Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Drashin posted:

I think my favorite 'joke theory' that might actually come true is that the Apocalypse takes place at the japanese premier of The Phantom Menance since the time lines kind of line up since the end is supposed to occur in July 1999 and that is when Episode 1 debuted in japan.

With this author that has like a 75% chance of being what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Drashin posted:

I think my favorite 'joke theory' that might actually come true is that the Apocalypse takes place at the japanese premier of The Phantom Menance since the time lines kind of line up since the end is supposed to occur in July 1999 and that is when Episode 1 debuted in japan.

:thunk:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Drashin posted:

This is what Makima was trying to prevent

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/angusbeef30/status/1663741982978740229?s=46&t=RyGdzSVwXBPBPUdi0E6F4g

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I NEED to see more of Nayuta at school and I DOUBLE NEED to see Denji attend a parent-teacher conference

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Don't teachers in Japan perform home visits as well? I NEED that like last week.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

NowonSA posted:

All four horsemen serving as parts of a larger whole that all their defining traits/natures fit into would be fun. Kind of similar in context to how the seven deadly sins all fit into that "sin" category, I'd be interested in what "category" the horsemen would fit into the in the Chainsaw man universe aside from just "is a horseman."

Not having 'a word' for the horsemen category can just be because the chainsaw devil ate it. I love this universe.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Drashin posted:

Given the last arc of Fire Punch, this is extremely plausible

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

I looked, and behold, a green horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Jar Jar Binks was following with him.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Warden posted:

So, let's see if I got this right:

War can turn things that she believes belong to her into her weapons, Control can control people who she believes to be beneath her, and Famine can control starving people?

Fami also seems to be able to supercharge the powers of devils she touches.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
CSM carrying on with the healthiest nihilism: "Yeah, life is horrible, painful, and brief, but I really like when the teacher calls on me and then I come home and we're having pizza for dinner."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do Japanese schools do pizza parties? That was always the coolest poo poo going through school.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/Chainsawctopus_/status/1665038875956264968

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i thought the twist that fami is actually trying to prevent the major apocalypse thing was kinda neat. i genuinely didn't think that was the case

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

tbp posted:

i thought the twist that fami is actually trying to prevent the major apocalypse thing was kinda neat. i genuinely didn't think that was the case

I had the hint from the beginning that she's, for lack of more elaborate description, Reverse Makima. I didn't feel like she'd casually chat with someone in a cafe about the end of the world if she was behind it instead of against it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

theres something kinda weird about the fact that the first devil of the end times was summoned by someone trying to stop it. itd be funny if fami keeps summoning meaner and meaner devils to toughen asa up and one of them ends up being the one that causes the apocalypse

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

cuntman.net posted:

theres something kinda weird about the fact that the first devil of the end times was summoned by someone trying to stop it. itd be funny if fami keeps summoning meaner and meaner devils to toughen asa up and one of them ends up being the one that causes the apocalypse

this is chainsawman, i would say that is a plausible scenario

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SpiritOfLenin posted:

this is chainsawman, i would say that is a plausible scenario

Devils are… kinda dumb. Even when they’re honestly trying to help. Except Power, of course.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

There are no smart characters in this manga besides Kobeni

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Happy pride month im just going to post this again because it makes me laugh

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Okay one more

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Power is a trans icon because she was born a devil and became a girl

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

Violence immediately peacing out when his strongest attack didn't do anything to Reze was pretty smart.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Stairmaster posted:

By definition, Cosmo is very smart

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Violence immediately peacing out when his strongest attack didn't do anything to Reze was pretty smart.

Madoka quit. Smartest Public Safety agent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Happy Landfill posted:

Okay one more

I thought she was going to say something like why would I be haemophobic I love blood, it’s my thing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

She's too much of a hater to miss the opportunity.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Eimi posted:

She's too much of a hater to miss the opportunity.

"whatever anyone wants I want the opposite because gently caress them I'm great and they're not. except for meowy" is what I assume to be Power's philosphy in about as many words

"Oh, that's your car Actually gently caress you it's my car wa haha"

It's honestly kind of inspiring.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 5, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/angy_malanyi/status/1666915960165478402?s=20

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this is older but i don't think i ever saw it posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcaxbezSj00

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016627

the hell is going on

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ayo

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

yoshidabros we are so loving back

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

but what about Meowy :ohdear:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*looks at the background*

I'm sorry, WHAT is your organization called?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

no tonguing necessary

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Denji's negotiation skills need some work

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Happy Pride!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Supremezero posted:

*looks at the background*

I'm sorry, WHAT is your organization called?

I think that's supposed to be a banner from the variety show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
methinks there's another part of this prophecy that we're missing

I can't tell if Denji fell on his own or was pushed.

creepy hand out of darkness isn't sketch, nope no siree