Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Captain Hygiene posted:

No, no, it's $1.5m not to move in there

$1.5M + expenses to be the one who presses the detonator button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

How did Freddy Mercury’s decorator escape fashion prison?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

Imagine waking up in this room with no memory of how you got there.

I would immediately check my head for bullet wounds.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm not personally into cooking and eating my meals inside an early 90's music video but maybe Annie Lennox is in the market?

E: oh dear God the styles they clash!

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Jun 20, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
How dare you disparage Annie Lennox

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It feels like they ran all the photos through the Photoshop 'add noise' filter and cracked it up real high

I think they're trying to use HDRI. If used properly, it can make the interiors look brighter and more colourful. But if you just crank it up to the max it tends to look super fake, and if you have such an insanely busy interior to begin with it can only come our horrendous.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

sleepy gary posted:

Is the garage carpeted?

looks like it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My bedroom only just fits my bed. I can't get in bed from the side which took a bit of getting used to, but it saves a lot on heating and, well, if I'm in the bedroom I'm gonna be in bed anyway so why the need for more room?

I usually use my bedroom as a pseudo office or living room as well. I much prefer watching TV in bed than on a couch.

Weirdly enough, my ideal bed is the little floor coffins from Dollhouse. That looks so goddamn cozy.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

By popular demand posted:

I'm not personally into cooking and eating my meals inside an early 90's music video but maybe Annie Lennox is in the market?

I'm not going to pretend I don't love that giant tacky purple lips sculpture

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Weirdly enough, my ideal bed is the little floor coffins from Dollhouse. That looks so goddamn cozy.

I think there's an in-floor bed in the Beatles' film Help!. iirc it looked rad as heck and also like a terrible tripping hazard

I still kinda want one for myself

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I always loved the bed nook in Santa Claus: The Movie as a kid:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

SatansOnion posted:

I think there's an in-floor bed in the Beatles' film Help!. iirc it looked rad as heck and also like a terrible tripping hazard
Yeah, that was John's bed.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

The random tchotchkes on the table are making me irrationally angry. I think the melted lollipops are the worst offenders.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah, that was John's bed.

Install a sliding cover, and you get a decent amount of floor space back. Just hope that no one asks about the 6' ceilings.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Soul Dentist posted:

I always loved the bed nook in Santa Claus: The Movie as a kid:

Haven't seen that movie, but that could be a take on the box/closet-beds from a while back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-bed
https://www.amusingplanet.com/2019/11/why-mediaeval-europeans-slept-inside.html

Saw this one at Rembrandt's house/museum (not my photo):

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

My kid would love a bed like that. I think he'd sleep in his closet if we let him.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I slept in a closet at a vacation home (really a cabin/shack) on Fenwick Island in 1966. It was awesome.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 22:42 on Jun 23, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I usually use my bedroom as a pseudo office or living room as well. I much prefer watching TV in bed than on a couch.

I use my living room as a living room, and my study as an office if need be.

I had a TV in my old bedroom but there's nothing on TV anyway. Watched a lot of Nanny, Seinfeld, and Friends on that thing.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Trabant posted:

Haven't seen that movie, but that could be a take on the box/closet-beds from a while back:

This is giving me a flashback to a legendary thread but I can’t quite place it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

All Lennox slander aside.

People make fun of how loud, and busy, and cluttered poo poo like this looks. And they are right to do so.

But what I see is how hard it would be to clean. Coz imagine how bad it looks now, but then imagine it a bit grimy or dusty.

If you are into this aesthetic, it must be a monstrous pain in the arse to keep looking that way.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrigadierSensible posted:

All Lennox slander aside.

People make fun of how loud, and busy, and cluttered poo poo like this looks. And they are right to do so.

But what I see is how hard it would be to clean. Coz imagine how bad it looks now, but then imagine it a bit grimy or dusty.

If you are into this aesthetic, it must be a monstrous pain in the arse to keep looking that way.

You'd have to have the money to afford a full- time house keeper or two. Living like Victorian nobility with a whole staff of people scrubbing from dawn to dusk.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Trabant posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box-bed
https://www.amusingplanet.com/2019/11/why-mediaeval-europeans-slept-inside.html

Saw this one at Rembrandt's house/museum (not my photo):

I unironically love all of these and would have one installed immediately if I could. I have a four-poster bed and pulling the curtains closed to sleep in a little cave is the best goddamned thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Only downside is I can imagine changing the sheets would be a bit of a pain in the rear end. Let alone the mattress. Maybe if there was some access doors?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Oh is that what a dutch oven actually is?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1646184110753284096

Awful!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That had to have been requested by the designer of the house.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Angrily making GBS threads, staring directly into the fireplace, my head wreathed in the flames of Hell

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PYF Bad & Weird Houses: Angrily making GBS threads, staring directly into the fireplace, my head wreathed in the flames of Hell

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I stayed at a place that had a fireplace like this, but with the master bedroom on the other side instead of a bathroom; though the bedroom did have a jacuzzi. Slightly less weird but still seemed odd to me at the time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

aniviron posted:

I stayed at a place that had a fireplace like this, but with the master bedroom on the other side instead of a bathroom; though the bedroom did have a jacuzzi. Slightly less weird but still seemed odd to me at the time.

Well yeah, that's just good old-fashioned regular perving, not this weird poop stuff

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

aniviron posted:

One of my first Airbnb stays was a room being rented out by the owner while they were also there, and the bathroom had a see-through fireplace from the toilet to the living room.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

quote:

The house is of masterwork quality. It contains many gables. The house menaces with spikes of wood. The house menaces with spikes of shingle. The house menaces with spikes of brick.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Someone here has an unhealthy attachment to windows and chimneys.

Grover the 2nd?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have a job lot of brackets from the hardware store and a dream of building my ideal american queen anne house.

nailed it

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 12:16 on Jun 24, 2023

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
We built this city... We built this city on triangles!

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

OwlFancier posted:

I have a job lot of brackets from the hardware store and a dream of building my ideal american queen anne house.

nailed it

I can't hate it: it's stupid but there's a uniform style of design.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

It reminds me of the Addams' Family house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh no it's great it's gaudy as gently caress but it looks awesome. And yeah it's basically the archetypal "haunted house" style.