Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

GloomMouse posted:

It's always baffling to me when fantasy works will basically say nothing has changed in the world for 10,000+ years or w/e. Like just because someone can yell to make fire happen or dragons exist people would never innovate even just in way to kill each other better. The reality is you'd get weird poo poo with magic mirror mass accelerators but no germ theory bc lol just cast esuna nbd
Having the Demon King murder nine tenths of the living now and again is a good way to explain relative stasis but you'd still have heavy diversity in rediscovery and you would get novelties along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

GloomMouse posted:

It's always baffling to me when fantasy works will basically say nothing has changed in the world for 10,000+ years or w/e. Like just because someone can yell to make fire happen or dragons exist people would never innovate even just in way to kill each other better. The reality is you'd get weird poo poo with magic mirror mass accelerators but no germ theory bc lol just cast esuna nbd

Tensei Slime and Helck actually have some fairly good explanations for thisin the form of cosmic purges by angels and eldrich beings respectively starting with whoever is most tech advanced.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

doomrider7 posted:

Tensei Slime and Helck actually have some fairly good explanations for thisin the form of cosmic purges by angels and eldrich beings respectively starting with whoever is most tech advanced.

Ah yes the Gor approach

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah it's not that you can't write how a reset happened, or keeps happening, it's just tiresome when it's followed up with "...and then we forgot essentially everything, and everything progressed along the exact same path as last time, and is now threatened at the same point in societal/technological development" without getting into why that would be the case.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The junk collector posted:

Ah yes the Gor approach

How popular was Gor in Japan?

It would explain a lot about isekai in general.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I dunno about that stuff, but I do recall playing Hate+ where the foreword basically said "This may take place in space, but it's based on real stuff from Korean history only I had to tone it down to be believable." in terms of just how much knowledge can be lost when a culture has dark ages and purges etc. you don't always need an outside source for these things.

Also when the Romans fell, it took us a millennium to reinvent "Tie a knot in a blood vessel to stop it bleeding"

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Generation ships going to hell are always fun stories, but it's also convenient to tell them since the people are isolated in such an extreme way.

also:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In the latest Me And Roboco, it's time for a food manga!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Elfface posted:

In the latest Me And Roboco, it's time for a food manga!

Don't dox me

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
[X]
"She'll eventually devour me right down to the marrow in my bones" :quagmire:
Zyugoya now has 3 short twitter comics going on and 2 serialized comics. With one on hiatus in each category and I just want his Angel and Demon story to come back.

doomrider7 posted:

I don't know about tensei slime but this kind of idea Always works best for me when sci-fi and fantasy are mixed together. I'm a sucker for the characters finding an ancient ruins and it turns out to be the land of tomorrow.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

[X]
Zyugoya now has 3 short twitter comics going on and 2 serialized comics. With one on hiatus in each category and I just want his Angel and Demon story to come back.

I don't know about tensei slime but this kind of idea Always works best for me when sci-fi and fantasy are mixed together. I'm a sucker for the characters finding an ancient ruins and it turns out to be the land of tomorrow.

Funny you mention Tensei Slime one of the following arcs deals with them spelunking an acient ruined magitek kingdom

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Brought To You By posted:

[X]

Well, now I have to wonder how literal this is... Secretly a monster? Bone-Marrow Transplant?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Elfface posted:

Well, now I have to wonder how literal this is... Secretly a monster? Bone-Marrow Transplant?

It's fetish bait.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nuebot posted:

It's fetish bait.

I think he's asking if this character has a pseudo-penis and whether she gives birth through it.

Edit: this was a joke. I'm sure the comic's fine.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 26, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think he's asking if this character has a pseudo-penis and whether she gives birth through it.

:wtc: She makes this guys favorite food and asks if he's in love yet. This artist also doesn't do those kind of fetishes so the best read is simply these two are going to be very intimate. Y'all are weird.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The artist's fetish is big-boobed horny ladies finding loving and supportive relationships that help them overcome their past traumas.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
With a sideline in monster girls.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The men sometimes also have big boobs.

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea

x

I think Hirayasumi is my favorite slice of life right now. Nice soft lines and a comfy general setting that isn't falling into the trap of leaving everything in general stasis. Characters are developing and moving forward. Hits that early 30s, late 20's "I need to figure out what I'm doing with my life for real" existentialism pretty well.

awkward_turtle fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 26, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

awkward_turtle posted:

I think Hirayasumi is my favorite slice of life right now. Nice soft lines and a comfy general setting that isn't falling into the trap of leaving everything in general stasis. Characters are developing and moving forward. Hits that early 30s, late 20's "I need to figure out what I'm doing with my life for real" existentialism pretty well.

This looks like a cover I'd find on The New Yorker or something. I like it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Whenever I see a manga or anime with a fan like that, I always think of a character going "Wareware wa Uchuujin da!".

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://mangadex.org/title/68112dc1-2b80-4f20-beb8-2f2a8716a430/dandadan

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spider-Man: Octopus Girl

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Amazing. I didn't know I wanted Doc Oct to defeat school bullying but I'm here for it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I liked Spiderman: Fake Red and I'll follow this as well. Plus the artist worked on the excellent My Hero Academia Vigilantes so I know there will be quality visuals.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
watamote

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

x

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation. Well it all started one day when I fell off my apartment's balcony. "
[X]

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

[MARRIAGETOXIN]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Crossposting myself from the Shonen thread

Electric Phantasm posted:

Incredible chapter of MarriageToxin

:stwoon:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

'Tis Time for Torture, Princess

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Djinn

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Someone is translating Hibiki again.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

That was really good! Very tragic, appropriate for the setting.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Reveilled posted:

That was really good! Very tragic, appropriate for the setting.

It's not over yet is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I hope not, there's still a whole third wish to gently caress up for absolutely everyone involved.