Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RareAcumen posted:

The fun of asking is because the beginning of the manga is always too early to know how it ends, does anyone have any guesses on what the final villain's power will be? I've had an idea of an immortal Araki deciding that the villain of part 21 would use perspective against them. That sounds perfectly insurmountable for a story.

Heaven's Door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

The fun of asking is because the beginning of the manga is always too early to know how it ends, does anyone have any guesses on what the final villain's power will be? I've had an idea of an immortal Araki deciding that the villain of part 21 would use perspective against them. That sounds perfectly insurmountable for a story.

I'm holding on to a theory that the villain's power will be something between or a combo of Pucci and Valentine's, dealing with multiverses and stuff, because i really want the end of part 9 to wrap around to the beginning of part 1

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is it a jojo friday yet :ohdear:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Repurposing objects. It might actually be a bit too powerful - you'd have to somehow make it so that it can't just repurpose November Rain into producing soft silk or something - but it would be a fitting way of messing with the Mechanism and could lead to some creative body horror.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Repurposing objects. It might actually be a bit too powerful - you'd have to somehow make it so that it can't just repurpose November Rain into producing soft silk or something - but it would be a fitting way of messing with the Mechanism and could lead to some creative body horror.

So Gold/en Experience but it also works on Stands? Yeah that sounds immensely powerful.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Everyone loves Lisa Lisa's famous catchphrase

also

oh
lord

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sockser posted:

Is it a jojo friday yet :ohdear:

sadly, the 19th was very rude and decided to be on monday instead of sunday so we have to wait for jodio and dragona being cool af instead of it coming forwards.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Where is Made in Heaven when you need it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jojolands Ch. 5 is out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The cat chase begins!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

See you in a couple of years, Rohan... we'll miss you!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Goddamn Jodio owns

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rohan respecting someone else? :stare:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Wanna know the raw line for that to determine if him hearing that activated his Josuke neurons.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Rohan said the line!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Forget the Stray Cats, the entire Brian Setzer Orchestra is on the move!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I bet whatever the deal is with the lava rocks is related to Pele's Curse. When Jodio took the rock from Rohan, the diamond stopped teleporting back into Rohan's hands. Does the lava rock prevent things from being stolen from whoever possesses the lava rock? If that's the case, then that's the mechanism for how Jodio becomes filthy rich, he steals but can't be stolen from.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What a chapter, the part is starting so strongly my word.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I bet whatever the deal is with the lava rocks is related to Pele's Curse. When Jodio took the rock from Rohan, the diamond stopped teleporting back into Rohan's hands. Does the lava rock prevent things from being stolen from whoever possesses the lava rock? If that's the case, then that's the mechanism for how Jodio becomes filthy rich, he steals but can't be stolen from.

I think you nailed it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The novel that Demonic Heartbreak was an advertisement for came out today and if early Japanese impressions are right, it is the worst piece of Jojo media ever

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

The novel that Demonic Heartbreak was an advertisement for came out today and if early Japanese impressions are right, it is the worst piece of Jojo media ever

hell yeah!!!!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Phantom Blood movie can finally rest in peace.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Worse than ASB supposedly was? When that first came out some Japanese fans hated it so much they were snapping discs in half and stuff.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Worse than ASB supposedly was? When that first came out some Japanese fans hated it so much they were snapping discs in half and stuff.

Do you mean Eyes of Heaven? Because All-Star Battle didn't really have any story besides cliff-notes versions of all the parts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Before every chapter, there is a random quote from Pink Dark Boy (Rohan is not in the novel) which all inexplicably have the speaker talking to someone named "N i N i N i"

The main villain at one point has a monologue where he calls himself the "ultimate singer." He does not sing at any point.

Both Kira and Jotaro's dad appears at some point.

Tomoko apparently does not remember when the whole thing with Josuke's savior that saved them from the snowed in car happened.

There's a line about Hol Horse saving some women from DIO's mansion when DIO died and those women were implied to be the pregnant mothers of Giorno, Rykiel, Ungalo, and Versace who would have all been 5 at this point.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

that seems like an extreme overreaction

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a line about Hol Horse saving some women from DIO's mansion when DIO died and those women were implied to be the pregnant mothers of Giorno, Rykiel, Ungalo, and Versace who would have all been 5 at this point.

that last bit was shown in the manga briefly too.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Jodio: Gosh this Rohan guy is so cool, I respect him so much.

Araki you cheeky gremlin

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Jorge Joestar can finally rest in peace.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

Tomoko apparently does not remember when the whole thing with Josuke's savior that saved them from the snowed in car happened.

I quit reading the manga version around the time it mentioned kars because the whole thing felt like a jojo lore circlejerk and lol lmao I was right

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Daga kotowaru!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The demonic heartbreak book sounds incredible tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Before every chapter, there is a random quote from Pink Dark Boy (Rohan is not in the novel) which all inexplicably have the speaker talking to someone named "N i N i N i"

The main villain at one point has a monologue where he calls himself the "ultimate singer." He does not sing at any point.

Sounds badass.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Part 9 spoilers:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Man, Jodio has shown more personality and wherewithal in 5 chapters than Gappy did in a decade. I particularly enjoy his dynamic with Rohan, which is an inverted form of Rohan's relationship with Josuke: Josuke and Rohan 4 are ostensibly on the same side, but they hate each other's guts, whereas Jodio and Rohan 9 admire each other despite being enemies.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

If this is true, then it's almost certainly going to cause conflict among the group depending on how strict the rules are. Jodio might even end up accidentally stealing from his crew or boss if he doesn't quickly figure out what's going on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

If this is true, then it's almost certainly going to cause conflict among the group depending on how strict the rules are. Jodio might even end up accidentally stealing from his crew or boss if he doesn't quickly figure out what's going on.

Millagro Man...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think that was just the fact that for one, Jodio was the only person who didn't get hit by Heaven's Door, and also Dragona had something written on them that made holding onto the diamond impossible anyway since they were the one carrying it initially anyway.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

I think that was just the fact that for one, Jodio was the only person who didn't get hit by Heaven's Door, and also Dragona had something written on them that made holding onto the diamond impossible anyway since they were the one carrying it initially anyway.

24 hours later I think we can dispense with spoilers.

If you look at Chapter 4 you can see that the diamond escaped Paco's backpack a few pages before Rohan shows up in the scene. Now it's possible that Rohan wrote that instruction onto Paco or Dragona while offscreen, and after being 'defeated' his ability no longer binds them... but that doesn't feel like something Araki would do offscreen like that, not after putting such an emphasis on the diamond being impossible to hold onto for two consecutive chapters.

Another few pages after Rohan confronts Dragona and retrieves the diamond, we see Heaven's Door taking visual effect on Dragona and Rohan begins reading their biographical information. Later in the chapter he touches Paco as well, and it's only after he visibly touches them on-panel that he starts identifying their names.

Furthermore, in the current chapter, Rohan notices a bundle of money on/near Paco's body, and realizes Paco also stole from Rohan. The quote "It came back.", delivered with a lack of surprise, seems important here and I think is the key to understanding what's going on with the lava rock and the diamond/banknotes.

Finally, Jodio isn't the one holding the diamond at the end of this chapter, it's Paco, who originally lost the diamond after stealing it from the safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Waffleman_ posted:

they were adopted