Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Denji has to crush this imposter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love the gag of ”we’re going to call chainsaw man!” and Denji running over to his phone expectantly. Denji you idiot lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Jerkface posted:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Jerkface posted:

Denji has to AMONG US sus imposter!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Legit can't wait for for Rational Chainsaw Man vs. haha chainsaw go brrrr Chainsaw Man

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
he's not like me fr

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The interesting thing here to me is that this imposter doesn't necessarily match with the OTHER fake Chainsaw Man we saw save Denji before. It seems a bit at odds with the one that showed up before.

So there could very well be fake Justice Chainsaw Man, Real Denji Chainsaw Man, and then another third Chainsaw Man.

Odds also drastically increase that Yoru can eventually get *A* Chainsaw Man, but not necessarily the *right* Chainsaw Man.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

There are 3 chainsaw mans

Fake chainsaw man vs imposter chainsaw man vs Denji

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

i hope asa and yoru mulch their way through these fake rear end chainsaw ppl or else i want denji to go total denji mode on their asses

copy
Jul 26, 2007

goddamn actually feeling sad for denji. this comic is amazing

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
inside you there are two chainsaw men

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

total denji mode on their asses

You offer ONE guy a rimjob and suddenly it's "your thing"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jerkface posted:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

prominent door imagery (which appears at basically every bad event in the story; we're even using stickers to stand in for bullet holes) and telephone imagery (aki's death) in this chapter. rough night for denji.

the bathroom door being clearly shown as closed but somehow opening for meowy is an interesting image that doesn't quite parse for me yet. but it's very obvious and feels very intentional on the page (the door even opens outward, so meowy can't have pushed it open).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Meowy is a sign that Denji can't give up being Chainsaw Man because he hasn't frigging found Power yet.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

yeah i follow the thematic link on meowy, i mean the "shot of door not being open > shot of door somehow open > meowy appears without movement" sequence we get on the page. in one panel the door is clearly closed and then we don't see it for a bit and then it's just somehow open, with the page 7 shot of the open door almost serving to confirm that the door on page 6 was definitely closed. coming from fujimoto who thinks a lot in terms of film, that kind of visual "continuity error" feels intentional and carries weight (presumably only symbolic/thematic weight and nothing narrative, but you never know). from just the chapter i think you can build a read on it about denji's promise to find power breaking past his logic/defense of self-abnegation and intentional forgetting, but mostly it just makes me think we'll see imagery like this again and the meaning will gradually coalesce.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

my cats have mastered the art of getting me to lean forward and open the door for them if im making GBS threads and they want to make sure im ok

but its interesting to think about what those panels mean, like, symbolically, too

copy
Jul 26, 2007

or if tehy want to make sure im not ok. i dont really know their motivations i just know they want that door open

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It occurs to me that if you wanted to get your mitts on the real Chainsaw Man for nefarious reasons, trotting around a fake Chainsaw Man who has a literal cult worshipping him would be high quality bait

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Having grown up in a house full of cats, I can attest that those fuckers can open any door they want if they're hungry/want to annoy you enough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
denji needs to crash this guy’s next press conference and nut-shot him so hard the super smash bros homerun bat sfx plays

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the most obvious explanation here is that whoever is behind yoshida controls the fake chainsaw man. so having the real one running around being himself would gently caress the whole thing up.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the most obvious explanation here is that whoever is behind yoshida controls the fake chainsaw man. so having the real one running around being himself would gently caress the whole thing up.

That’s a reasonable assumption, but it doesn’t fit with the fake chainsaw man helping Denji + Asa get out of hell and escape the falling devil. So it seems like there’s probably 2 fake chainsaw men, with different objectives.

Also of interest is fakesaw man saying he was created by the Justice Devil.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

It occurs to me that if you wanted to get your mitts on the real Chainsaw Man for nefarious reasons, trotting around a fake Chainsaw Man who has a literal cult worshipping him would be high quality bait

Except the one who will be taking the bait will be obviously Asa/Yoru.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Tv chainsaw man could be yoshida

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Tv chainsaw man could be yoshida

their face being hidden multiple times now kinda begs the question that it's someone we already know ya

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, that sure puts a twist on things.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Having grown up in a house full of cats, I can attest that those fuckers can open any door they want if they're hungry/want to annoy you enough.

In my parents' farmhouse, they used to set up mouse traps in a particular kitchen drawer. The cats would see you open up the drawer and pull out a dead mouse. That's "the mouse drawer." One of them will periodically open the mouse drawer, check for mice, then close it again.

Cats will open everything you hold dear.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Amazon got me my english physical copy of Goodbye Eri today for release day, and it looks great.

Make sure you buy your copy!!! Now I just need to get the rest of Fire Punch, and the Before Chainsaw Man compilations.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i'm wondering if maybe the fake's face is disfigured by the chainsaw coming from their head.

this is based solely on the page where we see that the fake's chainsaw left a wound on their arm after beheading yuko

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the church chainsaw man is working for fami & the justice devil (to whatever extent), who don't seem to really be on the same side as yoshida, as unclear as it is what the sides actually are.

worth noting the church chainsaw man talking about his goal to create a world without devils in which adam & eve will do something, that's definitely not foreshadowing or anything. also a contrast to fami talking about the nostradamus prophecy leading to a world only of devils

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

In my parents' farmhouse, they used to set up mouse traps in a particular kitchen drawer. The cats would see you open up the drawer and pull out a dead mouse. That's "the mouse drawer." One of them will periodically open the mouse drawer, check for mice, then close it again.

Cats will open everything you hold dear.

The Cat Devil is inside of everything everywhere all at once.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Man, Denji wouldn't be able to beat the Cat Devil or the Dog Devil.
And he would be right to lose.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Valentin posted:

yeah i follow the thematic link on meowy, i mean the "shot of door not being open > shot of door somehow open > meowy appears without movement" sequence we get on the page. in one panel the door is clearly closed and then we don't see it for a bit and then it's just somehow open, with the page 7 shot of the open door almost serving to confirm that the door on page 6 was definitely closed. coming from fujimoto who thinks a lot in terms of film, that kind of visual "continuity error" feels intentional and carries weight (presumably only symbolic/thematic weight and nothing narrative, but you never know). from just the chapter i think you can build a read on it about denji's promise to find power breaking past his logic/defense of self-abnegation and intentional forgetting, but mostly it just makes me think we'll see imagery like this again and the meaning will gradually coalesce.

Also, the next dialogue being about vegetables :classiclol:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Cat Devil is inside of everything everywhere all at once.

Well, yes and no

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Scholtz posted:

Well, yes and no

:golfclap:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Could it be imposter syndrome devil or something of that sort? Not joking around either, I imagine imposter syndrome would affect both Denji and be something Fujimoto may have dealt with, so it may be something he would write about.

It would be a devil that could mimic abilities of others but not as well. It would still want to actually carry out the duties of those it mimics making it somewhat amiable to humans if it is mimicking chainsawman.

I dunno, after the falling Devil reveal after the many theories that came up, I keep thinking "keep it simple, stupid".

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Having a clearly defined objective and logical reasons for your actions??? yeah this chumpsawman ain't gonna last long if he ever faces higher level devils

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I maintain that that particular fake Chainsaw Man is the Chainsaw Man Devil.

Churchsaw Man is gonna get his rear end beat, and I am excited for it. And then Justice Devil. Someone needs to murder Justice Devil already.