Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

parthenocarpy posted:

A seemingly unstoppable force ready to depose Putin turn around to instead conduct his warfare. Here's why that's bad for Putin

It feels like a timespitchbot

Oh my god shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Wistfully smiling as I wave goodbye to my troops and greet the agents about to put a bag on my head "there never was a Belarus was there? "

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Think those terms are binding?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

mobby_6kl posted:

They were going to be absorbed into MoD by July anyway so at worst it's the same. Maybe he got Shoigu fired, we'll see.

No, it's like going to Belize. You don't come back.

I'll send you to Belize!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

If Prego thinks he lives past Monday with this deal he is insane

I'm assuming he's reviewing the terms and Moscow is stalling for time, because holy poo poo you don't come at the King and then go "I will be a good boy now"

Prego is way more stupid than I ever thought if he accepts those terms and Poopin in good faith

Putin's probably seething just having to look like he's granting concessions

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
What the gently caress I went to a Ren Faire for the afternoon and Putin capitulated to prigozin? He didn't even try!

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

The parties involved are murderous, ambitious thugs who only care about getting richer but by god they stick to their agreements with each other.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Can someone just tell me how much longer till I can start finding Czar's Gold vodka in stock again?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If prig does anything besides seize the country at this point he's a dead man walking

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Raku posted:

If prig does anything besides seize the country at this point he's a dead man walking

Hopefully the world will be down one ghoulish Nazi in the near future

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

What the gently caress I went to a Ren Faire for the afternoon and Putin capitulated to prigozin? He didn't even try!

Eh, if those details are correct it was more of a "let's just pretend that didn't happen" than a capitulation.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

You probably saw more violence at the Ren Faire, they were all hugging in Russia apparently.

Hasselblad posted:

Can someone just tell me how much longer till I can start finding Czar's Gold vodka in stock again?

I can't sorry buddy. But rest assured that during this downtime Putin is actually making the recipe and blend better. This is good for Russia and for Vodka!

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Eh, if those details are correct it was more of a "let's just pretend that didn't happen" than a capitulation.

Yeah, but Putin isn't the "forgive and forget" type.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

the popes toes posted:

The parties involved are murderous, ambitious thugs who only care about getting richer but by god they stick to their agreements with each other.

They are where they are because they have knives at each other's throats. If you can go, you go. If unsure, you keep agreements, until sure.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Surely this thing never had legs anyway, it's a PMC group full of cowardly Nazi scum, all Putin had to do was get his agents to speak to some on the inside and suggest whoever killed/ displaced Prigozhin would receive x amount of money and it was over, Prigozhin probably saw the writing on the wall, maybe he even just had a close call and realized this poo poo wasn't sustainable.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Wistfully smiling as I wave goodbye to my troops and greet the agents about to put a bag on my head "there never was a Belarus was there? "

First we take about 30h to get comfortable with the idea of Wagner marching on Moscow and now we have to re-adjust and figure out what the deal is, who it benefits and what happens next.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I have no idea what happened today but it strikes me as supremely weird that the Putin crowd could find some sort of understanding with the Wagner folks after this. I would've expected Vlad to tout the "won't negotiate with terrorists" stance governments usually adhere to, but instead we get...some sort of resolution?

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
so much money is flying around right now

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we know what the close call was, its the july 1 deadline to sign all the wagner dudes to the regular military

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's crazy that the richest man on earth used money to solve his problems. I thought Putin was a man of principles

kru
Oct 5, 2003

From state terrorist to defacto ministry of defence. It's normal. Nothing has changed.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

I have no idea what happened today but it strikes me as supremely weird that the Putin crowd could find some sort of understanding with the Wagner folks after this. I would've expected Vlad to tout the "won't negotiate with terrorists" stance governments usually adhere to, but instead we get...some sort of resolution?

Wagner = terrorists was the first official narrative. Currently the Russian narrative has a Wagner reconciliation. They'll continue their warfare in the world, it seems.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kru posted:

From state terrorist to defacto ministry of defence. It's normal. Nothing has changed.

You would be surprised how often that has happened historically.

Generally solving a problem with money and influence is better than solving through force of arms if you can

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Just Chamber posted:

Surely this thing never had legs anyway, it's a PMC group full of cowardly Nazi scum, all Putin had to do was get his agents to speak to some on the inside and suggest whoever killed/ displaced Prigozhin would receive x amount of money and it was over, Prigozhin probably saw the writing on the wall, maybe he even just had a close call and realized this poo poo wasn't sustainable.

Scum, yes, but I wouldn't call a bunch of people known for essentially being suicidal on the battlefield and ready to lay siege to Moscow 'cowardly'.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1672642236012544000
Take it with a grain of salt but

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

If Shoigu and Gerasimov are removed by this pretext and Wagner shuffled off to Belarus it’s a good deal for Russia

The lunacy of what it took to get there makes everyone look incompetent or incredibly ineffective though

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Victis posted:

If Shoigu and Gerasimov are removed by this pretext and Wagner shuffled off to Belarus it’s a good deal for Russia

The lunacy of what it took to get there makes everyone look incompetent or incredibly ineffective though

Hey, maybe Shoigu and Gerasimov have something to say about all this and just haven't said it yet?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

we now return to our regularly scheduled hellish meat grinder

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that said it is pretty funny that we won't need another thread for the Prigozhin Affair after all

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

so the pmc weren't getting the money they needed so they turned around. now they've got the money and are heading back to wipe out the now advancing ukraine troops. putin looks terrible and should've just paid them in the first place. fun stuff. i would've simply paid for proper safety measures on my submersible

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The true victims of this is everyone whose time this wasted

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Just Chamber posted:

From what I have read recently, Prigozhin spent his entire 20s and early 30s in a russian prison from the early 1980's - he's no doughy administrator, he has to have seen and done insanely terrible things. I find it hard to believe he'd be stupid enough to think he can back down and step away untouched after his actions today, unless he has some absolutely crazy leverage.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Victis posted:

God drat Why did I make 30 posts when I could have said this?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

The true victims of this is everyone whose time this wasted

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Runa posted:

that said it is pretty funny that we won't need another thread for the Prigozhin Affair after all

The night is still young.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
This was Wagner at their most effective and they still had to backtrack, twice.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

does america have a wagner?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Outer Heaven (formerly: Belarus)

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

parthenocarpy posted:

It is very clearly stated above. It is so strange that anyone has ruled out even the remote possibility that there could be a beneficial outcome for Russia here - that the nation comes out more united despite whatever reputational hit Putin takes. This is war driven chaos.

lol

"Actually this might organize things into a coherent and neat situation. Everything is chaos and madness."

You made one possibly correct post yesterday, and it's made you insanely dumb and weird lol. Settle down purple skeleton Beavis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
What possible deal can Prigozhin strike that doesn't involve his being tortured to death for making Putin look like a scared little bitch?