Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666100792959311873

horseman is thinking about taking horse paste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Gotta love how mr. genius takes one look at questionable science, and then instead of, y'know, checking it out on a reputable source, just throws out a question to the open internet like a kid posting his essay topic in a forum. He not only has poo poo critical thinking skills, he's just so goddamn intellectually lazy.

And it doesn't help that he spends huge chunks of the day look up tweets from randos like this just to feed his already hyperinflated ego.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666100180217724929

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666100792959311873

horseman is thinking about taking horse paste

An absolutely unsurprising train of replies of the form "I took ivermectin and recovered from COVID so obviously it works". Elon getting fished by theepochtimes :lol:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Gotta love how mr. genius takes one look at questionable science, and then instead of, y'know, checking it out on a reputable source, just throws out a question to the open internet like a kid posting his essay topic in a forum. He not only has poo poo critical thinking skills, he's just so goddamn intellectually lazy.

And it doesn't help that he spends huge chunks of the day look up tweets from randos like this just to feed his already hyperinflated ego.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666100180217724929

I suppose the answer is he imagines himself as Hari Seldon - which also doesn't work because he's hands-on as gently caress - but like, uh... I know he misses the point a lot but yeah. The entire point of Seldon's psychohistory was that great man theory was nonsense, ultimately. The masses and their reactions to various social forces are what mattered. In fact it was a great man - the Mule - that loving deraile the entire project.

Plus all the other stuff with Second Foundation and poo poo revealing that ultimately it didn't work and needed external guidance.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Isn't basically all of his money in TSLA shares? It seems like he'd be the least buffeted from national default of anyone in the US, if not the world. Not a lot of Tesla sales in a global economic meltdown.

Last I checked it was a bit under 75% and growing larger still even as his networth fell as he sold other things.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I suppose the answer is he imagines himself as Hari Seldon - which also doesn't work because he's hands-on as gently caress - but like, uh... I know he misses the point a lot but yeah. The entire point of Seldon's psychohistory was that great man theory was nonsense, ultimately. The masses and their reactions to various social forces are what mattered. In fact it was a great man - the Mule - that loving deraile the entire project.

Plus all the other stuff with Second Foundation and poo poo revealing that ultimately it didn't work and needed external guidance.

all of it falls apart anyway when Asimov reveals that Daneel Olivaw has basically made himself immortal and has been affecting the course of history since Robots & Empire. Hari and everyone else are just doing what Daneel positioned them to do because he saw everything coming with his amaaaaazing positronic brain and was the only being long-lived enough to actually affect the course of history. Asimov's whole thing in Foundation comes down to 'no one single thing anyone does matters because we have such short lives, it's a combination of efforts over time leading to a culmination of change', and he uses an almost godlike AI manipulating these efforts into a snowball effect to prove his point.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 6, 2023

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

pixaal posted:

Last I checked it was a bit under 75% and growing larger still even as his networth fell as he sold other things.

Yeah that doesn't sound like a portfolio that would survive a global economic depression very well. A 75% stake in an already absurdly overpriced faux luxury car company, sure let's let er rip with a default :lmao:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

StrangersInTheNight posted:

all of it falls apart anyway when Asimov reveals that Daneel Olivaw has basically made himself immortal and has been affecting the course of history since Robots & Empire. Hari and everyone else are just doing what Daneel positioned them to do because he saw everything coming with his amaaaaazing positronic brain and was the only being long-lived enough to actually affect the course of history. Asimov's whole thing in Foundation comes down to 'no one single thing anyone does matters because we have such short lives, it's a combination of efforts over time leading to a culmination of change', and he uses an almost godlike AI manipulating these efforts into a snowball effect to prove his point.

Yep. Although I also - and I brought this up in the Foundation thread - feel like he kind of drops the ball WRT Galaxia a bit and some stuff. But yeah.
As with the Culture stuff, Musk fundamentally fails to understand the themes and ideas of Foundation.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yep. Although I also - and I brought this up in the Foundation thread - feel like he kind of drops the ball WRT Galaxia a bit and some stuff. But yeah.
As with the Culture stuff, Musk fundamentally fails to understand the themes and ideas of Foundation.

Yeh Asimov kinda loses the thread at the end where it's like, aaaaand everything becomes a space superorganism.

But really, Elon's hinging his ego on a series that, frankly, gives one of the more queerplatonic relationships in fiction and at its core is about how personal relationships change our life's course and purpose. Daneel affects the rest of human history because his relationship with Lije Baley was so profound, he doesn't want to see humanity be lost.

I don't think Musk would ever be able to have such a relationship, with any person.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 6, 2023

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I don't think Musk would ever be able to have such a relationship, with any person.

I'm sure he would disagree, the man spends every waking moment obsessed with his ex and how to impress her.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lmao if you need impetus for your personal sense of noblesse oblige

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666093774446170114
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666109737648128000
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666110445256671233

Hey Yaccarino, I think you should look into this guy's account as to why you can't get advertisers back

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Thank you Elon for weighing in on child sexuality. Furthermore get the gently caress off my property and keep your opinions far away from my kids.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

kazil posted:

Hey Yaccarino, I think you should look into this guy's account as to why you can't get advertisers back

Gender identity and sexual preference are mutually exclusive you loving moron.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shut the gently caress up and die via dying, Musk.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

Major media sources? Can't be trusted.

Weird site that's the news arm of a small righwing think tank based out of Portland, Maine? Hell yeah, spread the word!

Goddamn this rear end in a top hat. Oh, he's also got more expert medical advice to share with us:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666109446873919496

Also, funny how assholes like this focus on the narrative of people being a slave to medicines (and good health simply being a manner of people not taking good care of themselves), and never on the idea that, "Hey, maybe America is just a loving stressful place to live in for most people."

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 6, 2023

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Elon, reading this thread: "God damnit I can only cram so many shibboleth prompts into my personal blowjob botswarm at once"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/SquareJoeSmith/status/1426618208719712257?s=20

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666080214693322755

You stupid gently caress. Then again, if anyone was going to be buffeted from a national default.....

I don’t know why I glance at the replies to poo poo like this, somehow worse than CSPAM

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666093774446170114

As should have been expected:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1666099091237896192?cxt=HHwWgICw3fmSlp8uAAAA

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
The latest episode of Behind the Bastards goes into the lawsuit some of the laid off high ranking people at Twitter brought against Musk. It's a fun listen.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4tZmr7ULbPI3nwXvP5Cnyx

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Also, funny how assholes like this focus on the narrative of people being a slave to medicines (and good health simply being a manner of people not taking good care of themselves), and never on the idea that, "Hey, maybe America is just a loving stressful place to live in for most people."

It's not all just America being a hellhole that gets more antidepressant prescriptions.

Korea, for example, is another capitalist hellhole where the people work way too much but they're on the low end of that graphic. They also have a significantly higher suicide rate.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

...! posted:

It's almost like having the money to buy access to power is the same thing as having that power yourself :thunk:

Other way round IMO, having power ensures money will just find its way to you via fraudulent business ventures and mickey mouse advisory positions

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Yeah norway has absolutely not banned anything, it’s wholly made up

(It is under consideration to be stricter in the guidelines for giving hormones to people under 18, though)

ymgve fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 6, 2023

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Guy who can't read and understand published studies calls himself "Engineer" despite having no such degree and thinks his billions of dollars from a rigged economy magically endows him with more knowledge than medical doctors on medical issue.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheMessenger/status/1665772494408630275?s=20

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Nothing a simple OTA software update can't fix, I'm sure

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"some"

so there are whole shifts affected or not tesla?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Fremry posted:

Guy who can't read and understand published studies calls himself "Engineer" despite having no such degree and thinks his billions of dollars from a rigged economy magically endows him with more knowledge than medical doctors on medical issue.

Has Musk ever actually created anything? I thought he might have at least written some of the code for Paypal back in the day but it seems like it was another Tesla type deal where he was never a founder and just merged his pre-existing company with them.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Steadiman posted:

Nothing a simple OTA software update can't fix, I'm sure

OTA update is that the voice command "Musk take the wheel!" now activates full self-driving. You don't need the wheel in a Tesla.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Some of them are built so the wheel doesn't fall off at all."
"Well wasn't this built so the wheel wouldn't fall off?"
"Obviously not."
"Why not?"
"Because the wheel fell off."

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Weird site that's the news arm of a small righwing think tank based out of Portland, Maine? Hell yeah, spread the word!

Goddamn this rear end in a top hat. Oh, he's also got more expert medical advice to share with us:

So loving rich for Elon to complain about antidepressants when we all know he does a bunch of designer drugs.

Also, the transphobia is still vile. A mental illness that makes people constantly talking about children’s body parts.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/JTKirksTribble/status/1665773297823358981

the problem isn't that Tesla steering wheels fall off, the problem is biased reporting that doesn't cover all of the other car manufacturers whose steering wheels also fall off, so many different brands many people are saying, but it is ignored. I'm thinking of making a community note about this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At this point I just instinctively give every Tesla I encounter out in the wild a very wide berth because there's no telling when one of them will randomly explode into flames or go careening off out of control 200 mph or swerve across six lanes of traffic because the loving steering wheel literally popped off.

Also because the driver is probably some flavor of shithead.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Gender identity and sexual preference are mutually exclusive you loving moron.

First I've heard of this

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

nine-gear crow posted:

At this point I just instinctively give every Tesla I encounter out in the wild a very wide berth because there's no telling when one of them will randomly explode into flames or go careening off out of control 200 mph or swerve across six lanes of traffic because the loving steering wheel literally popped off.

Also because the driver is probably some flavor of shithead.

So you admit you're biased against Teslas? To what end we can only speculate.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I have a photo of a small child walking across the road vinyl wrapped on my tailgate so Teslas speed into me, allowing me to claim against their insurance for whiplash as an infinite money hack

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Lmao, this dude takes Ketamine and Ozempic by the cart load, and he wants to tell people "UHHH ANTI DEPRESSANTS ARE BAD ACTUALLY"

is his goal to make me hate him more than Trump? Is this a psy-op? It's loving working.

Also, for personal feelings, go gently caress yourself with that "Queer/ Trans people are all autistic" poo poo you absolute goddamn degenerate Balloon bag of skin and ketamine. Why would it be bad if autistic people were also Trans or queer? What's even wrong with being autistic, shithead?

Edit: doesn't this gently caress's supporters/he himself say he is autistic to shield him from people calling him out on his gross wierd beep boop poo poo? :fuckoff:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Songbearer posted:

I have a photo of a small child walking across the road vinyl wrapped on my tailgate so Teslas speed into me, allowing me to claim against their insurance for whiplash as an infinite money hack

This is brilliant.