Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Hammond Egger posted:

LividLiquid is part of a marginalised group. They felt that even though the Acclaimed are also parts of marginalised groups that they were still fomenting the same kind of reaction towards marginalised groups that Donald Trump was facilitating. The collective absolutely dogpiled LL for making the comparison and it ended with a quote that has stuck around in the first post of the AEW thread for over a year now. LL just popped into an AEW thread a while back to politely ask if it could be removed because they felt personally attacked every time they saw it. No matter what you believe about how it was said or whether it was valid or whatever, why the gently caress couldn't anybody just say "oh yeah we've got a shitload of stuff in that post already, it really doesn't matter to us if it helps you feel more like a member of our community" and get rid of it? It's a rhetorical question by the way, I already know the answer and it's why I've basically done an overly prolonged banme request.

This is what Lividliquid actually said for reference:

LividLiquid posted:

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on. I just can't begin to enjoy their work and they come across as the kids whose parents don't pay enough attention so they scream curse words until everybody's looking at them.

So, pretty much Trump. Which you'd think would make me want to see them get beat, but I just can't begin to care beyond wanting the edgelord teenagers who don't know poo poo to stop reminding me of being an edgelord teenager who didn't know poo poo.

which was rightfully mocked

If LL had specifically mentioned the bad Acclaimed rap about rape rather than "kids whose parent's don't pay enough attention" as being "pretty much Trump" this insane take would have been taken more respectfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

fez_machine posted:

This is what Lividliquid actually said for reference:

quote:

LL just popped into an AEW thread a while back to politely ask if it could be removed because they felt personally attacked every time they saw it. No matter what you believe about how it was said or whether it was valid or whatever, why the gently caress couldn't anybody just say "oh yeah we've got a shitload of stuff in that post already, it really doesn't matter to us if it helps you feel more like a member of our community" and get rid of it?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
You mean the one that doesn't directly reference LividLiquid in any way shape or form? There's no right to feel like you belong to a community (and the something awful forum isn't a real community, it's a group of strangers having a conversation at best) especially if you said something dumb and got mocked for it.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

fez_machine posted:

You mean the one that doesn't directly reference LividLiquid in any way shape or form? There's no right to feel like you belong to a community (and the something awful forum isn't a real community, it's a group of strangers having a conversation at best) especially if you said something dumb and got mocked for it.

Thank goodness we have the posting police here to dictate what constitutes good posting (links to The Rock saying shut the hell up on YouTube) and what deserves to get mocked forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish you hadn't brought up your toxx that no one knew or cared about while you were repeatedly saying aew was ruined in the aew thread.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cavauro posted:

i wish you hadn't brought up your toxx that no one knew or cared about while you were repeatedly saying aew was ruined in the aew thread.

I hope you can get your shift key fixed one day. We all want different things in life Cavauro, sometimes you've just gotta take the good with the bad x

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Hammond Egger posted:

Thank goodness we have the posting police here to dictate what constitutes good posting (links to The Rock saying shut the hell up on YouTube) and what deserves to get mocked forever.

I didn't even remember what LividLiquid had posted 2 years ago now until you brought it up. The answer is always :justpost: normal poo poo about wrestling and everyone kind of forgets.

Being so insecure that even being tangentially reminded of it causes emotional pain is not the responsibility of the forum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Derisively talking about the posting police while finger wagging at everybody else about their posting 30 seconds before you're booted off the island because you self-exiled after everybody got sick of your uniformly terribly posting is ALMOST as good as having a meltdown for being tangentially related to a joke about Trump after comparing a black gay wrestler to Trump. But not quite.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 19, 2023

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hammond Egger posted:

bruh.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Finding out the offending quip was the emf Acclaimed verse was a real trip

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not going to engage with aggroman 5000 here but if someone wants their dumb post removed from the AEW OP totem I'm not opposed. The OP is threatening Big Bill in height and I cannot accept that.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

MJeff posted:

Derisively talking about the posting police while finger wagging at everybody else about their posting 30 seconds before you're booted off the island because you self-exiled after everybody got sick of your uniformly terribly posting is ALMOST as good as having a meltdown for being tangentially related to a joke about Trump after comparing a black gay wrestler to Trump. But not quite.

Hey, I have terrible opinions but I am NOT a terrible poster thank you very much.

I said that Roman Reigns was a draw compared to MJF who is not in the WWE thread and you called me "numb nuts". One is an opinion, which may or may not be good or bad. The other is bad loving posting, which is what you and your crew of flunkies who follow my terrible opinions from thread to thread engage in like I'm the pied piper of assholes or something.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shinjobi posted:

aggroman 5000

poo poo, where were you in 2011 buddy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Finding out the offending quip was the emf Acclaimed verse was a real trip

i think it should be featured more prominently.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mods please ban all uses of the phrase numbnuts going forward, this is a grevious misrepresentation of Jeff Jarrett's famous catchphrase

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Scoop this slap nuts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hammond Egger posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Always liked that guy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Our rap sheets are same size

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

irrelevant but i remember gamefaqs was a great place for people who had an ideological reverence for accrued posting credibility through repeated opinions as well providing service and maintaining a high level of presentation in your words, instead of anyone caring if you're a poo poo head or cool. almost everyone was like that but those are memories from 20 years ago so i don't know if it's different or dead now. some cults can also be good for this. well i got no problem. my rat poo poo is bigger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Scoop this slap nuts

Oh you're going down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you know, that toxx from 10 months ago that 1 guy responded to saying not to do it, then the toxxer brought it back up more than half a year later, i'm not sure if it qualifies as one. it seemed like kind of an "i am willing to do it." does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hammond Egger posted:

I'm gonna miss you wish.com Cavauro, keep fighting the good fight x

And all you others who respond to my actual opinions with Elon Musk quality memes and personal insults and low-content shitposts then get on your high horses about how people should and shouldn't behave on the forums and are then in pure disbelief that I am just going to leave this toxic place after 22 years and not epic re-reg, cheerio and best wishes! I am glad that you can find so much enjoyment out of AEW when it's turned into such a bitter disappointment for me. I'll take my negativity elsewhere and I really should have realised it was the wrong audience here, so I'm sorry for that.

Just one final word - I think the way you all treated LividLiquid was incredibly lovely. They just asked for one little line in that giant wall of text and images to be removed because they felt personally offended by it and they got shouted down and told that their feelings were irrelevant. It would have taken so little effort just to recognise that one person but NO, the collective has spoken.

Didn’t read, stay gone

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hammond Egger posted:

Man, this was a great thread.

Lid posted:

“The match that I had with Punk, where things go wonky at the end of that match with the kick out on the GTS, which isn’t even his move.

“That’s me giving into my desire to be a little bit petty in that regard. It’s KENTA’s move and you didn’t even have the decency to change the name.”

“Regardless, the confusion at the end of our match was the fact that he did what’s called ‘the office’ or an ‘iggy.’ This is some inside baseball stuff here. He did that before the three count was over.

“Having been in the business for a long time, I recognize what that is and have done it myself to somebody to say, in our way, ‘whatever, good match.’ He did it before the three count was over. That’s also a way to alert your opponent that, ‘Hey, let’s change something.’”

“In that moment, I can liken it to what Tony Khan might have been feeling when he’s going off on the EVPs. You don’t know what to do. In that moment, I know for myself, I had to make a split-second decision, couldn’t weigh out this or that.

“I had to kick out or not kick out and lose the moment forever. I kicked out. Being whatever it was.”

Bobby Fish finally confirming he did a Bob Holly on CM Punk. He was Getting His Heat Back.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

does anyone have any thoughts on this?

they thought you and QoP were similar. they're too stupid to waste another thought on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I am much taller

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm seeing double here... four cavauros!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I second this emphatically

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I feel really bad about piling onto people who are going through some kind of bad emotional response to the internet but I'll never understand why when called a bad poster some people decide to double or triple down on it and start picking fights with the entire forum. at some point you've either got to decide the place you're on is toxic and you should just leave quietly or realize you're the one that's a problem

sometimes it can be both i guess

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tampa Bae posted:

I feel really bad about piling onto people who are going through some kind of bad emotional response to the internet but I'll never understand why when called a bad poster some people decide to double or triple down on it and start picking fights with the entire forum. at some point you've either got to decide the place you're on is toxic and you should just leave quietly or realize you're the one that's a problem

This place is one of the least lovely places left to talk about punchsports on the internet, and a big part of that is an openly stated intolerance for the kind of toxicity that permeates most of said other places, and I think a lot of people who wind up at odds with the body public of the forum--sometimes for reasons that are good, sometimes for reasons that are bad, sometimes for mixtures of both that are just deeply weird--feel a certain sense of betrayal about that. 'If we care so much about not being lovely to people why are you being lovely to me' becomes another source of anger that reinforces the original anger rather than making you question if your mockery was warranted and if your reaction is fueling more of it.

I am not in the AEW threads enough to know the background, I mostly just see the drama when it spills over and I hope everyone is not being a dick. Except That DICK!, who is legally exempt.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Hammond Egger posted:

Hey, I have terrible opinions but I am NOT a terrible poster thank you very much.

I said that Roman Reigns was a draw compared to MJF who is not in the WWE thread and you called me "numb nuts".

lmfao

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it's a good post. congrats on the funny post, emf.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

MJeff posted:

Personally, I liked how Egger claimed that they're glad to leave this toxic dump of a subforum, while simultaneously trying to get "Internet good guy" points by claiming to be aggrieved on LL's behalf

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tampa Bae posted:

I may be a bad poster but I will burn the whole house down if you point it out to me

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
nothing is allowed to be removed from the big first AEW post. it will grow long enough that eventually it will crash the forums upon loading and free us from the cycle of torment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tato posted:

nothing is allowed to be removed from the big first AEW post. it will grow long enough that eventually it will crash the forums upon loading and free us from the cycle of torment.

He shook his head to clear it, thought of taking another sip of water, and dismissed the idea. Tonight. When he was in catering over the remains of the shattered table. Then he would drink. As for now . . .

As for now, he would resume his journey. Somewhere ahead was the PPV. Closer, however, much closer, was the faction (was it a faction, was it really?) who could perhaps tell him how to get there. Scorpio would do a run-in, and when he did, the faction would promo - aye, yes, yar, tell it on the mountain as you'd hear it in the valley: Malakai would be confronted, and Malakai would tallk.

Scorpio touched his PS5 again, and its reality was oddly comforting, as if he had never touched it before.
Time to get posting.
The House of Black fled across the arena, and the Face of the Revolution followed.

25 May 2019 - 19 June 2023
I tell Tony thankya

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 19, 2023

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the first rule of aew threads is you do not talk about aew threads

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tato posted:

it already crashes my phone lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
the reason I don't post there anymore is because my computer catches fire every time I open the aew thread and I have to hurry to grab the fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

He shook his head to clear it, thought of taking another sip of water, and dismissed the idea. Tonight. When he was in catering over the remains of the shattered table. Then he would drink. As for now . . .

As for now, he would resume his journey. Somewhere ahead was the PPV. Closer, however, much closer, was the faction (was it a faction, was it really?) who could perhaps tell him how to get there. Scorpio would do a run-in, and when he did, the faction would promo - aye, yes, yar, tell it on the mountain as you'd hear it in the valley: Malakai would be confronted, and Malakai would tallk.

Scorpio touched his PS5 again, and its reality was oddly comforting, as if he had never touched it before.
Time to get posting.
The House of Black fled across the arena, and the Face of the Revolution followed.

25 May 2019 - 19 June 2023
I tell Tony thankya

Beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Personally I just don't post or read most of the active threads in PSP because i don't think they're enjoyable to read or participate in, but I'm not accusing any dark cabals of conspiring to make them like that or posting banme manifestos against my perceived forum enemies. I just stopped reading them.

Slower threads about wrestling history or the shambling corpse of the NWA are still fun though.