Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Is there a use case for a tumbleweed shield

I also made a roomba shield and couldn’t tell if it did anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mega64 posted:

It's still pitch black on my 4k TV and my OLED Switch, besides the gloom and the occasional landmark.

Lighting up the Depths is weirdly fun.

This is the most time I've spent on a "big" game in handheld mode in ages. My trusty OG Switch is fine, but it's the first time I've really thought the oled model might be nice to have.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Augus posted:

Found all the dragon's tears
jfc this version of Zelda just can't catch a drat break :smith:

Yeah I just got them last night and (MASSIVE spoilers) what the hell man, gently caress Snake Zelda's the one who had a hard life. Spent her whole childhood being berated as a failure by her dad, loses to Calamity Ganon and has to spend 100 years sealing him before Link can wake back up, finally looks like she might be able to live a normal and happy life except lol gently caress you Ganondorf shows up and Zelda ends up flung into the past, has to fight a war she knows is doomed and watch all her new friends and loved ones sacrifice themselves, then has to turn herself into a dragon and hang around for god knows how many thousands of years to regenerate the Master Sword for link.

If this game does not end on Zelda regaining her humanity and an unambiguously good ending for her then I'm gonna be pretty pissed. She's earned some peace and quite a million times over.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Sydin posted:

Yeah I just got them last night and (MASSIVE spoilers) what the hell man, gently caress Snake Zelda's the one who had a hard life. Spent her whole childhood being berated as a failure by her dad, loses to Calamity Ganon and has to spend 100 years sealing him before Link can wake back up, finally looks like she might be able to live a normal and happy life except lol gently caress you Ganondorf shows up and Zelda ends up flung into the past, has to fight a war she knows is doomed and watch all her new friends and loved ones sacrifice themselves, then has to turn herself into a dragon and hang around for god knows how many thousands of years to regenerate the Master Sword for link.

If this game does not end on Zelda regaining her humanity and an unambiguously good ending for her then I'm gonna be pretty pissed. She's earned some peace and quite a million times over.

This game should have let me use rewind on her tears to get back to her

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
honestly sometimes its kind of funny coming into a shrine and accidentally having the stuff to cheese it

"Here's a shrine where you need to construct a makeshift cart to go across rail tracks!" "wait, what do you mean you have a minecart on a shield where did you get that from"

"Here's a shrine where you need to figure out how to get across slightly large gaps without having enough to build a bridge and oh you just. had a wing shield. okay"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sydin posted:

Pretty sure being an immortal chill dragon is the ideal ending for anyone really.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AoC is the Zelda story you want

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

John Wick of Dogs posted:

All the glitches in this game work in the players favor. There are just new ones being discovered all the time and none of them game breaking or detrimental, just nice little treats for players who don't want to farm something or want to get around a little faster.

I don’t think I’d even get enough Star Fragments just naturally playing the game to even fully upgrade one Amiibo armor so the dupe glitch is a godsend.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i give up chasing star fragments half the time because they look really close until i get high enough to get where i think it is and its like half the map away still

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Steve Yun posted:

What gets the most air

Bomb barrel shield, bombfruit shield, rocket shield

Probably rocket by far but I need to go find a bomb barrel and see if it just kills me

Sydin posted:

the tears were a gutpunch that made me go beeline to kick ganondorf's rear end with just My Pal Tulin, but it is still a Nintendo Mainline Zelda game with all that implies

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ROFL Octopus posted:

I don’t think I’d even get enough Star Fragments just naturally playing the game to even fully upgrade one Amiibo armor so the dupe glitch is a godsend.

anyone who upgrades 100% of the amiibo armor when most of them have the exact same armor and set bonus is Rewarded in the same way getting all koroks is, aka "Nintendo laughs in your face"

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

i give up chasing star fragments half the time because they look really close until i get high enough to get where i think it is and its like half the map away still

zoom in and mark it on the map, then teleport to the nearest location

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sydin posted:

It will be a cold day in hell before I'm convinced that a Zelda game won't have Link saving the princess in the end. TP even had Zelda literally die for real right in front of you and then she just came back for the final battle without any explanation

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Blaziken386 posted:

honestly sometimes its kind of funny coming into a shrine and accidentally having the stuff to cheese it

"Here's a shrine where you need to construct a makeshift cart to go across rail tracks!" "wait, what do you mean you have a minecart on a shield where did you get that from"

"Here's a shrine where you need to figure out how to get across slightly large gaps without having enough to build a bridge and oh you just. had a wing shield. okay"
My favorite moment was when I pulled that poo poo and the shrine cheesed me right back for it, in the shrine where you need to make makeshift carts.

"Okay, go ahead and make a makeshift cart, and... oh, no, you're just shield-grinding on them? Okay, smartass -- last set of tracks goes up and also you need to switch to a different set of tracks juuuuuust out of Ultrahand range, now get back there and build"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Steve Yun posted:

What gets the most air

Rocket by far

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

anyone who upgrades 100% of the amiibo armor when most of them have the exact same armor and set bonus is Rewarded in the same way getting all koroks is, aka "Nintendo laughs in your face"

I just want to look like oot link

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steve Yun posted:

What gets the most air

Rocket, next best is spring(without shield). Those are my go-to methods for quickly gaining a little height.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

CaptainJuan posted:

I might be very stupid. Messages from an ancient era side adventure: I can't find the one from the island floating above hateno bay. It looks like there's a hole in the middle like the other ones where the column & base have fallen out, but it's not on the ground below or anywhere nearby I can find. Is it on loving eventide island or something?

It's not on Eventide. I finished that quest a few days ago, and only went to Eventide for the first time yesterday. Any that have fallen are either directly below it, or have fallen directly below it into the deep. I don't remember where that specific one was, but jump through the hole, and keep diving, don't float down, that'll blow you off course.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

hatty posted:

Rocket by far

Checked and surprisingly bomb shield and bomb-barrel shield are the same height, octorock balloon shield is also around the same

rocket I hit the roof of the shrine I was testing it in before the rocket ran out lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Augus posted:

It will be a cold day in hell before I'm convinced that a Zelda game won't have Link saving the princess in the end. TP even had Zelda literally die for real right in front of you and then she just came back for the final battle without any explanation

This won't be the game but at some point they really mix it up, and they can't go dark... so come on, just sleep/kill Link and have Zelda save the day and bring the happy ending. Make another Lorule if they have to, Sherule Kingdome where the Swordswoman of Destiny does the adventures.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

What gets the most air

two springs attached to each other gets you SLIIIIGHTLY more than a rocket shield iirc, and if you do that you can then use the rocket shield in the air for horizontal movement

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A Zelda game where you play as Zelda because Ganondorf figured it would be far easier to just kidnap Link while he just has 3 hearts and a stick instead of the other way around.

I legit really like the Zelda in these games, the voice actress is really good along with Zelda actually having a personality and getting excited and nerdy over things.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 24, 2023

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

AoC is the Zelda story you want

AoC Kohga also rules

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't think Nintendo is quite over their old school chauvinism enough to make a playable Zelda yet.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Zelda replacement mod for BotW was at least extremely good and I imagine a lot of it will be able to get ported over 1:1 directly to TotK.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Personally i was hoping that the tear segments, instead of just straight out cutscenes, were like. TTYD Peach style segments.

in unrelated news: i've gotten all but one of the sky momument pictures and i have scoured the map for the last to no avail. Is it hidden behind faron cloud, or what?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CaptainJuan posted:

I might be very stupid. Messages from an ancient era side adventure: I can't find the one from the island floating above hateno bay. It looks like there's a hole in the middle like the other ones where the column & base have fallen out, but it's not on the ground below or anywhere nearby I can find. Is it on loving eventide island or something?

I assumed there was some trick to it but in the end I just had to fly really far to get there. It’s the hardest one to reach imo.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

AoC Kohga also rules

Top Banana all years.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Blaziken386 posted:

bombs will activate target things, so don't want to do the physics puzzle with the ball? just shoot a bomb and walk on through.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Got all 3 pieces for the Ocarina of Time armor, it looks dope. What can I say? I dig the old look.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I just want to look like oot link

You can find all 3 pieces in the depths.

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 24, 2023

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I don't think Nintendo is quite over their old school chauvinism enough to make a playable Zelda yet.

You know how it took them like 30 years after getting burned on the live-action Super Mario Bros movie before they were willing to try again with Illumination?

They still feel burned from those Philips CD-i games where you played as Zelda

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I feel like the main point of the Mario Movie was the studio going "hey! look! Listen! Women's is characters too"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Blaziken386 posted:

Personally i was hoping that the tear segments, instead of just straight out cutscenes, were like. TTYD Peach style segments.

Yeah, I was really hoping for something more interactive like that. Maybe each scene ending with you flushing the next plot-relevant doodad into the chronojohn to help Link out.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Honestly CD-i Zelda was a baller too. Shows no sympathy when she kills bosses, nearly pulls her sword on a duke that betrayed her father to Ganon. Also I can't be unconvinced that Zelda's Adventure is part of the BOTW/TOTK timeline. Tolemac has shrines and that's all the proof I need :colbert:

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 24, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
she also has this charming smile and attitude that makes her wya more likeable than other zeldii

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MiracleFlare posted:

Honestly CD-i Zelda was a baller too. Shows no sympathy when she kills bosses, nearly pulls her sword on a duke that betrayed her father to Ganon. Also I can't be unconvinced that Zelda's Adventure isn't part of the BOTW/TOTK timeline. Tolemac has shrines and that's all the proof I need :colbert:

"YOOOOOOU KIIIIIIIIIILED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"
"Good."

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

you know, it would be really funny if, instead of how it worked in botw, where completing each divine beast weakened ganon, doing all the temples and such in this game made ganon stronger because whoops link you gave him enough time to actually rehydrate

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Is there someone to talk to that gives a quest for the sage helmets like the lizard lakes at death mountain? I haven't run across anything that seems to be it but I also spend most of my time flying over everyone's heads

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

you know, it would be really funny if, instead of how it worked in botw, where completing each divine beast weakened ganon, doing all the temples and such in this game made ganon stronger because whoops link you gave him enough time to actually rehydrate

it wouldn't be funny, it should just, if nothing else, be a common option for videogame bosses. i know some people enjoy the power fantasy of being bored doing trivial combat at the end of a game, but that's when I'm strongest, best at the game, and most equipped for actual challenges. Or at least have a hard-mode optional rematch or harder secret fight somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Is there anyway to get to the Light Dragon from the sky? I’m aware that there’s a quest that lowers it to a reasonable height but gently caress that I want a challenge. I’m thinking a fan plane with a control stick could do the trick but where could I get that high

I’m also loling at 60 hours in and I’ve only just completed two temples and barely touched the depths. Masterpiece