Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When we getting back to Egghead :jiggled:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

When we getting back to Egghead :jiggled:

Immediately next chapter

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
so Sabo is explaining how Cobra died*, and at the same time
-the main gang is trying to find Vegapunk so they can leave, since the cloned lunarians are attacking
-York is explaining herself to Vegapunk
-A fuckton of navy officials are about to hit Egghead
-Garp vs Aokiji
-Bonney is inside Kuma's memories
-Kuma is going somewhere
-I think Whitebeard's "son" is fightin Marco in the village?
There's so much going on lmao, these two weeks are gonna be painful

*"and then Imu sat on the chair after Cobra had asked about the D. and"
"Sabo how the gently caress did you hear and see all this without being detected?"
"well, it was safe to assume that's what they said"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MorningMoon posted:

-I think Whitebeard's "son" is fightin Marco in the village?

No, Weevil was defending the village from corrupt marines, then got grabbed by Ryukugyu. Marco returned and ran into weevils mom, who stussy was clonned from, who wants to find vegapunk to prove to Marco that he really is whitebeards son

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Kizaru is coming to Egghead right? Seems like a good opportunity for the Straw Hats to get redemption against the Kizaru/Kuma duo.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kizaru and Jerry Garcia Saturn yeah

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kild posted:

Dofy only alive and a warlord bc he counted the swords as a kid

lmao the mental image of this is very funny to me

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

No Wave posted:

Except kaido. he's just an rear end in a top hat.

kaido had a tragic backstory. he was Too Strong (much like big mom) such that his country basically impressed him first into their military and then just flat out sold him to the WG. his entire life was as a weapon of war even up until and through rocks enlisting him, then Something Bad happened at gods valley that made him conclude only violence is where things are fair.

when we ultimately learn about Gods Valley i think a lot of other things in kaido's behavior will make sense. he was raucous before that but he seems to become way more fatalistic after it, which is also when he meets up with the korozumi granny who encourages his descent into warlordism.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's funny that out of everyone in the story, Luffy has the least sad backstory. Hell until after Marineford he didn't even have a tragic backstory, opting for the child in a martial arts world build instead. Then it turned out Saba wasn't even dead, so he's still down below Usopp.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
You could make a pretty solid argument that Marineford was his tragic backstory since it happened right before the time skip.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

its kinda funny how framing can be used in such varied ways. if oda wanted to "luffy is functionally an orphan and was abandoned to live in the wilderness with thieves" could indeed be a tragic rear end backstory. but because luffy himself doesn't really care about that part it's genuinely no big deal at all lol

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

its kinda funny how framing can be used in such varied ways. if oda wanted to "luffy is functionally an orphan and was abandoned to live in the wilderness with thieves" could indeed be a tragic rear end backstory. but because luffy himself doesn't really care about that part it's genuinely no big deal at all lol

from Luffy's pov he thinks it's completely normal for that to have happened. his grandpa dropped him off and said you'll be fine. Luffy shrugs and went along with it

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It looks like the anime has just concluded the Zoro vs King fight. Any idea when the anime will be covering the part of the Luffy vs Kaido fight where Kaido goes into his "love drunk" phase, then? I feel like it should be coming up soon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think that's after Big Mom bites it

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Does Luffy know how to read? For that matter, does Garp?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Aurubin posted:

he knows enough to read bounty posters but that's not exactly saying much

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i demand an intermission arc where dadan is struggling to corral luffy to teach him how to read

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i assume his entire education took place before he met shanks. immediately afterward, he got foisted off on dadan and lived semi-feral in the woods until he set out to sea.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He’s reading here I think

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Luffy doesn't read because he might open the book to the wrong page and find out what's going to happen before he gets to that part. Plus he doesn't have much time since 65% of his day is taken up by goofing off or having his own adventures.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

It looks like the anime has just concluded the Zoro vs King fight. Any idea when the anime will be covering the part of the Luffy vs Kaido fight where Kaido goes into his "love drunk" phase, then? I feel like it should be coming up soon.

Should start the week after next. We are basically at the very start of Volume 103, so next episode should involve CP-0 and a bit of everything, then June starts with the drunk fight, three weeks of Craptain Mid and D. Flaw beating Big Mom, two more weeks of all the stuff going around the island while Luffy and Kaido fight, Luffy 'loses' due to interference, and if all goes well August debuts Gear 5.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i saw that apparently they've gotten disney animators involved in some of these upcoming episodes, it really seems like they're going to go All Out for Gear 5

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hatty posted:

He’s reading here I think

You don't know that that paper doesn't have pictures

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
James Baxter Gear 5 :eyepop:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

he knows enough to read bounty posters but that's not exactly saying much
Well, he knows enough to misread bounty posters.

I love that gag where he asks what he did wrong to not get a higher bounty, when doing things "wrong" is exactly how he's supposed to get a bounty increase. He totally internalized the higher bounty = cooler person mindset, which is pretty fair considering the state of the world.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Luffy read a choose your own adventure book and got pissed off about it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Aurubin posted:

I was asking about this before and the answer was: Hes never shown to read but he knows how to write, so hes got to be able to read

The picture says "Nami"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can totally buy that he had a relatively sane education in Windmill Village up to age 7. So he knows how to write, he can read simple text but kanjis are a problem so the newspaper is too much effort.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He can read and write more Japanese than I can, so...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

There's filler where he was about to read a book because he was so bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHeKeumcHA

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Usopp is disgusted

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Someone tell Oda to draw Garp being overwhelmed by paperwork

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
garp definitely doesn't do paperwork.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Aurubin posted:

Someone tell Oda to draw Garp being overwhelmed by paperwork

Who do you think got Sengoku that goat?

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Gyges posted:

Who do you think got Sengoku that goat?

The goat valley incident…

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Man, I love the style/feel of the older anime episodes so much.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Bisse posted:

I especially like the old style anime opening they made for Sogeking back in Water 7:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PhXNmMLdivk

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bisse posted:

yeah i think skypeia to thriller bark was the most consistent run for the anime

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

do they still use like ave maria and from the new world for stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

anime was right posted:

yeah i think skypeia to thriller bark was the most consistent run for the anime
Thriller Bark was actually when I dropped the anime for adding still frames and extended sound effects (running, gasping) dragging every action out so long. But that might not have been much worse than things had been, I just read the whole manga while the anime was still in Water 7 so Thriller Bark was the first full arc I had read before I watched it. It's such a bad experience.