Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/smeef_/status/1670216032211062785

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Kild posted:

I want the Snyder cut.

It's on Snyder Island.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Luis Guzman as Blackbeard

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

It's on Snyder Island.

Zack Snyder being executed by WB:
“You want my footage of Justice League? I left it all in One Piece*”

*a single unedited 7 hour cut

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

It's on Snyder Island.

uh? my name... it's SNYDER KING

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's going to be a long month

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nuebot posted:

It's going to be a long month

Oh god its only been one week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's okay, I'll just watch the latest episode of the ani.... it's a clip show! :gonk:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Next week is a big one if the preview was any indication . Killer and Law vs Big Mom hits the climax

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

luchadornado posted:

There are rumors that David Simon was called in after the trailer to re-write the dialogue and its much grittier and realistic now.

Mihawk comin', yo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is Mihawk, he's got my back! I would recommend not getting killed by him, he's the greatest swordsman in the Grand Line!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gently caress all dem east sea bitches

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I heard that guy's captain called him Midfraud [beat] you don't call him Midfraud.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/quasimaddi/status/1670521936101687299?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Barthlomew "The Bart" Kuma: Look at him, I made him walk like that :smug:

Kild posted:

gently caress all dem east sea bitches

Goddammit :xd:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Barthlomew "The Bart" Kuma: Look at him, I made him walk like that :smug:

Goddammit :xd:

Always reminds me of Lennon,

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Runa posted:

Trailer could've been worse

Even if the show is great, though, I don't expect it to survive Netflix tightening its belt
The best thing about the trailer is that it had the scene with the barrel where they declare their dreams going into the Grand Line. That's going to be a good finale, the crew together going off on more adventures.

Because there will not be a season two, no matter the quality.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Honestly I have some respect that they convinced Netflix to put $100m+ into this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should have given it to me instead

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

The lab I work at is a land of contrasts. One work desk has a big printout of Whitebeard's wanted poster, but the desk immediately behind it has one of Chopper. I'm tempted to make one for Zoro and put it on someone else's desk.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bleck posted:

I’m gonna watch it and I’m gonna like it. Sorry, everyone.

:hf:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

mabels big day posted:

I dont care how much oda wants this to succeed or how funny itd be to see season 2 cgi chopper, im not giving netflix my money again

So be a pirate

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Bodes well that they decided not to cut the fan favorite character Nami from the tv show. Very good.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

lets riot

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I am really having trouble wrapping around my head around the idea of live action Arlong/Hachi/Chuu. It’s like trying to visualize an abstract concept.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Unless The Man In The Straw Hat is the last episode, that's looking like 2 episodes each for Romance Dawn through Buggy, Usopp, Baratie, and Arlong. Which is weird, because no way that Syrup Village needs the same time as Baratie, let alone Arlong.

The only other way I could see it with those titles is if Tell No Tales isn't an Usopp episode but rather is part of Arlong where Usopp dies and Luffy refuses to listen to Nami's backstory.

Panic Restaurant posted:

I am really having trouble wrapping around my head around the idea of live action Arlong/Hachi/Chuu. It’s like trying to visualize an abstract concept.

Given the budget for the show, they probably have the money to do decent full CG replacemnt like Davy Jone's crew in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Or maybe they hired Tom Savini.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 20, 2023

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's a 10 episode season though?

Len fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 20, 2023

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lets unriot

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Len posted:

The other 2 episodes are clip shows.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Len posted:

That’s all I saw posted so far at least

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

luchadornado posted:

The other 2 episodes are clip shows.

only one clip show actually, the other is a boss luffy historical special

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Y’all making fun of the trailer won’t be laughing in ~5 years when we get live action Luffy vs Kaido(played by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson) in season 5 of Netflix’s highest rated show ever(by this point they’ll be known as PirateFlix).

In all seriousness I hope Oda and the TV crew don’t take it too hard when the show inevitably fails(in the best case it gets lukewarm reviews and just doesn’t get renewed for a 2nd season). I just don’t think stuff like One piece works in live action

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RatHat posted:

Y’all making fun of the trailer won’t be laughing in ~5 years when we get live action Luffy vs Kaido(played by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson) in season 5 of Netflix’s highest rated show ever(by this point they’ll be known as PirateFlix).

In all seriousness I hope Oda and the TV crew don’t take it too hard when the show inevitably fails(in the best case it gets lukewarm reviews and just doesn’t get renewed for a 2nd season). I just don’t think stuff like One piece works in live action

Counterpoint: every bit of footage I’ve seen of the One Piece stage shows & kabuki look rad as hell

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Len posted:

It's 8.

Gyges posted:

Unless The Man In The Straw Hat is the last episode, that's looking like 2 episodes each for Romance Dawn through Buggy, Usopp, Baratie, and Arlong. Which is weird, because no way that Syrup Village needs the same time as Baratie, let alone Arlong.

The only other way I could see it with those titles is if Tell No Tales isn't an Usopp episode but rather is part of Arlong where Usopp dies and Luffy refuses to listen to Nami's backstory.

Given the budget for the show, they probably have the money to do decent full CG replacemnt like Davy Jone's crew in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Or maybe they hired Tom Savini.

Tell No Tales is Zoro + Morgan. Man in the Straw Hat is Buggy

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kild posted:

It's 8.

poo poo it is, I knew I should have checked more than one website

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

Even at best case scenario, we're looking at 8 or so years until a 30 year old Luffy punches punches a 60 year old The Rock.

Kild posted:

Am I remembering wrong, or does Arlong Park not have more story than Baratie? Seems like they shouldn't be the same number of episodes.

Also I assume we're doing the barrel oath after Arlong, and pushing Logue Town into a highly hypothetical season 2.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Arlong Park and Baratie are both actually the same length (27 chapters). Kindof surprising but I guess Baratie has a couple of secondary antagonists and ends up introducing both Sanji and Mihawk.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kild posted:

It's 8.

uhh are those in order then because zoro was before buggy?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

I can’t wait until Water 7 and we come full circle by having Jim Carry play Franky