Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
New ED is also the first hard hint at a fifth Precure this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellbore posted:

New ED is also the first hard hint at a fifth Precure this season.

Well aside from soundbytes and color data hidden in two of the toys so far but this is the first official one at least.

Also, I REALLY hope they don’t redeem/spare Battamonda at this point. He’s like a petulant child that gets furious over the slightest inconvenience or reprisal, talks like an abuser (“You made me do this”), doesn’t give a poo poo about anyone, and is possibly one of the most twisted villains we’ve had in the series since Northa and Joker (though Daruizen is also up there). I hope he goes down in the most grisly way allowed by a Precure show

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

Well aside from soundbytes and color data hidden in two of the toys so far but this is the first official one at least.

Also, I REALLY hope they don’t redeem/spare Battamonda at this point. He’s like a petulant child that gets furious over the slightest inconvenience or reprisal, talks like an abuser (“You made me do this”), doesn’t give a poo poo about anyone, and is possibly one of the most twisted villains we’ve had in the series since Northa and Joker (though Daruizen is also up there). I hope he goes down in the most grisly way allowed by a Precure show

Yeah, I meant in the show itself, not counting leaks and messing with the toys.

Another thing I liked was that when Sora was in the middle of her break down, she didn't ask Prism to help her, she asked Mashiro. She just really needed her friend right then.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellbore posted:

Yeah, I meant in the show itself, not counting leaks and messing with the toys.

Another thing I liked was that when Sora was in the middle of her break down, she didn't ask Prism to help her, she asked Mashiro. She just really needed her friend right then.

Come to think of it, how often have we ever heard a Cure use her teammate's civilian name while the latter was still in Cure form (I think Futari Wa might have done it at least)?

I’m hoping we see the Undergu leader before long as well (we’re almost halfway through the series and we still haven’t even gotten her NAME yet), though it’s possible she’ll just be called “Undergu-sama” or something generic like that

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 2, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm not sure I quite follow?

Early Precure seasons tended to have generals not actually survive the big fights so the finishing moves were quite fatal it's just it was monster bad guys so it never really mattered or was brought up

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Early Precure seasons tended to have generals not actually survive the big fights so the finishing moves were quite fatal it's just it was monster bad guys so it never really mattered or was brought up

I think this stopped around Fresh or so though Healin Good brought it back.

As for the Angry Grasshopper, I’m not sure even Sora would be willing to save him at this point so I’m assuming he’s getting squashed soon (either by the Precure or by his boss)

I am curious how/if they’re going to save Shalala though (maybe either by a new attack or they’ll use some of the collected Kira Kira Energy to revive her)

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
it was very funny in futari wa precure when they vaporized pissard and white went "oh god did we just kill him?" and mipple replied "oh no don't worry, you just sent him back to his home dimension :)" only for them to way later in the season visit said home dimension and establish in a throwaway line of dialogue that "yeah, all the old generals are de-facto dead"

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Scorp's death in 5 Gogo is the most insanely tonally jarring because the show actually genuinely wants you to like him and be sad that he died and also really does not want you to think about the fact that Milk just fuckin merc'd him

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In a way it's funny/amazing that Bunbee pulled a Geese Howard and survived his fall of a building and also survived Yes 5 go go

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

In a way it's funny/amazing that Bunbee pulled a Geese Howard and survived his fall of a building and also survived Yes 5 go go

Speaking of, he’d better have a decent role in the upcoming Yes 5 sequel

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just like the first Cosmos movie had a cover of the classic Sailor Moon theme sung by the main cast, the second one apparently has a cover of the Sailor Stars theme by the Starlights:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fVwFMPUymQQ

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, summaries are out for HS 24 & 25, we’ve also got a title for 27 and the name of an upcoming new general:

24: With Sora and the others successfully removing the curse on the king and queen, the people of Skyland greet them as heroes and also hold a parade for the Precure. When Ellee spends a bit of alone time in the castle with the king and queen, a purple light suddenly appears on her chest

25: Sora and the others go to a nature park full of animals like giraffes and elephants. When Ellee realized she can talk with animals, because Sora and the others knew she had special powers, they were worried about stuff like her food and her lessons, and started to consult for help. As they were doing that, a new assassin from the Undergu Empire appeared, Minoton

27: Exciting Lesson from the Mirror Pad?!

Interesting they’re healing the king and queen this soon (and possibly Shalala as well) and we have yet another piece of evidence pointing towards [spoler]Elle being Majesty[/spoiler]

I guess this confirms that Battamonda’s going down fairly soon and based on the name I assume the next general is going to be based on a Minotaur

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
For completion,

26. Takeoff! Thoughts connected by Airplane.

Also, it's interesting that we might be getting Cure Majesty as early as 24-25. Which I guess is close to other mid-season Cures, but having Butterfly debut so late, I figured they might be pushing the fifth Cure out until the 30 episode mark.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellbore posted:

For completion,

26. Takeoff! Thoughts connected by Airplane.

Also, it's interesting that we might be getting Cure Majesty as early as 24-25. Which I guess is close to other mid-season Cures, but having Butterfly debut so late, I figured they might be pushing the fifth Cure out until the 30 episode mark.

Nah, if she were coming her name would be in the title as is always the case with this series. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see her by or before episode 30 though

Also since All Stars F is due out this September (meaning we should finally be getting some real information on it soon) I wonder if 27 is meant to tie into it somehow

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Generally they want a new Cure so they can sell toys over summer so I really doubt they'd push it out that late

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Generally they want a new Cure so they can sell toys over summer so I really doubt they'd push it out that late

Well she’s not mentioned in the titles of 24-27 and the DVDs confirm that this series will be about 48 episodes in total so it pretty much has to happen fairly soon at least

I expect us to start getting proper trailers/information for All Stars F and the third Yes 5 series before too long now as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 8, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speak of the devil, here’s our first All Stars F trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P8pkbHX9FdY

And a new poster to go with it:

Interesting the Futari duo wasn’t shown off but they might appear later

Also apparently the new movie exclusive Cure is called Prim/Cure Supreme and based on the name of the miracle light the F in the title stands for “fukkatsu” (revival).

A plot synopsis from the video description:

quote:

All of Precure, assembled! Or so we thought, but everyone's scattered here and there!?

"Where exactly is this place?" When Sora opened her eyes, a mysterious world laid in front of her...

And it seems that she was separated from Mashiro and the others... but instead she meets Yui and Manatsu, and Prim!

And along the way, she meets many friends, but for some reason her memories are fuzzy...

Moreover, it seems that this world is only inhabited by Precure...?

I want to return to my own world! The clue lies in a castle in the distance-

Now, the journey begins! With their eyes set on the castle, LET'S GO for an adventure!

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 9, 2023

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

Speak of the devil, here’s our first All Stars F trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P8pkbHX9FdY

And a new poster to go with it:

Nice spread of Cures for the main plot,

Sora with Summer and Precious and Supreme
Mashiro with La Mer, Grace and Finale
Tsubasa and Elle with Flora, Felice and Ange
Ageha with Milky, Macaron and Earth

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellbore posted:

Nice spread of Cures for the main plot,

Sora with Summer and Precious and Supreme
Mashiro with La Mer, Grace and Finale
Tsubasa and Elle with Flora, Felice and Ange
Ageha with Milky, Macaron and Earth

I like that Ageha is paired with the other “adult” Cures (legally on her planet: Lala, mentally: Yukari, and physically: Asumi). Also Mashiro having to deal with Laura should be fun and I hope they make a joke about the fact her and Rabirin not only have the same VA but also nearly the same voice

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As for tonight’s episode,

HS23: Depressed, Sora returns home to Skyland where we meet her little brother Red. But with some encouragement from Mashiro she regains her lost power and rejoins the fight, saving Shalala via Updraft Shining and a heal from Ageha

Battamonda didn’t go down this week so I assume he’ll meet his end next time. Also for some reason they skipped Peach entirely and had Nozomi play us out this week instead (though according to a recent tweet the former is apparently being saved for a “special episode”)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 9, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Really good episode and I love they used the plot of an earlier episode to help resolve Sora's crisis. Also Sora's hero power is Mashiro!

Do wonder if they'll have Elle being the 5th cure be a secret to the main cures for awhile

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In movie news, we’ve got our first glimpse of Prim/Cure Supreme’s civilian form:

There’s also a new picture of Mashiro’s team (haven’t been able to find any for the other two yet):

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Prim looks like a family friendly version of Cagliostro from Symphogear

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well it's nice to see Laura is still doing Laura things.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Well it's nice to see Laura is still doing Laura things.

Looking forward to Mashiro and Nodoka having to put up with her the whole time

Also calling it now. Cure Supreme is either going to be the secret twist villain or at least somewhat connected to them (though Toei could surprise us)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And we’ve got another new movie image, this time of Ageha’s team:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also some new art of our movie exclusive Cure has surfaced, including a better look at her civilian form:

And at last we round things out with a shot of Tsubasa and Elle’s team:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 15, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HS24: No fight this week but we do get some plot advancement as it’s revealed Shalala and the king & queen are back to full health and Elle is not actually the latter’s biological daughter but instead came from the stars (in other words, she’s almost definitely Kotoha 2.0). The Cures are deputized as Elle’s official protectors and Mashiro plays us out because it’s her birthday

The preview also gives us a small glimpse at Battamonda’s replacement and it’s….seemingly another pig (specifically a boar based on the fur, snout, and tusks)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Another All Stars F teaser:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jyoPz6XXcyg

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This may be the coolest looking general we’ve gotten in the series yet:

https://twitter.com/GonzasauroCP/status/1682904274416672769/photo/1

Also in terms of personality Minoton basically seems to be Kintolesky 2.0 (even stopping his own Ranborg from attacking Elle)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 23, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i hope minoton runs into kabaton

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I hope we see any of the previous generals honestly (they just sort of, left Battamonda to his own devices). My current headcanon is that Kabaton and Chill Oden Guy went into business together

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Cure Majesty has been confirmed, the first toy listings for her have appeared and are slated for a September release:

https://tokullectibles.com/collections/hirogaru-sky-precure/products/cure-friends-cure-majesty-plush

https://tokullectibles.com/collections/hirogaru-sky-precure/products/pretty-cure-style-doll-cure-majesty

https://tokullectibles.com/collections/hirogaru-sky-precure/products/precure-dor-cure-majesty

https://tokullectibles.com/collections/hirogaru-sky-precure/products/skytone-majesty-set

Now all we need is an official picture of her

Also I’m rather impressed with Toei/Bandai, this might be the first season where we’ve managed to go the whole time without a single (visual) leak of the extra Cure

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 25, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HS26: Good Tsubasa episode this week and we even see Mashiro’s parents again (this time in person), Shoko was a fun character and I liked Minoton’s Porco Rosso disguise.

Cure Peach got her long awaited cameo at the end (mostly for the sake of a pun) which I think might have been Kanae Oki‘s first role since 2016.

Also it seems we might be getting a new mascot character next week in the form of a little pig with a bow (or it could just be a one-off character)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 30, 2023

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is there any chance the current season of Precure gets a dub in the near future? I have a friend who has a daughter who'd be prime age for this but I'm not sure subs would work for her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Is there any chance the current season of Precure gets a dub in the near future? I have a friend who has a daughter who'd be prime age for this but I'm not sure subs would work for her.

Highly unlikely we’ll see another Precure dub any time soon, no

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The dub of Futari Wa is pretty good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

The dub of Futari Wa is pretty good.

Yeah, they still westernized it a bit but unlike Glitter Force it was still pretty faithful to the original and completely uncut besides (too bad it never got released stateside or on any kind of physical media though)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Amused that they found a spirit level airline in Japan named Peach to product placement this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Amused that they found a spirit level airline in Japan named Peach to product placement this episode

Toei loves puns so that’s probably the whole reason they moved Love’s cameo here (speaking of, is her VA semiretired at this point or what? Aside from reprise her Precure role on occasion it doesn’t look like she’s done much since 2016)