Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

still chugging away at it. accidentally unpaused the audiobook on phone speakers in a crowded place and it was a guys head getting lopped off

scary ghost dog posted:

lol natalie portman puts the headphones on zach braff and its the blood meridian audiobook

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

lol natalie portman puts the headphones on zach braff and its the blood meridian audiobook

lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

still chugging away at it. accidentally unpaused the audiobook on phone speakers in a crowded place and it was a guys head getting lopped off

hahaha of course! Always the way - impeccable timing :D

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Read The Croning by Laird Barron. It was good, but I think I like his short story format better. It almost read like a bunch of short stories all pressed together. Hope he continues to practice with the novel format and really gets to cooking. I’d also be down for him to write his take on some folklore/fairy tales

wowee thanks again Dendy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Continuing my Hunter X Hunter rewatch, god I love Knuckle so much. Haven’t got there yet but an all time moment I never hear commented on is Knuckle getting revenge for Shoot’s honour

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
too much good gaming to be had my reading has been in the dumps recently, way behind schedule

Zodar
May 21, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Continuing my Hunter X Hunter rewatch, god I love Knuckle so much. Haven’t got there yet but an all time moment I never hear commented on is Knuckle getting revenge for Shoot’s honour

those two rule. chimera ant's cast in general... togashi is so good at making guys who would normally be throwaway bit characters memorable & getting the reader to pop off for them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Starting Hunter x Hunter and the first episode kicks rear end already

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It literally only gets better episode after episode. Hxh is insanely ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hunter Exam arc ftw

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Vinland saga had me in a grip and I finished the first season. Such a cool show I was sleeping on!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Poppers posted:

It literally only gets better episode after episode. Hxh is insanely ftw

EmmyOk posted:

Hunter Exam arc ftw

Watched four eps so far and this seems extremely true, loving this poo poo so far

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Watched four eps so far and this seems extremely true, loving this poo poo so far

It’s really just such a joy lol. His character and world designs are so much fun.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

“That was a bad move, little ant”

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
drat Barry Fuckin slaps.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

“That was a bad move, little ant”

so fuckin sick lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gonna use spoilers since Pablo just started up

I read the chimera ant arc as it came out originally then I guess I watched the anime week to week too but it's been a decade. So watching the raid play out in a binge is incredible. I'm so tense. This whole arc has been even more incredible than I gave it credit for.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Crazy to think that the author of HxH also made Yu Yu Hakusho. Truly a master of the craft.

wowee thanks again Dendy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

got back from seeing Asteroid City and it was very good. kinda confusing at first since it's like a frame narrative in a frame narrative? but once i got that, then it was fun seeing Wes Anderson buying into himself and filming the result. Jason Schwartzman especially was ftw.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

Crazy to think that the author of HxH also made Yu Yu Hakusho. Truly a master of the craft.

YYH ftw too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

And he's married to the creator of Sailor Moon. Mangaka royalty

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s the best anime ever made. Nuff said.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

symbolic posted:

got back from seeing Asteroid City and it was very good. kinda confusing at first since it's like a frame narrative in a frame narrative? but once i got that, then it was fun seeing Wes Anderson buying into himself and filming the result. Jason Schwartzman especially was ftw.

i saw it today and i want to see it again immediately

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

Zodar posted:

i tried reading a bunch of old pulp fantasy/dying earth standbys to get a sense of the tradition those books were participating in (Moorcock's Elric books, some of Vance's Dying Earth books) but none of them grabbed me like New Sun.

Have you read the night land or the house on the borderland at all?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
dunno why but im aagain thinking of rezero, and seeing pablo talk about hunter x hunter making me think of the end of chimera ant. anime ftw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It so sick how Chimera Ant goes from it's seemingly straightforward initial setup to that ending

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i just think its insane how it can have so many plates spinning and still have (mostly) all of it land

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Extraction 2. Like a sad dad John Wick without Lore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The one-take prison fight was epic but I accidentally looked at the background and saw the extras kind of just jostling each other around and it took me out of it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I liked “Her” and I’m a bit of a Joaquin head but I did the same during that scene when the real life chick is telling him he’s hosed and some crew guy is walking around checking wires and poo poo in the shot. Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Menchi…

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:mrgw:

That’s one of the parts they truncate a bit. In the manga only Buhara eats pigs. Menchi asks for sushi and they don’t know what it is so people serve her full fish wrapped in rice balls lol. Han I knows what it is due to being a ninja ofc but still fails. You also see hisoka submit his and be rejected too!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

:mrgw:

That’s one of the parts they truncate a bit. In the manga only Buhara eats pigs. Menchi asks for sushi and they don’t know what it is so people serve her full fish wrapped in rice balls lol. Han I knows what it is due to being a ninja ofc but still fails. You also see hisoka submit his and be rejected too!

Lol cool.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I liked “Her” and I’m a bit of a Joaquin head but I did the same during that scene when the real life chick is telling him he’s hosed and some crew guy is walking around checking wires and poo poo in the shot. Lol

Her is a great flick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

Her is a great flick