Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Even Streitwagen is afraid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fuDRDNYZ4

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
New information on the 12th of June, huh? I wonder if it's a Season 2 of DLC.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Was Diego not already in the game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sockser posted:

Was Diego not already in the game?

This is the alternate Diego from the final battle that has The World

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Which was, by the way: cool

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I sat right up and was like "OH poo poo" irl when alternate Diego showed up for the first time rocking The World

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/StickerTricker/status/1664116124697477121?s=20

Excuse me?!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I mean if you're gonna adapt a part into a musical it'd be that one

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Will it have the perfect stratagem of attack and defense?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I seriously can't loving wait. No matter how it turns out it's gonna be awesome

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think Speedwagon will get his own song?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I could see that.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hahah what in the hell; ok, I'm game

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i am sorry to have to say this

but if the musical does not open with TOMMY singing SONO CHI NO SADAME every night

it is poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh boy, I can't wait to hear tons from Erina and Jonathan's mom!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think Speedwagon will get his own song?

His whole intro better be its own song and dance number!

Pictured: Jonathan and his stagecoach driver encounter Speedwagon and his backup dancers, Tattoo and the Oriental

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Phantom Blood of all parts would lend itself well to a musical.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/JJBAmanga/status/1664070505937371137?s=20

Happy Pride

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

release the movie you cowards

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE2xG196aTQ

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Stage actors gonna need some legit training to pass Baron Zeppeli's wineglass test every single night.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Where do i audition to be the frog that gets punched?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How big is the horse that Jack the Ripper jumps out of gonna be?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1667260638844932119

:thunk:

Made in Heaven's time acceleration isn't really an attack, i don't think GER could reverse it or set it to zero, unless Pucci attacked him directly

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Strictly speaking, Diavolo skipping time wasn't really an attack either, but he got set back before he did it rather than just having his blood put back into his arm.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1667260638844932119

:thunk:

Made in Heaven's time acceleration isn't really an attack, i don't think GER could reverse it or set it to zero, unless Pucci attacked him directly

Wasn't GER immune to MiH in one of the fighting games?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Giorno clears, sends Pucci to actual Christian Heavan where the lemony fresh spirits of Bruno, Narancia and Abbachio jump him for eternity. Mista joins sometimes and he aint even dead

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Strictly speaking, Diavolo skipping time wasn't really an attack either, but he got set back before he did it rather than just having his blood put back into his arm.
Diavolo was moving to harm Giorno directly though, thus activating GER.
But if MiH doesn't directly attack Giorno, he can achieve his universe reset and succeed in his plan.

GER is a pretty weak stand once you know what it does, if you can "just" ignore Giorno forever then the effect doesn't trigger.

I wonder, if some time delayed third-order effect, like Wonder of U, or Dragon's Dream with its farfetched chain of events that rely on Feng Shui flow and isn't actually caused by the stand itself, would trigger GER? Like if Giorno faced Dragon's Dogma, the opponent does some crazy dance steps but doesn't attack, and 30s later through a completely unrelated chain of events Giorno falls into an electrical chair, would GER be able to react to that?

What happens if Giorno is just strolling down the street one peaceful day and just randomly falls into a manhole, would GER revert it and save him?

Bisse fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 11, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't believe Like A Dragon 8 is Jojolands

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bisse posted:

But if MiH doesn't directly attack Giorno, he can achieve his universe reset and succeed in his plan.

GER is a pretty weak stand once you know what it does, if you can "just" ignore Giorno forever then the effect doesn't trigger.

I wonder, if some time delayed third-order effect, like Wonder of U, or Dragon's Dream with its farfetched chain of events that rely on Feng Shui flow and isn't actually caused by the stand itself, would trigger GER? Like if Giorno faced Dragon's Dogma, the opponent does some crazy dance steps but doesn't attack, and 30s later through a completely unrelated chain of events Giorno falls into an electrical chair, would GER be able to react to that?

What happens if Giorno is just strolling down the street one peaceful day and just randomly falls into a manhole, would GER revert it and save him?

It's still like a top tier punchy Stand, he flicks a pebble at Diavolo like a bullet and then flat out kills him with a punch rush. Even if no one attacked him GER could just go Star Platinum on people real hard

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bisse posted:

I meant that time skipping, in and of itself, is not an action against Giorno. Diavolo does move to attack Giorno, but that's after he's already skipped time. GER undoes the attack and the time skip as well as opposed to just undoing the hostile actions towards Giorno and leaving Diavolo time skipped in the same spot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bisse posted:

GER moved to defend Giorno in skipped time because nobody but Diavolo, King Crimson and Epitaph can function within it. If chaos erupts around him that he can't react to in time, I have to imagine that his stand will act on its own again to defend him, just as multiple others have done throughout the series; Star Platinum catching that bullet Jotaro shot at himself, Stone Free sewing a message into Jolene's arm after Miu Miu erased almost all of her notes, Weather Report keeping Wes from committing suicide no matter how he tried in the past, Tusk Act 4 approaching Other World Diego in stopped time, etc.

If Giorno were to fall into a manhole, I imagine one of them would notice and try to catch themselves as they did so.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uhXgxBE1c

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If the part 8 rep is Joshu again I’m going to kill myself

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If the part 8 rep is Joshu again I’m going to kill myself

:same:

I hope it's a revamped Gappy, though I will also accept Yasuho and/or Kira.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Most likely tier

Part 4: Yuya
Part 5: Secco
Part 8: Joshu

Maybe tier

Part 4: Terunosuke
Part 5: Abbacchio
Part 8: Damo

Lol lmao tier

Part 4: Mikitaka
Part 5: Melone
Part 8: Tooru

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Give me Rai

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

RareAcumen posted:

GER moved to defend Giorno in skipped time because nobody but Diavolo, King Crimson and Epitaph can function within it. If chaos erupts around him that he can't react to in time, I have to imagine that his stand will act on its own again to defend him, just as multiple others have done throughout the series; Star Platinum catching that bullet Jotaro shot at himself, Stone Free sewing a message into Jolene's arm after Miu Miu erased almost all of her notes, Weather Report keeping Wes from committing suicide no matter how he tried in the past, Tusk Act 4 approaching Other World Diego in stopped time, etc.

If Giorno were to fall into a manhole, I imagine one of them would notice and try to catch themselves as they did so.

But that would only happen if Giorno had GER active at the time and by the time he would notice something strange going on, it might be too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

But that would only happen if Giorno had GER active at the time and by the time he would notice something strange going on, it might be too late.

GER and Requiem stands in general are so weird that I don't really have an answer to how it would act. You could answer however you want and I'd believe you, truth be told.