Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I finished the series last night. For the most part it's pretty good and really funny, though every now and then you get a joke where the author has a definite Opinion and you just have to move on to the next page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://mangadex.org/title/55ace2fb-e157-4d76-9e72-67c6bd762a39/maou-no-ore-ga-dorei-elf-wo-yome-ni-shitanda-ga-dou-medereba-ii

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nemo2342 posted:

I finished the series last night. For the most part it's pretty good and really funny, though every now and then you get a joke where the author has a definite Opinion and you just have to move on to the next page.

This is an accurate assessment. I read it awhile ago

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
minecraft isekai :nws:

guy gets isekai'd with minecraft powers, baffles and annoys the locals with how easily he trivializes their former struggles for survival, while also creeping them out with his weird minecraft guy movement

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Next Door Kuroki-san Is Dangerous When She Drinks

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

guy gets isekai'd with minecraft powers, baffles and annoys the locals with how easily he trivializes their former struggles for survival, while also creeping them out with his weird minecraft guy movement

The elf girls reaction completely sold me on this one.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

doomrider7 posted:

The elf girls reaction completely sold me on this one.

The cyclops wizard girl spends the entire manga going "THIS IS NOT HOW ANYTHING WORKS" and it's fantastic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the little "?" from the stag beetle here is hilarious to me

https://mangadex.org/title/6cc0f7c2-0db6-432b-8189-fcedbcdda888/hitomi-chan-wa-hitomishiri

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Captain Invictus posted:

Keep in mind with this series is that there is explicit (not just alluded) rape drawn in at least one chapter.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Are we doing this again

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

A gift from the engineer Isekai of all the distorted faces the MC does.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
The hamster hiding in there sells it.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

EVIL Gibson posted:

A gift from the engineer Isekai of all the distorted faces the MC does.

Now I need a link to this.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Keep in mind with this series is that there is explicit (not just alluded) rape drawn in at least one chapter.

Aaaaand there goes my enthusiasm to read this.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

doomrider7 posted:

Now I need a link to this.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-greatest-estate-developer/list?title_no=3596&page=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nitrousoxide posted:

there's one short cutaway to a cartoonishly evil pope character doing whatever he wants to some beastmen slaves while casually ordering the genocide of the rest of the beastmen(as fantasy popes are wont to do) iirc, but that's the only one. they absolutely could've done without it and still gotten the message across that He Is A Bad Guy, but I'm not going to expect isekai authors to make the best decisions or be particularly subtle with their messaging.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Ok this is fun, I love the protagonist.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

verbal enema posted:

Are we doing this again

I think it's a good idea to give a trigger warning for scenes of sexual violence, especially as I think most people wouldn't expect that based on the description.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

x

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Don't forget to praise her.

(A thoroughly mysterious bonus chapter, I guess the magicians in that manga just like to go to a hobby convention and ... sell comprehensive biographies of not particularly notable humans?)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Maid Skater:skateboard:

quote:

Benihana is a young woman who always wanted to become a maid. Their perfectly pressed uniforms, their brilliant coiffed hair, their catlike dexterity when shredding on a skateboard, their tendency to smile no matter what chores they do…

Beg pardon? “Maids don’t skateboard?” Au contraire, a maid’s entire worth is in their shredding capabilities. All the greatest maids know how to skate - Mary Poppins, Mrs. Doubtfire, Amelia Bedelia, Tony Hawk… and now that Hana has finally become a maid, it’s time for her to follow in their footsteps!

A new serialization based on the author Suzushiro’s drawings of maids on skateboards!

Warning: These maids are professionals - do not try their stunts at home. Always wear a helmet over your maid’s bonnet.

I need more Zatto with glasses please.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

[x]

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

(skipping some pages)

x
honestly, this manga is mid, but:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

(skipping some pages)

x
honestly, this manga is mid, but:

Would have been a funnier gag if the couple had bonded over how bad the singing was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite thing about shinozaki-kun is that it's about a guy who is inducted into the world of magic and meets a great number of very attractive magic weirdos.... and they aren't really interested in him. he's just some guy, you know? he strikes up rather normal friendships with his fellow human bags of holding, and that's about it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

It really helps that his enchantment isn't unique to him. Also that magic is just normal everyday stuff to the magic folks so they can be (mostly) chill.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

GloomMouse posted:

It really helps that his enchantment isn't unique to him. Also that magic is just normal everyday stuff to the magic folks so they can be (mostly) chill.

Magic is real but you have to pay tax on it :smith:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Nebrilos posted:

Would have been a funnier gag if the couple had bonded over how bad the singing was.

I feel like it's a manga that post consistently gets within a radius of a really good gag, but then just settles for an okay one. I like the premise a lot, but it doesn't live up to it very often.

GloomMouse posted:

His enchantment isn't unique, but it's busted in a way that people don't really understand, but not so busted that it's hurting anybody. So they just patiently help like it's a tech help forum. It's very good.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my favorite thing about shinozaki-kun is that it's about a guy who is inducted into the world of magic and meets a great number of very attractive magic weirdos.... and they aren't really interested in him. he's just some guy, you know? he strikes up rather normal friendships with his fellow human bags of holding, and that's about it.

Frankly, he's not very interested in them either. I've had a theory for a while now that his general lack of curiosity about the magical world is caused by not main character syndrome but by total disappointment in the whimsical bullshit he has to put up with. Guy was probably hoping for something like Neverwhere or American Gods, ended up in Tomato Pasta Dragon land.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

[x]

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
"Heh heh yes!"

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
dungeon meshi

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
:kamina:

X

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

his neckguard really bothers me, it looks like he could very easily cut his chin on it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it has a very specific purpose that comes up later.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Yeah but he could like round the little corners a bit or something dang

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
iirc he had that neckguard modified to remove the bit at the mouth, because of Reasons, and the fact he didn't think of saying "also round the corners a bit so that I don't risk poking myself in the cheeks whenever I crouch" while he was at it is an excellent example of Laios as a character, who is a very peculiar combination of a highly capable fighter/party leader and the stupidest motherfucker to have ever lived.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kindergarten Wars

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

thetoughestbean posted:

Kindergarten Wars

:yiikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

She thought one of the guys trying to assassinate a kid was hot and almost let him go until he said he skipped movie credits and she immediately shot him in the head, she’s great.

The whole premise is a kindergarten for high profile targets being guarded by former inmates, but she’s just interested in finding a hot guy