Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
It's funny to think about how Hakari got his sliding door pachinko technique. Cursed techniques manifest at the age of 6, so it's possible Hakari had a pachinko-based technique before he even knew what pachinko, or even the concept of gambling, was. Or he was an underage gambling god. Or he was born destined to be a gambling god since cursed energy is tied to fate or something like that. Maybe one random day, 6-year-old Hakari discovered he was able to summon sliding doors, and the rules for pachinko instantly flashed through his mind, like how the sure-hit for his domain expansion functions. From not even knowing it even existed to complete understanding.

CharlestonJew posted:

You have to remember that in Anime World every fighting style is pretty much equal to each other, in a medium where a common and extremely effective fighting style is “I only use kicks”

True, but Gege really emphasized this one. There's a page that looks like the versus screen of any fighting game with Kashimo in an open palm stance vs Hakari posing like a Jojo character. Plus,the fight itself was basically electric ipman beating down a brawler guy with infinite hp. For every one (devastating) hit that Hakari got in, Kashimo countered with 3 hit elbow-knee-punch combos like he was in the Tekken universe or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another Chapter

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7413/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-227-review-1688065290

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:allears:

All those rules and restrictions? Throw them out the window. It's jazz now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

:allears:

All those rules and restrictions? Throw them out the window. It's jazz now.

Honestly, it is just everyone who isn't at the level of "greatest of their generation" seeing first hand how people that defy logic truly compete. Okkutsu probably never thought to use RCT to heal a cursed technique but he could probably do it, he just lacked the imagination. On top of that it's been well established that Sukuna's precision with cursed energy is ridiculously high and he doesn't have the Six Eyes as an excuse, he fully understands seemingly every aspect of cursed energy and its applications.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
JJK good

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Honestly, it is just everyone who isn't at the level of "greatest of their generation" seeing first hand how people that defy logic truly compete. Okkutsu probably never thought to use RCT to heal a cursed technique but he could probably do it, he just lacked the imagination. On top of that it's been well established that Sukuna's precision with cursed energy is ridiculously high and he doesn't have the Six Eyes as an excuse, he fully understands seemingly every aspect of cursed energy and its applications.

Yeah I'm reading this poo poo much more as The rules people thought were absolute is actually not true and it took two geniuses fighting to show what is truly possible.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
You kinda have to wonder how Gege is gonna up the ante for the final battles considering the amount of straight-up bullshit (in a good way) that is going on right now. I can't say I loved the other Kenjaku fight, so, uh, we'll see.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

You kinda have to wonder how Gege is gonna up the ante for the final battles considering the amount of straight-up bullshit (in a good way) that is going on right now. I can't say I loved the other Kenjaku fight, so, uh, we'll see.

Just do a bleach and have no final fight, cut to epilogue and leave everyone disappointed.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Looking forward to Gojo Satoru handing Yuji an arrow macguffin made of cursed energy to shoot at Kenjaku.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
oh geez, this means that every time we've seen Sukuna use his domain expansion, it's always been modified with custom conditions appropriate for the situation through a binding vow. Kind of obvious in hindsight, since the first time he used it on the finger bearer, it didn't annihilate everything around it like it did in Shibuya. He can use it precisely or for mass destruction and can probably adjust the amount of CE it consumes this way too. No wonder he isn't hesitant to just throw it out there, it's basically a normal technique to him and not some huge gambit finishing move. This guy is nuts

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Looking forward to Gojo Satoru handing Yuji an arrow macguffin made of cursed energy to shoot at Kenjaku.

nooo :cry: don't shoot him with the arrow. his stand will only get stronger

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This fight has extremely strong "two young kids playing on the playground" vibes. "Nu-uh! You can't do that! My domain says you can't." "Yes huh, I turned MY domain inside out so it beat up your domain!" "Well, fine, I'll use MY reverse cursed energy to heal my cursed energy!"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

This fight has extremely strong "two young kids playing on the playground" vibes. "Nu-uh! You can't do that! My domain says you can't." "Yes huh, I turned MY domain inside out so it beat up your domain!" "Well, fine, I'll use MY reverse cursed energy to heal my cursed energy!"

Well I used a secret technique that makes me double invincible!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s getting a vs game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96okm2lfrYs

Though it won’t emulate how Gojo can’t be touched it seems.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Give me Todo and give me Boogie Woogie. That is all I ask and I'll day 1 purchase it no matter what.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
why did viz rename Bom Ba Ye, anyway? is it copyrighted?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Oxxidation posted:

why did viz rename Bom Ba Ye, anyway? is it copyrighted?

NJPW has used that as the title of events in the past. It may be an attempt to head off any concerns about getting entangled in the estate of Inoki in general.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

It incapsulates the essence of shonen, in other words!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
speaking of NJPW, this fight is shaping up to be like a NJPW Wrestle Kingdom main event where the wrestlers start kicking out of moves that would have pinned lesser men. Gege is a pro wrestling fan so it has to be intentional.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Give me Todo and give me Boogie Woogie. That is all I ask and I'll day 1 purchase it no matter what.

Speaking of Todo, where is he? Even if he cant use his technique anymore with one arm he should still be watching the fight with everyone else

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Speaking of Todo, where is he? Even if he cant use his technique anymore with one arm he should still be watching the fight with everyone else

Story has basically forgotten anyone who isn't combat capable from before Shibuya. The fact that Todo can still use his technique in conjuction with another hand from someone makes his absence even more egregious. Just have someone on standby next to him with their hand out and his power would still greatly benefit an organized attack on Sukuna or Kenjaku even with the great risk to both Todo and his partner.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Todo lost his technique forever bc mahito altered his soul or something. Anyone remember the nameless swordsman and the kappa dude?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Todo is currently attending Takada's Christmas Concert

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Todo lost his technique forever bc mahito altered his soul or something. Anyone remember the nameless swordsman and the kappa dude?

Unless Gege said something in an interview, Todo didn't lose his technique. Seconds after losing his hand he slapped Mahito's hand to teleport from danger. Boogie Woogie just requires todo slap two hands together, it doesn't require both hands be his just one. The swordsman and kappa were honestly fun but weak characters to help Maki get sudden development to her character. With her using her sister/sword and the Kappa dude's power being actually useless it's no wonder they got forgotten.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Lily Catts posted:

speaking of NJPW, this fight is shaping up to be like a NJPW Wrestle Kingdom main event where the wrestlers start kicking out of moves that would have pinned lesser men. Gege is a pro wrestling fan so it has to be intentional.

The build up to Bryan vs Okada felt like it was for this fight

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

Unless Gege said something in an interview, Todo didn't lose his technique. Seconds after losing his hand he slapped Mahito's hand to teleport from danger. Boogie Woogie just requires todo slap two hands together, it doesn't require both hands be his just one. The swordsman and kappa were honestly fun but weak characters to help Maki get sudden development to her character. With her using her sister/sword and the Kappa dude's power being actually useless it's no wonder they got forgotten.

That last clap was what killed the technique. He touched Mahito's hand which was primed for human transfiguration, altering his soul and thus removing his ability to use the technique. That's why he said Boogie Woogie is already dead after his awesome "clapping is the acclimation of the soul" line. I guess it's not explicitly stated, but why else would he say something like that.

referring to this panel where he lost boogie woogie

yum fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 2, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I read that as his technique being "dead" the same way Hakari's domain is "dead" when he loses his arm to Kashimo. His hand is intact and Mahito had no way of knowing Boogie Woogie wouldn't work in that split second. I figure he just intended to kill Todo by exploding him Nanami style and got surprised. That would also explain why Mahito thought Boogie Woogie would still work even when Todo was missing one hand, because it was not a conscious effort to try and remove the technique on his part.

I still get the reasoning, but I require Gege to be explicit here to confirm anything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I am pretty sure that Todo was just bluffing Mahito so Yuji could get the final hit in.

Also Hidden Inventory/Premature Death in 4 days yay.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The mangaka really likes his scientific concepts. Gojo probably changed his domain where it is smaller on the outside but bigger on the inside.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m assuming Gojo made his domain so small that the malevolent shrine can’t fit in it and gets crushed lol. It’s hard to tell how small the domain is right now. I assumed the size of a compact car but maybe it’s tennis ball sized. I assume even if the space is tennis ball sized and bigger inside it still is too small for shrine to fit in. God it’s so good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
My guess is that he increased his domain size to fully encompass Sukuna’s Domain, then shrunk it down to migate the quality loss.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah I am pretty sure that Todo was just bluffing Mahito so Yuji could get the final hit in.

Also Hidden Inventory/Premature Death in 4 days yay.

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1675686439583973376

Didn't know they had this planned out so far, but yeah Shibuya at the end of August :stoked:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

I still get the reasoning, but I require Gege to be explicit here to confirm anything.

Gege is really bad about this when it comes to the fates of off-panel characters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, like it's still not clear where Nanami is. I assume he's healing after his fight with Mahito but I really wish the cast would bring him up.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Yeah, like it's still not clear where Nanami is. I assume he's healing after his fight with Mahito but I really wish the cast would bring him up.

Nobody tell him

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

buddy... :cry:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

MonsterEnvy posted:

It’s getting a vs game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96okm2lfrYs

Though it won’t emulate how Gojo can’t be touched it seems.

This game became perfect the second they let you jump your enemies. peak JJK.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

I can see it being this way. I hope before the end, Todo, Nobora, Nanami, and everyone else come in for a HUGE party

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Nobara seemed pretty explicitly dead, except then Arata does some treatment and says “I treated her wounds but she’s probably dead” and “her chances of survival aren’t zero” which is a really weird thing to add and then not follow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Nobara ain’t dead. The author is all but saying she was on the verge but she isn’t dead . He’s all but telling you she is coming back

The reason he hasn’t brought her back yet is likely for some big reveal or cathartic moment.It hasn’t even been that long (in story and out) since she’s been out of the game, just chill. Megumi never even said she was dead, just gave a solemn look which Yuji interpreted that way. Hell , I’m gonna go as far as saying her cursed techniques will be stronger because her technique was very directly tied to loathing for other people and making them suffer. A half blown off face will definitely fuel strong feelings in powering something like that.

Y’all need to have a bit more patience with these things, if it ends up she’s dead complain then. It’s likely gonna happen soon, because the Gojo vs Sukuna fight is not the climax of this series , that comes after.