Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Arc Hammer posted:

Any good online retailers that ship to Canada I should be looking at? My local hobby shop has like a million things on back order so they've got basically no G Witch kits available. At this point I'd rather just order something and have it come eventually than keep playing the lottery and hoping my shop gets a shipment in.

My buddy orders a bunch of stuff from this place called Niigs out of Edmonton, I think. I always just piggyback on his orders so I don't really know how they operate. But it's nice to have our stuff show up a couple days after ordering unlike with HLJ.

Also I noticed a "random rear end crap" store opened up in the mall (yes I was at the mall, to go to the record store, to buy a blu ray; it's 2010 again guys) and while walking by I saw they had like 9 different gunpla kits. A couple big ticket ones too, like RG Hi Nu and the Penelope. I just thought that was weird, technically I now have two places within walking distance that sell gunpla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Any good online retailers that ship to Canada I should be looking at? My local hobby shop has like a million things on back order so they've got basically no G Witch kits available. At this point I'd rather just order something and have it come eventually than keep playing the lottery and hoping my shop gets a shipment in.

https://www.hawkcollectibles.ca/

They've got a bunch of Witch stuff up, including the FM Aerial. Ordered from them before with no issues.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Diet Poison posted:

My buddy orders a bunch of stuff from this place called Niigs out of Edmonton, I think. I always just piggyback on his orders so I don't really know how they operate. But it's nice to have our stuff show up a couple days after ordering unlike with HLJ.

Also I noticed a "random rear end crap" store opened up in the mall (yes I was at the mall, to go to the record store, to buy a blu ray; it's 2010 again guys) and while walking by I saw they had like 9 different gunpla kits. A couple big ticket ones too, like RG Hi Nu and the Penelope. I just thought that was weird, technically I now have two places within walking distance that sell gunpla.

Seconding NiiG. I’m local so it was pretty interesting to drive to a U of A parking lot and see the store was just basically someone sitting at a window in a university strip mall with mountains of gunpla stacked up and no way to browse for customers. Usually cheaper than other stores too (well at least better than Comex Hobby in the West Edmonton Mall) but parking/bus adds a few dollars for same day pickup. If you’re shipping I think they do $15 flat rate in Canada without insurance.

I’ve been relying on them to let me know when the next G Witch gunpla show up because I want Calibarn and Schwarzette god dammit.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Adding another vote for NiiG. They're the best and the dude will ship your order in like 15 minutes.
https://torchlightgh.com is a bit overpriced but keeps stock longer than other places. They have a good amount of Witch kits right now. They also have a lower free shipping threshold.
https://gundamhangar.com/ is also cool, but more focused on P-Bandai stuff.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

quote:

NiiG

How do they suggest their name be pronounced?

MoukoKHZ
Sep 23, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, Gyoubu's new Scoobee comes out next month

https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu/status/1672567423592173568?s=20

And here I was thinking Phantom Crash was coming back.

:smith:

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Cat Hatter posted:

How do they suggest their name be pronounced?

I think of it as NeeGee. It started out as Nii Gift Shop, selling mostly Japanese character goods. Maybe the extra i was added to ni to make it look less maybe racist?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Skrillmub posted:

I think of it as NeeGee. It started out as Nii Gift Shop, selling mostly Japanese character goods. Maybe the extra i was added to ni to make it look less maybe racist?

I always thought it had to do with, uh, there's a place called Niigata isn't there? Yes, it's a Japanese prefecture. I always thought it was to do with that. But yeah, sure not a great name out of context.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/hobbysite/status/1674160811349282818?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MoukoKHZ posted:

And here I was thinking Phantom Crash was coming back.

:smith:

The Sunduality robots are actually called Cradle Coffins, which is pretty cool

But for the time being when I see them I still think of that one Scoobee manufacturer with the big round cockpit torsos.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Skrillmub posted:

I checked out the website and it's styled as Nii G Shop

Unfortunate url in a vacuum

Kinda like how it would have been weird today if the league that Calgary's basketball team was in had never folded, cause they were named after the year we had the olympics

That's right, the Calgary 88's

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Phy posted:

Unfortunate url in a vacuum

Could be worse. At least it isn't that "Children's Exchange" place that comes up in the "Things that look nsfw but aren't" threads.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1674039725634600961?s=20

The three new Armored Core kits are up for preorder at looks like whatever retailer you prefer, I checked USA Gundam and they also had them up.

I think they're just reprints, unfortunately.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

chiasaur11 posted:

I think they're just reprints, unfortunately.

They definitely are

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Cat Hatter posted:

Could be worse. At least it isn't that "Children's Exchange" place that comes up in the "Things that look nsfw but aren't" threads.

There's an Apple reseller in the UK that used to be called (or still is?) Stormfront. You know, like the nazi website. I think the url for their website was even somewhat close to the nazi one too, just with .co.uk at the end instead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm halfway through building the Aerial Frame Aestivalis, and wishing I'd remembered I have a Metallic Blue marker too to have jazzed up the blue parts on this thing before I built it. Oh well, it still looks real nice straight-built.

Though one odd bit of note with the forearms;

What is this tiny Lego Technic fuckery going on with the forearms?

edit: Good Smile, why the gently caress would you design the takeout container in such a way that it can't actually be held by the robot? :psyduck:

The handle's a shade too short to get the hold-stuff hand around it.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 29, 2023

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Would a garage space be big enough to work with resin? I usually build and paint in my room but I know resin is more dangerous and needs more PPE and space.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pierson posted:

Would a garage space be big enough to work with resin? I usually build and paint in my room but I know resin is more dangerous and needs more PPE and space.

ventilation and a mask matter way more than space

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1674614296234319874?s=20

Ah gently caress I can't believe you've done this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Whoa

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oooh fuuuuck. The fire pattern's simple enough they should just come painted on the runners too :eyepop:.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TRAILS OF FIRE

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shipping is a gently caress from the goodsmile USA store (48 bucks lmao) but it's also on HLJ.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

drat that guy looks slick. there's a store of theirs not outrageously far from me so I hope they have a pick up in store option that might save me on shipping

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1674727343255080961?t=DWsSB1m54ziKbhvdujZoYA&s=19

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

What? The bulge is supposed to...

Oh. :gonk: Where's my loving file?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The nubs are canon now. If you cut any off of any kits you own, you have to put them back on now.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The nubs are canon now. If you cut any off of any kits you own, you have to put them back on now.

It's not even the nub. The nub isn't aligned with the tip of the V-fin.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Twitter links are just not working for me today, everything is redirecting me to login

(usually I keep embeds off in the app so when it's video it doesn't eat my data, but I had to turn it on to see what was going on here)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Phy posted:

Twitter links are just not working for me today, everything is redirecting me to login

Yeah no that's by design, they decided to change that today

We're all free, it's wonderful

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

It's not even the nub. The nub isn't aligned with the tip of the V-fin.

Check some of your HGs again sometime, they do that sometimes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kantesu posted:

Check some of your HGs again sometime, they do that sometimes.

Yeah, iirc, it's a safety feature for children. Less eye-poking/lacerating potential.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, finished the Chainsaw Man model kits Bandai put out. It's the candy toy team, not the main team, so it's got a different approach (for example, a lot of painted parts) and it's shockingly expensive for something that includes a piece of candy, but it has a bunch of spare parts, theoretically can move pretty well, and there's a little Pochita figure. Unfortunately, some parts are trickier to get to stay in place when moving them around, but yeah. Nice little builds, and it's fun to see how the shokugan division approaches building larger figures.

Big guy, too. Same size as the figma, but for less than half the price.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kibner posted:

Yeah, iirc, it's a safety feature for children. Less eye-poking/lacerating potential.

So I checked, and I'm still dubious. Adding some red-lines to call attention to what I mean but.... you're telling me the alignment here is a safety feature to... protect eyes? :confused:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Warmachine posted:

So I checked, and I'm still dubious. Adding some red-lines to call attention to what I mean but.... you're telling me the alignment here is a safety feature to... protect eyes? :confused:

I don't know why, but they actually are like that on many HG's I've built, I'm looking at one right now. The extra mass under the fin is not flush with the end

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
It's an under match in the tool to make the parting lines easier to maintain on a small feature on kits.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Warmachine posted:

No, the mass on the bottom that turns the v-fin from a very sharp and pointy thing to a more blunt pointy thing is the safety feature. You would remove that mass if you wanted the v-fin to be show-accurate.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Kibner posted:

No, the mass on the bottom that turns the v-fin from a very sharp and pointy thing to a more blunt pointy thing is the safety feature. You would remove that mass if you wanted the v-fin to be show-accurate.

everyone understands that, that post is about how the edge of the vfin and the edge of the safety nub aren't aligned

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It's factually accurate as it appears on actual sprues, it's never aligned properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
So, keep in mind that this The O kit is from 2002/2003. It uses polycaps, doesn't have as much color separation as I would like (all like 50 boosters should be bright green like the two on the skirt), and it doesn't have enough articulation to get around the bulk.

With that said, this is one of my favorite kits. It just resonates with me and I had a blast building it. It might just be the chonk, the two mini hands under the skirt, being able to wield four swords, the color scheme, or just the silhouette. Whatever it is, it brings a smile to my face looking at it.

Here are some pics. The final one is an RG Zaku, HG The O, and MG EW Heavyarms.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 2, 2023