Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/sparkleredpanda/status/1660190261425610752?s=46&t=kXAZ-Qb3z8RBvF6h7SysbQ
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/2d4adc8e59c9796c284459e4481cb5c9.mp4

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Holy poo poo

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I'd rather the final World Government supervillain would have some other background than 'she used a lame loophole and everyone else went along with it because ?????????'

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The "D." stands for "Don't leave your sword laying around"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/1660275265019183111?t=HXDWg2HuqxMXGD4ULLtCFQ&s=19

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

HerraS posted:

I'd rather the final World Government supervillain would have some other background than 'she used a lame loophole and everyone else went along with it because ?????????'

”Because she can wipe out entire islands in an instant” would be the “because”, I would imagine

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess it's posible that the felders regard her as a traitor and despise her but are forced to do her bidding because a) immortal and b) walking nuclear arsenal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I guess it's posible that the felders regard her as a traitor and despise her but are forced to do her bidding because a) immortal and b) walking nuclear arsenal

I think if Imu is Lili, them regarding her as a traitor might just be her concealing her identity from even the Gorosei

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Zoro/King fight was incredible, goddamn.

Can't wait to see what they do for Law and Kidd vs. Big Mom in Kidd's final great act as a pirate before :laugh:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

HerraS posted:

One weird trick, Celestial Dragons HATE it!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gyges posted:

One weird trick, Celestial Dragons HATE it!

Lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016611

Official is out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thank god they don't have Cobra doing "As you know"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Thank god they don't have Cobra doing "As you know"

But no Godfather ref...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure the Doylist explanation for Cobra's recap is that it's been like five years since we first learned about the families and the swords and Oda figured the readers could use a refresher.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cobra no!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm pretty sure the Doylist explanation for Cobra's recap is that it's been like five years since we first learned about the families and the swords and Oda figured the readers could use a refresher.

Yeah I remembered the throne but forgot the swords so I welcomed it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nobody murdered Cobra, it was self inflicted.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

Nobody murdered Cobra, it was self inflicted.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

But no Godfather ref...

:negative:

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

none of the rulers who got to see the empty throne have ever counted the weapons

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

notwithyourheart posted:

none of the rulers who got to see the empty throne have ever counted the weapons

20 is a lot ok. I mean i bet you didnt count them either.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Knowing that there should be 19 I counted them in one of the wide shots and got 18 and figured "eh, I must have missed one" and didn't bother recounting.

What are you gonna do sit there with one eye closed pointing your finger across the room when you're in the symbolic heart of the world?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

At no point during the appearances of this room have I counted out the swords

I see a lot of swords and go "wow, 20's a lot of swords!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

rannum posted:

At no point during the appearances of this room have I counted out the swords

I see a lot of swords and go "wow, 20's a lot of swords!"

Zoro's gonna unlock a secret technique and fight Imu with all nineteen swords

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The Zoro vs King animation looks gorgeous, but the actual events going on are complete nonsense, the fight itself seems actually much worse than the manga, but yes the animation is super good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As mentioned, there’s one more sword inside Imu’s personal chamber (the room with the butterflies where we first saw them). I assume that’s another hint towards their identity

I’ll be curious if we actually follow up on this next chapter or cut away back to the Strawhats

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah sometimes simple is best
Nice and clean, another win for the manga

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

notwithyourheart posted:

From what we've seen of the general nobility of the world, probably about 5-10 rulers in the last couple centuries can count to 20 in the brief time they're in front of the throne.

Arist posted:

Zoro's gonna unlock a secret technique and fight Imu with all nineteen swords

No other swordsman can beat Im's training with 20 swords. Unfortunately for Im, Zoro will be coming at him with 22 swords.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There were crazy liberties taken during parts of the kaido fight. Things looking good is more important for the anime. The ideal experience is to read the manga first anyway

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Bisse posted:

The Zoro vs King animation looks gorgeous, but the actual events going on are complete nonsense, the fight itself seems actually much worse than the manga, but yes the animation is super good.

Not just that, but in the Manga Zoro is fighting on the edge of a floating Island with King flying off the edge. The anime makes it look like Onigashima is 500 miles long. Momo gotta be fuckin' ripped to pull something that huge.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

notwithyourheart posted:

It's been a while since Dressrosa first introduced the 20 celestial dragon families, is the Riku/Doflamingo relationship treated as a secret among the royals? I assumed all the ruling class, at least of the founding kingdoms, knew about this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

Not just that, but in the Manga Zoro is fighting on the edge of a floating Island with King flying off the edge. The anime makes it look like Onigashima is 500 miles long. Momo gotta be fuckin' ripped to pull something that huge.

To be fair, onigashima *is* like 500 miles long

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

mabels big day posted:

To be fair, onigashima *is* like 500 miles long

This would make the total surface area of Onigashima 25% larger than Japan. Onigashima is one giant building, not the canyon dimension from DBZ.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bisse posted:

yeah its fun i dont watch the anime fights for the accuracy at all, because the anime also pads dialogue with filler nonsense too.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Even the Sanji/Queen fight has that crazy good animation and stuff but you do notice that both yeah that single hallway suddenly becomes the size of an Ikea when the good animation kicks in and also at the very end for the Beouf Burst it takes like 30 seconds for the kick to actually do anything and they just go screaming back and forth to fill for time.

Also they committed a cardinal sin by giving this part good animation and not King's strongest attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfq5f67wP9c

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

This would make the total surface area of Onigashima 25% larger than Japan. Onigashima is one giant building, not the canyon dimension from DBZ.

Ok its more like 50 miles but thats basically the same as 500 miles

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I dunno Onigushima seems fairly sized for a palace that's meant to house hundreds of pirates, many of which are also like 5 times bigger than a normal human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I think we can accept this small contrivance in a series where the main characters usually arrive at a significant time for every island they visit entirely by coincidence