Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
poo poo, honestly you don’t even need significant time dedicated to them. There’s already intermission clips for halfway through the episode, they could just replace the stock arc with a relevant drawing of a cover arc. They just don’t care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
A filler idea that doesn’t consume any runtime seems a bit incoherent.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It's not like filler focusing on secondary characters is unknown. Going back to my Naruto comparison, Naruto Shippudden had plenty of it, and even in Part I, there were filler arcs that gave some focus/backstory to characters like Ibiki, Anko, and Kurenai, even if Naruto was still the main character.

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think the Enel arc has the issue that the moon people stuff will probably come back into the story later, and we could even visit the moon at some point. Fleshing it out more could reveal stuff Oda doesn't want to reveal yet/lock him into decisions he doesn't want to make yet/result in an arc that ends up getting contradicted by later chapters.

Let me be the one to state that all y'all who still think Enel's Moon Quest will have any significance to One Piece's plot going forward are out of your gourd. It won't happen. There's a lot of story left to tell but the Moon people won't be in it. :colbert:

Don't quote this post in 5 years to dunk on me

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

but they are already in it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Yeah, the Warlords have been replaced by Moon people, and the Straw Hats are in the middle of a fight with them.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

It's a funny coincidence that we have, in Enel, a powerful electric man on the moon and then separately, in the Minks, a group of electric people who power up when looking at the moon.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

GruntMountain posted:

It's a funny coincidence that we have, in Enel, a powerful electric man on the moon and then separately, in the Minks, a group of electric people who power up when looking at the moon.

A combo Enel/Minks attack called "Electric Slide" is only just behind Luffy screaming "Gomo Gomu No Heat Sea-King Missile" on my list of most-wanted rad move names for the climax of the story.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Remember when Baron Tamago had a move called Legs Benedict? Holy poo poo what a pun.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Is Pekoms just dead now. Does Baron Tamago reset from rooster mode to egg mode. Is Big Mom's territory falling apart after the one-two combo of her being defeated and Blackbeard's captains taking Pudding/ hitting their home base and knocking down the forces there at the same time.

I have so many questions

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It is kinda wild that Pekoms had a whole like character arc of which side he should be loyal to and then people pointing out that he has an abnormally strong and uncontrollable Sulong form and then he finally makes his big choice to protect Luffy, goes Sulong, and then immediately gets his poo poo kicked in by like 50 Big Mom Kids and is never seen or mentioned again

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asuron posted:

Is Pekoms just dead now. Does Baron Tamago reset from rooster mode to egg mode. Is Big Mom's territory falling apart after the one-two combo of her being defeated and Blackbeard's captains taking Pudding/ hitting their home base and knocking down the forces there at the same time.

I have so many questions

Tamago does loop back to egg form yeah, think Oda confirmed it in a SBS. Still one of the weirdest devil fruit powers. According to the wiki it’s even classified as a Zoan type

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 28, 2023

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
bon clay got it bad too when magellan with his op rear end fruit was going to kill him yet he's confirmed to be alive and running newkama land in a cover page

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Drakkel posted:

It is kinda wild that Pekoms had a whole like character arc of which side he should be loyal to and then people pointing out that he has an abnormally strong and uncontrollable Sulong form and then he finally makes his big choice to protect Luffy, goes Sulong, and then immediately gets his poo poo kicked in by like 50 Big Mom Kids and is never seen or mentioned again

Gonna just assume Pekoms made it out when Sanji and the Germas suddenly appeared to save Luffy.

But yeah Pekoms felt wasted for all that buildup.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I have a feeling Pekoms is going to pop up again somewhere down the line, there's no way any character in One Piece would be left dangling on a note like that.

Unless their name is Gin. Because Gin is super loving dead. :v:

Asuron posted:

Is Big Mom's territory falling apart after the one-two combo of her being defeated and Blackbeard's captains taking Pudding/ hitting their home base and knocking down the forces there at the same time.

It may not be explicit text yet, but it sure feels like they're heading that way. The Whole Cake arc made a big deal about how important reputation and influence were to Big Mom's operation, so it makes sense that she'd stand to loose the most from such a long string of very public gently caress-ups.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't remember, was it in the manga itself or just a little anime addition where Big Mom's kids were arguing over who would take over if she died? When they're going up the waterfall into Wano and King kicks them back down and they think Mom might have drowned, Perospero says he'll take over and the others start bitching that Katakuri is the clear choice for new leader.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That was in the manga

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Maybe Pekoms has been around more recently than we thought...

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Showed a couple friends the first four eps of One Piece the other day. They dug it! Also included clips from later recaps of Luffy getting the scar and punching the sea monster, from the first chapter. Gotta have it.

An anime filler bit I like is in ep 4 when Zoro has that moment where his expression shows that he gets Luffy on the hat thing. How he has an epic touching connection to the hat giver. Those guys became bros fast.

On the anime pacing, and the time slot etc, there are oodles of ways they could fix it. I guess they don't mind since the money is rolling in. But it would rule if they fixed up the pace, even back to 1.5 ch per episode. 2 ch per episode average would be glorious. 2 ch and the occasional 3 or 4 for fights like in the early days would be too glorious.

To me a simple solution would be shorter episodes. Include a five minute omake theater type of thing, and maybe an SBS type of segment. So per minute of the story part you could be getting that faster pace, even though you'd need to save them up and marathon watch a bit, which I'd do anyway.

So by making the episode 2/3rds of the regular length, with bonus side material, the pacing of the main part could be that much faster. And if you made the episode half length, could make it twice the pace, while still not catching up to the manga any sooner.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 28, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I feel like we will see a bit more of the former Big Mom pirates if only to fulfill Capone's wish to watch the organisation fall into chaos with its leader dead

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Succession but anime is the post-copyright future our AI overlords truly want.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BoosterDuck posted:

bon clay got it bad too when magellan with his op rear end fruit was going to kill him yet he's confirmed to be alive and running newkama land in a cover page

Post Bon Clay being unofficial Straw Hat crew GOAT ITT

Imagine if that was an actual Straw Hat sacrificing themselves :allears:

Bon Clay would 100% join the Straw Hat Grand Fleet

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Heavy Metal posted:

Showed a couple friends the first four eps of One Piece the other day. They dug it! Also included clips from later recaps of Luffy getting the scar and punching the sea monster, from the first chapter. Gotta have it.

An anime filler bit I like is in ep 4 when Zoro has that moment where his expression shows that he gets Luffy on the hat thing. How he has an epic touching connection to the hat giver. Those guys became bros fast.

On the anime pacing, and the time slot etc, there are oodles of ways they could fix it. I guess they don't mind since the money is rolling in. But it would rule if they fixed up the pace, even back to 1.5 ch per episode. 2 ch per episode average would be glorious. 2 ch and the occasional 3 or 4 for fights like in the early days would be too glorious.

To me a simple solution would be shorter episodes. Include a five minute omake theater type of thing, and maybe an SBS type of segment. So per minute of the story part you could be getting that faster pace, even though you'd need to save them up and marathon watch a bit, which I'd do anyway.

So by making the episode 2/3rds of the regular length, with bonus side material, the pacing of the main part could be that much faster. And if you made the episode half length, could make it twice the pace, while still not catching up to the manga any sooner.

They should do a rerun of the show and show old episodes every two weeks and a new one every two weeks. Twice the time to work on each episode if they need to keep their slot. There are probably hundreds of thousands of kids in Japan who hasn't ever seen the first half of the show and even more who haven't seen it since forever.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BoosterDuck posted:

That's because Bon Clay had the most powerful move of on all on his side, Friendship

Infinitum posted:

Post Bon Clay being unofficial Straw Hat crew GOAT ITT

Imagine if that was an actual Straw Hat sacrificing themselves :allears:

Bon Clay better show up again before the end. If he doesn't I'll never be able to recommend One Piece again

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I can see this happening, the Grand Fleet is a good device for bringing ally characters back without having to further bloat the main cast

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah Bon Clay is gonna be leading the Impel Down fleet when that place eventually gets busted open again

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I feel like we will see a bit more of the former Big Mom pirates if only to fulfill Capone's wish to watch the organisation fall into chaos with its leader dead

Perospero was also defeated on Wano (presumably imprisoned), so I don't think there will be any obstacles to Katakuri taking over.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bon chan is so good. wonderful character.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scholtz posted:

https://twitter. com/sandman_AP/status/1673548940577509376

Oda, please. This is getting to NSFW territory

Yes, Oda, Please

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1674111739284312065?s=20

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
It's kinda crazy that they're already there in the dub. They've covered over 100 episodes in less than 6 months.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The official release is still about 24 episodes behind 1000, which is just over two "batches" away, so I'm guessing they expedited #1000 for that panel. Still, it's cool.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

Yeah Bon Clay is gonna be leading the Impel Down fleet when that place eventually gets busted open again
It just occurred to me that the next breakout from Impel Down will include everyone from Dressrossa, including Senor Pink. I want to see him and Bon Clay become comrades!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Maybe Pekoms has been around more recently than we thought...

For some reason I thought of Judge Doom making the dagger eyes. Would be hosed up if Imu ate the Dip-Dip Fruit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Would fit as a foil to Joyboy

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Would fit as a foil to Joyboy

Live action Imu played by Christopher Lloyd, coming to Netflix in 202Never

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, Christopher Lloyd would have made a banger Woop Slap. Which is a fantastic name that I learned using Google to find out how to spell Luffy's home town.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
When oda's eye surgery is done, do you think it's going to be break week?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’ll probably be breaking down crying at how hype the new chap is, so sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/onepiecenetflix/status/1674394785757425665

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO