even from obviously American sources is this like when psychos called the covid vaccine "the jab" even though no American has ever called a shot that ever

In most instances (excluding cookie and gasoline, for example) can is thought of as cylindrical objects and tin for not-cylindrical.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

as an American I've only ever heard of canned tuna

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

kalel posted:

as an American I've only ever heard of canned tuna

Maybe it’s my age. What does spam come in by your lexicon? For myself it’s a tin. Not that I would correct someone who said can it just wouldn’t ever come to me to say it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i with no actual evidence juat assumed canned was american english and tinned was british english because thats just how they sound to
me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The cans used to be tinned. Now they're just pressed shut I think?