Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hope people just refuse to pay the loans when they start payment again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I hope people just refuse to pay the loans when they start payment again.

The government will just garnish your wages

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its legal to discriminate against gays as a business again. thanks scotus way to go

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The government will just garnish your wages

okay i'll let them go through that process and figure it all out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

its legal to discriminate against gays as a business again. thanks scotus way to go

yeah. mre bad poo poo from this court everyday. We need to vote them out!!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1674794439657795591

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

In his conclusion, Roberts also says that it "has become a disturbing feature of some recent opinions to criticize the decisions with which they disagree as going beyond the proper role of the judiciary." He stresses that today's decision used "the traditional tools of judicial decisionmaking" and although reasonable minds may disagree "[w]e do not mistake this plainly heartfelt disagreement for disparagement. It is important that the public not be misled either. Any such misperception would be harmful to this institution and our country."

lmao shut the gently caress up bitch

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

gee i wonder who the "undecided official" was couldn't be meltybrains joe

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Welp, time to call my loan servicer

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Time to pitch my idea for a new law, the "student loan forgiveness and dismembering scotus judges if they try to block it" act 2023

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

In his conclusion, Roberts also says that it "has become a disturbing feature of some recent opinions to criticize the decisions with which they disagree as going beyond the proper role of the judiciary." He stresses that today's decision used "the traditional tools of judicial decisionmaking" and although reasonable minds may disagree "[w]e do not mistake this plainly heartfelt disagreement for disparagement. It is important that the public not be misled either. Any such misperception would be harmful to this institution and our country."

give me my $20000 roberts you fat gently caress

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Buschmaki posted:

Welp, time to call my loan servicer

Oh yeah my loan servicer changed during the 3 years I didn't have to pay anything

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

remember when he and others said, under oath, that roe v Wade was settled law? lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah my loan servicer changed during the 3 years I didn't have to pay anything

mine changed from navient to Something Else but i haven't thought about it in so long that i have no idea how to access it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

mine changed from navient to Something Else but i haven't thought about it in so long that i have no idea how to access it

I think I'm at Nelnex now. The first time the deadline was coming up they sent me something about making an account with them, but then the second time, they didn't even pretend the deadline wasn't going to get extended.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

same here, it made me wonder whether there's been some sort of restructuring in the student loan debt industry

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

QUEER FRASIER posted:

same here, it made me wonder whether there's been some sort of restructuring in the student loan debt industry

Yeah iirc both navient and great lakes got out of the student loan business

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah a lot of people had their loans sent to nelnet because the holding companies don’t wanna deal with the headache of the loans starting back up because there’s gonna be a huge amount of people who did the application for forgiveness and have been blissfully unaware of what’s happened this entire time, they just know they didn’t have payments anymore. Between that, people being unable to pay, and the deluge of angry calls it’s better to sell the load of poo poo to some other sucker

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah a lot of people had their loans sent to nelnet because the holding companies don’t wanna deal with the headache of the loans starting back up because there’s gonna be a huge amount of people who did the application for forgiveness and have been blissfully unaware of what’s happened this entire time, they just know they didn’t have payments anymore. Between that, people being unable to pay, and the deluge of angry calls it’s better to sell the load of poo poo to some other sucker

yeah not sure if the direct deposits will even work still. we've changed some of our banking in the last 3 years

:iiam:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

there are so many laws + policies that benefit a few people rather than the whole, god forbid it be debtors here

i hate this egg gently caress!!

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1674795482332413952

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

there are so many laws + policies that benefit a few people rather than the whole, god forbid it be debtors here

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/FO9VPcf.mp4

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

does this idiot think that people not paying loans in the past 3 years contributed to inflation?

did PPP contribute to inflation?

e: oh okay

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1563137800433979394?lang=bn

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 16:20 on Jun 30, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

does this idiot think that people not paying loans in the past 3 years contributed to inflation?

did PPP contribute to inflation?

i mean yeah in a grand sense it did but also who gives a gently caress

inflation could always have been curbed by taxes on the rich instead of making mortgages unaffordable or sapping the paychecks of loan-havers

shut the gently caress up matty

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

inflation could always have been curbed by taxes on the rich instead of making mortgages unaffordable or sapping the paychecks of loan-havers

shut the gently caress up matty

yeah I get that but his argument is 'well we shouldn't do it anyway because inflation" but when it benefits anyone else it's "my wealthy friends will benefit so it's good actually"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/hammancheez/status/1674798646934622208?s=46&t=9nFKYRRsh7eE66CaEgvzCw

Jesus Christ

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tbh I've always thought of all the things Biden could do student debt is one of the lower priorities, but also he's not gonna do poo poo in general and I'm in favor of forgiving debts as an abstract principle

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lol Twitter won’t let you click through without an account anymore? That’s gonna kill it I think

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Jun 30, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/srl/status/1674795201708314625

lol this motherfucker

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol Twitter won’t let you click through with an account anymore? That’s gonna kill it I think

yeah i noticed that, lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yeah well my student loans are disturbing, bitch

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
lmao my provider change to MOHELA during the pandemic. I can't wait to give them a couple hundred bucks a month now.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol Twitter won’t let you click through without an account anymore? That’s gonna kill it I think

you can still open images in a new window if you right-click

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

discoukulele posted:

lmao my provider change to MOHELA during the pandemic. I can't wait to give them a couple hundred bucks a month now.

i lived in poverty until, uh, last month, so hopefully my income keeps it at zero until jan 1 2025

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

In his conclusion, Roberts also says that it "has become a disturbing feature of some recent opinions to criticize the decisions with which they disagree as going beyond the proper role of the judiciary."
Somebody's never read the spicy dissents of the past, most recently from Scalia.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

I voted for lovely dems and they failed me (I mean Obama caved to Repubs on his own appointment and RBG's dumb rear end refused to retire in time). I should just VOTE HARDER next time.

Love Rat has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Jun 30, 2023

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

incredible. I lold and I lmaod

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Love Rat posted:

I voted for lovely dems and they failed me (I mean Obama caved to Repubs on his own appointment and RBG's dumb rear end refused to retire in time). I should just VOTE HARDER next time.

Yeah! I voted for a different... supreme court justice??

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah! I voted for a different... supreme court justice??

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the Dems failed to impact court appointments when it mattered. The whole VOTE argument basically states that the only standing between me and right-wing SCOTUS tyranny is voting for Dems. Well I've voted for these losers since 2000, and they've never managed to protect any right from right-wing courts. Hell, they couldn't even defend their own election results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Love Rat posted:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the Dems failed to impact court appointments when it mattered. The whole VOTE argument is basically the only standing between me and right-wing SCOTUS tyranny is voting for Dems. Well I've voted for these losers since 2000, and they've never managed to protect any right from right-wing courts.

Oh no i completely agree with you im arguing with the tweet, a long running cspam tradition