Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
watching a gigantic virtual tv and recording immersive 3d video of my pets sounds like it could be fun if the Apple Vision Face is comfortable

but on the other hand a cheap wireless projector is like 50 bucks, and i can already record videos of my pets with my ancient cell phone

the success of this thing is totally down to the software available for it, and shipping it without some "standard" game controller means it won't be very good for games (also apple is historically dogshit at supporting game developers)

i bet a lot of people will buy it, but even as an occasional purchaser of expensive gadgets i'm not sold yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Shaggar posted:

does it have stereo cameras for vr recording?

yes and they make you look a bit like a spider

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

does it have stereo cameras for vr recording?

shag bus in the making

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

shagg.her

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i 'ardly

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

shag bus in the making

dead in the water. Shaggar's performers are going to be required to be all micro and soft

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
correction: mister zuckerberg did NOT poo poo himself into unconsciousness during a jiujitsu bout, he only SEEMED to be making GBS threads himself into unconsciousness

i hope this clarifies and corrects the matter

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1665732175369580544

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tech bubble 5.4: mark zuckerberg's effortful grunting

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
zuck should have mastered ti kwan leap instead

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

qirex posted:

I Will Not Wear the Face Computer

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dehumanise Yourself and Face To Computer

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

FMguru posted:

correction: mister zuckerberg did NOT poo poo himself into unconsciousness during a jiujitsu bout, he only SEEMED to be making GBS threads himself into unconsciousness

i hope this clarifies and corrects the matter

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1665732175369580544

I feel like this is more embarassing than just saying "Yeah I got knocked out, guess I gotta work on my jiujitsu some more."

Like, people lose matches all the time. Its a thing. Just own it.

Edit : Even if its true you gotta realize how it sounds. Just say you lost .

ryde fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 5, 2023

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

strong "my mom says I'm cool" energy from big [lil] zuck there

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ryde posted:

I feel like this is more embarassing than just saying "Yeah I got knocked out, guess I gotta work on my jiujitsu some more."

Like, people lose matches all the time. Its a thing. Just own it.

Edit : Even if its true you gotta realize how it sounds. Just say you lost .

i would have paid my trainer a million dollars to simply not comment to the new york times on the question of whether or not another tech worker made me poop my gi

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you are going to hear a lot of things from a lot of people about the did i poop myself situation that came up over the weekend. the way id like you to handle it is to not comment. thank you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

that's neat, maybe in a decade it will look less dorky and i'll get one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

zuck should have mastered ti kwan leap instead

“mark zuckerberg” is not that far from “ed gruberman”

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my client mark here was straining real hard, making noises that sounded, in the heat of the moment, like an old man what passed out in his laz-e-boy chair, and the judge, based on the smell of poopies and the snoring, assumed that he shitted himself and passed out. however, i would like to clarify that he did not pass out.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
ski goggles are already socially acceptable six months of the year in my neck of the woods; put my face in the computer, timb.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

that's neat, maybe in a decade it will look less dorky and i'll get one

once they're just like, slightly large glasses, maybe i'll consider it

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Countdown to first death or serious injury due to Apple Computer Hat?

How long until somebody wears one until it fuses to their face?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
im the effortful grunting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ol mark was squealin alright, squealin for momma, he was in such a sorry state that the ref called the match due to his unbelievable patheticness of his situation, and plaintive but manly groans, however, in the interest of protecting his dignity, i would like to make it known that the fella who maintained the react frontend for greyball did not choke him out like a bitch. he was conscious the entire time he was getting his rear end beat up on, and his husky shrieks confirm that fact.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Failson posted:

How long until somebody wears one until it fuses to their face?

dammit I knew I'd seen those goggles somewhere before

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

even if you're not worried about the societal impacts of the apple one, consider the much cheaper samsung version that has a separate processor dedicated to plastering ads all over your view of the world. there will be a lawsuit about the legality of covering up a real world ad with a blank space (adblocking the real world).

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

the thing is dumb and will normalize your body getting 3d scanned in public.

I was too dumb to understand the impact of normalizing pointing cameras at everyone without their consent w/ google glass. I'm still dumb, but I can see that this is not good and I don't like it and I don't have any say in whether or not I am subjected to it. Society sucks rear end.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i said it years ago and i'll say it again: once i finally get one the first thing i'm doing is making a IRL ad blocker that looks for like, billboards and poo poo in the environment around you and replaces them with the ones from They Live

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Shame Boy posted:

i said it years ago and i'll say it again: once i finally get one the first thing i'm doing is making a IRL ad blocker that looks for like, billboards and poo poo in the environment around you and replaces them with the ones from They Live

there's some scifi book that i forgot the name of (it was kinda annoying to read), in which a homeless/hippie guy hid himself from a character that had a brain ad-blocker implant by wrapping himself in a big blanket with an ad on it

mystes
May 31, 2006

tazjin posted:

there's some scifi book that i forgot the name of (it was kinda annoying to read), in which a homeless/hippie guy hid himself from a character that had a brain ad-blocker implant by wrapping himself in a big blanket with an ad on it
Well it should have been titled "one weird trick"

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Not a Children posted:

Honestly feel like Meta has poisoned the well

How do you pitch to a prospective know-nothing enterprise buyer that THAT headset was a dull and lifeless experience but THIS one will be a frictionless force multiplier

did you miss the bitcoin/nft boom?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

it is funny to me that after all the effort spent on trying to make transparent AR displays, apple's long awaited product is simply a VR headset with passthrough cameras

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

BMan posted:

it is funny to me that after all the effort spent on trying to make transparent AR displays, apple's long awaited product is simply a VR headset with passthrough cameras

their solution is incredibly dumb looking and probably contributes to the 2 hour battery life, so maybe they should still work on it imo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

once they're just like, slightly large glasses, maybe i'll consider it

same with vr, whatever tech can reach close to glasses size first will get popular fastest

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Improbable Lobster posted:

same with vr, whatever tech can reach close to glasses size first will get popular fastest

The upcoming Bigscreen VR headset is impressive in its scale

https://www.bigscreenvr.com/

(does not ship with controllers or audio, requires SteamVR Lighthouse units for tracking)

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
inside-out tracking solutions are inherently way more convenient than anything outside-in; more portable, unlimited working volume, works outdoors, etc

the problem is that inside-out tracking also makes the headset a far more perfect spying device for the manufacturer

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

“mark zuckerberg” is not that far from “ed gruberman”
:hmmyes:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Failson posted:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i dunno man. it looks pretty stupid. i didn't think the watch would take off either but it didn't look nearly this stupid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the watch also didn't cost well above every important psychological price point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Truman Peyote posted:

i dunno man. it looks pretty stupid. i didn't think the watch would take off either but it didn't look nearly this stupid

it was also literally an order of magnitude less expensive