Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Sukuna's face in the panel where he's sneering down at Gojo after breaking his barrier is excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Gonna be honest: I think Gojo eating poo poo is kinda necessary at this point, narratively, so that the actual protagonist can actually do something instead of just kicking back and letting the invincible meme character do everything in the climax finale

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Gojo and Sukuna should end up in limbo for a while because they still outclass the rest of the cast by such a huge margin at this point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was it ever explained how characters like the lightning guy ended up sitting around watching the fight on TV with everyone else?

He seemed like the kind of guy who would fight anyone else to the death for the chance to take on Sukuna himself. Was there a scene where Gojo owned him that I'm forgetting? That could explain it, since I could see him giving up if Gojo demonstrated how untouchable he is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ytlaya posted:

Was it ever explained how characters like the lightning guy ended up sitting around watching the fight on TV with everyone else?

He seemed like the kind of guy who would fight anyone else to the death for the chance to take on Sukuna himself. Was there a scene where Gojo owned him that I'm forgetting? That could explain it, since I could see him giving up if Gojo demonstrated how untouchable he is.

Plot thread lost in the shuffle of Gege turbo sprinting the end of this arc and / or Gojo is 100% gonna lose and he will get a shot

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

He was beaten by Hakari barely and agreed to go along with what Hakari wanted as the winner of the fight.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Gojo basically has to lose here or it ends on a draw. it would be pretty weird for the main character to not battle the big bad

there's also the ticking time bomb that is Kenjaku

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's gonna turn out that Yuuji is actually the one fighting Sukuna, and that he did whatever that soul switching thing implied in an earlier chapter is with Gojo

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I'm still betting that Yuji will have his rematch against Sukuna in the inner soul domain, where they made the enchain vow. Maki's special soul cutting sword is also another huge Chekhov's gun, but this manga is littered with those. And where did the comedian go?

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Gojo kinda has to lose otherwise it's like 20 characters vs Kenjaku + their assistant.

I'd be down for him beating Sukuna though, it's not a rule that the MC has to fight the big bad (Gon didn't even meet the Meruem on HxH, for example).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean he's certainly a beast, but he's not actually the driving antagonistic force of like 3/4ths of all the terrible poo poo that has happened. Get rid of him and you still have the other freakish rule breaking monster to deal with.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
thing is if Gojo loses here I just really don't see anyone else on the cast being capable of beating him, or even tiring him out at all.

my guess is Gojo actually wins, but will restrain him instead of killing him so they can find a way of saving Megumi somehow while Kenjaku fucks with everything behind the scenes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yuji has too much of a personal history with sukuna for that fight not to be resolved

if gojo were fighting kenjaku, I'd believe gojo would win assuming the others were already dealing with sukuna. but gojo getting a clean win vs sukuna just ends the series right? like nobody else is relevant at that point, gojo would just clean up. I could see gojo being ABOUT to win vs sukuna but ultimately failing, either because he wants to save megumi or because of someone like kenjaku interfering. that'd preserve his status as the strongest while still taking him out of the picture

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I don't see Gojo beating Sukuna, at least not this round. As noted by the peanut gallery, Sukuna is fighting evenly against Gojo, bypassing infinity etc., without showing even half his cards. We still don't know what Sukuna's Shrine technique actually does and whether or not it's related to the fire technique he used against Jogo, he hasn't used 10 Shadows, and he hasn't reverted to his original form which I'm going to assume is significantly stronger since he'll have twice as many hands to make handseals with.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I hope that if Gojo loses, the comedian is a pivotal part of defeating Sukuna because of that throwaway line that says his technique could be stronger than Gojo's lol

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This comic rules I’m having a good time again also oh no

Char
Jan 5, 2013

scaterry posted:

I hope that if Gojo loses, the comedian is a pivotal part of defeating Sukuna because of that throwaway line that says his technique could be stronger than Gojo's lol

I thought about it too: as far as I managed to notice, in chapter 225, Takaba is not in the room

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
that reminds me, who’s voted most likely to eat it versus sukuna

EDIT: it’s kashimo

TheHan fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 11, 2023

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's 100% Kashimo since I read that one reddit post that gave pretty compelling evidence that Sukuna's last technique is lightning.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The craziest thing to me is the peanut gallery (which I love) all commenting that Sukuna is flat out better than Gojo at everything. We've always seen that Gojo is not only born with every blessing but works absurdly hard too. Had no weaknesses, shortcomings, or sloppiness as a result of all his talent. To see people say "Sukuna is actually better at using CE efficiently if you remove six-eyes" is shocking to me. I assumed he and Sukuna would have parity as these genius level sorcerers but there is a clear difference in basic ability.

It's trite to say, but there's no way this is close to resolved, every fight has had multiple changes in advantage. It being Gojo's neck is also an unmissable parallel to his first fight with Toji. I really liked almost no one believing a barrier-less DE could be performed even Okkotsu. I don't think Gojo is one of them though, he definitely accepted the possibility. I'm not expecting him to reveal having his barrier destroyed was "Gojo's Trick" but I do think he'll have considered it as a possibility. Sukuna has so much in reserve not including Ten Shadows, there is just no way he totally washes Gojo without having to dig deep to get the win.

I don't think Gojo ultimately wins, or at least not solo. I really want Sukuna to admit he's legit lol. If Gojo loses though there is just no one else who has a chance of winning. I expect some kind of inner/outer fight where Yuji has to fight Sukuna in his domain or something. I think the possibility of Gojo being about to win and losing due to Kenjaku interference or failing to save Megumi is also a possibility. It's shonen so it feels guaranteed Yuji and Sukuna is the final fight but I've just never seen how we get to the point where that makes sense. Narratively it makes sense, I just don't see how Yuji can challenge him at all. I expect that to be how it goes and I'm excited to see how it's done but worried there is no way to have it land satisfyingly.

I think too much is being hidden from us to be sure how it goes yet. Clearly a lot happened in the month we skipped over after Gojo's unsealing. Soul switching shenanigans is part of that. I think the heroes' plan is still obscured from us. I also don't understand why they're watching this on PPV right now and not dealing with Kenjaku like I thought the plan was. I've got to assume Kashimo went along with things after seeing how strong Gojo is.

Very thankful it's only a week's wait

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Inumaki suddenly tells Sukuna to kill himself why he's destracted fighting Gojo, ending the fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

The craziest thing to me is the peanut gallery (which I love) all commenting that Sukuna is flat out better than Gojo at everything. We've always seen that Gojo is not only born with every blessing but works absurdly hard too. Had no weaknesses, shortcomings, or sloppiness as a result of all his talent. To see people say "Sukuna is actually better at using CE efficiently if you remove six-eyes" is shocking to me. I assumed he and Sukuna would have parity as these genius level sorcerers but there is a clear difference in basic ability.

It's trite to say, but there's no way this is close to resolved, every fight has had multiple changes in advantage. It being Gojo's neck is also an unmissable parallel to his first fight with Toji. I really liked almost no one believing a barrier-less DE could be performed even Okkotsu. I don't think Gojo is one of them though, he definitely accepted the possibility. I'm not expecting him to reveal having his barrier destroyed was "Gojo's Trick" but I do think he'll have considered it as a possibility. Sukuna has so much in reserve not including Ten Shadows, there is just no way he totally washes Gojo without having to dig deep to get the win.

I don't think Gojo ultimately wins, or at least not solo. I really want Sukuna to admit he's legit lol. If Gojo loses though there is just no one else who has a chance of winning. I expect some kind of inner/outer fight where Yuji has to fight Sukuna in his domain or something. I think the possibility of Gojo being about to win and losing due to Kenjaku interference or failing to save Megumi is also a possibility. It's shonen so it feels guaranteed Yuji and Sukuna is the final fight but I've just never seen how we get to the point where that makes sense. Narratively it makes sense, I just don't see how Yuji can challenge him at all. I expect that to be how it goes and I'm excited to see how it's done but worried there is no way to have it land satisfyingly.

I think too much is being hidden from us to be sure how it goes yet. Clearly a lot happened in the month we skipped over after Gojo's unsealing. Soul switching shenanigans is part of that. I think the heroes' plan is still obscured from us. I also don't understand why they're watching this on PPV right now and not dealing with Kenjaku like I thought the plan was. I've got to assume Kashimo went along with things after seeing how strong Gojo is.

Very thankful it's only a week's wait

Theoretically Kenjaku should not be anywhere near the fight, as he states he wants to work on his plans while everyone is distracted with Sukuna.

I could see things being subverted were Sukuna's boast about Gojo being just another nameless fish was spot on.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://twitter.com/sa2men/status/1667950060381024256?s=46&t=jNPK9cLoabj2lmb_iTv6eA

lol some of the fan art that’s coming out of gojos severed head is great

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone else feel like there's a chapter missing between chapters?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Theoretically Kenjaku should not be anywhere near the fight, as he states he wants to work on his plans while everyone is distracted with Sukuna.

I could see things being subverted were Sukuna's boast about Gojo being just another nameless fish was spot on.

My assumption had been they'd all go hunting for him while Gojo deals with Sukuna, but I suppose they have to be on standby to try jump Sukuna while he's weakened just after the fight.

If Sukuna's boast is spot on that would be the most disappointing result I think. Someone's gotta press Sukuna and it's going to be him. This chapter poo poo on Gojo so much that I think we'll see him come out strong next chapter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's also great having Higurama here, really unexpected but appreciated. His arc was easily one of my favourite parts of the manga. I liked that he mentioned starting to have an idea of how you'd do domain amplification. Felt fitting with what we saw from him and how fast he picked stuff up as a transformed sorcerer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

My assumption had been they'd all go hunting for him while Gojo deals with Sukuna, but I suppose they have to be on standby to try jump Sukuna while he's weakened just after the fight.

Kenjaku actually even said the later was going to happen. All the Heavy hitters who could potentially deal with Kenjaku have to be standby with Sukuna in case Gojo loses.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Still so curious what Kenjaku’s endgame is cause it doesn’t even seem like he can realistically expect the culling game to end, since that’d require Sukuna to not only beat Gojo but everyone else.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The mangaka really decided to make a final exam on all previously mentioned principles and case examples of domain expansion into this one clash between Gojo and Sukuna.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

TheHan posted:

Still so curious what Kenjaku’s endgame is cause it doesn’t even seem like he can realistically expect the culling game to end, since that’d require Sukuna to not only beat Gojo but everyone else.

You can't play a game when the board the game is being played in goes up in flames, which is what happens when Kenjaku arranges Tengen to 'die.'

EDIT: The Culling Games Binding Vow isn't for the games to have a winner, but that the seemingly perpetual games must end. Arranging the circumstances through which the games cease to function is also ending them.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 12, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also Sukuna can absolutely end everyone else from all we've seen easily and it's a matter of time inevitably.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
he seemed kind of chill in Yozuru’s flashback. Basically a shinto diety/kami that requires tribute and worship or he’ll eat your entire village

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

yum posted:

he seemed kind of chill in Yozuru’s flashback. Basically a shinto diety/kami that requires tribute and worship or he’ll eat your entire village

yup totes chill dude. do what I say or I'll horrifically end your life and probably everyone you know

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Yeah, well, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yup totes chill dude. do what I say or I'll horrifically end your life and probably everyone you know

I mean that’s pretty much what a Shinto deity is yeah. People coexisting with these monsters and trying not to piss them off

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kenjaku actually even said the later was going to happen. All the Heavy hitters who could potentially deal with Kenjaku have to be standby with Sukuna in case Gojo loses.

Yeah I remembered this but had thought the heroes had commented on having a plan for Kenjaku. Skimming the last few chapters and can’t see anything like that at all.

Whether he wins or loses after rereading this I believe my man is gonna kick the poo poo out of Sukuna

I feel like him pushing Sukuna to the limit and Kenjaku interfering is most likely. However it’s very unpredictable so anything feels like it could happen. Can’t imagine the heavy hitter squad just sit out the arc. Though I also expect some of them to end up having to deal with Kenjaku.

Yuji also has that connection to him we need to see expanded on. I’m also still curious if Kenjaku made Yuji only to house Sukuna or if the control was the point. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Sukuna is just one more battery to Kenjaku for the ritual. I’m not sure if what Kenjaku describes is something Sukuna would even like. He likes murdering and eating which doesn’t sound like it’ll be possible post culling game.

I’m also curious about Sukuna’s true understanding of cursed energy. He seems to be the only one who has a higher understanding even compared to the ancient sorcerers. We currently believe stuff like cursed energy and technique are mostly set at birth I wonder if that’s true for him. Was he just born with double Okkotsu’s amount of CE, which was an already cartoonish amounts, or was he able to increase it:

God there is so much I want to know and see!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Though I am now considering that Sukuna using ten shadows is basically the perfect way for him to take on all the heavy hitters at once and I can’t imagine everyone doesn’t get to fight some way in the finale.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Mahoraga pretty much feels like a narrative device meant to be thrown at Gojo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I remembered this but had thought the heroes had commented on having a plan for Kenjaku. Skimming the last few chapters and can’t see anything like that at all.

Whether he wins or loses after rereading this I believe my man is gonna kick the poo poo out of Sukuna

I feel like him pushing Sukuna to the limit and Kenjaku interfering is most likely. However it’s very unpredictable so anything feels like it could happen. Can’t imagine the heavy hitter squad just sit out the arc. Though I also expect some of them to end up having to deal with Kenjaku.

Yuji also has that connection to him we need to see expanded on. I’m also still curious if Kenjaku made Yuji only to house Sukuna or if the control was the point. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Sukuna is just one more battery to Kenjaku for the ritual. I’m not sure if what Kenjaku describes is something Sukuna would even like. He likes murdering and eating which doesn’t sound like it’ll be possible post culling game.

I’m also curious about Sukuna’s true understanding of cursed energy. He seems to be the only one who has a higher understanding even compared to the ancient sorcerers. We currently believe stuff like cursed energy and technique are mostly set at birth I wonder if that’s true for him. Was he just born with double Okkotsu’s amount of CE, which was an already cartoonish amounts, or was he able to increase it:

God there is so much I want to know and see!

I don’t see Kenjaku interfering no matter what as it’s contradictory to his plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tosk posted:

Mahoraga pretty much feels like a narrative device meant to be thrown at Gojo.

I thought so too especially after we saw it pop Yorozu’s domain barrier so easily. Then Sukuna just did that himself lol. It’s still obviously a hard counter to him

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t see Kenjaku interfering no matter what as it’s contradictory to his plans.

If Gojo were going to win or seal Sukuna in some way Kenjaku would need to intercede. He’d want Sukuna to kill all the Culling Game contestants for him.

e: so yeah my scenario is predicated on Gojo ultimately starting to win or at least tie Sukuna then Kenjaku having finished clean up returning to interfere.