Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1677241392773623808?s=19

Oh.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Meme Emulator posted:

What is that little puffball Zoro uses when hes maintaining his swords?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZfh5CKpQ24

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ice T on CSI voice: It's called Vegapunking.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Ice T on CSI voice: It's called Vegapunking.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Ice T was on law and order svu

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Elblanco posted:

Also he would be the one genuinely baffled by the concept.

"You mean to tell me they stretch out their heads and it's called Vegapunking?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Elblanco posted:

They're all the same loving show

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Why are we talking about detective shows in the Naruto thread

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Spoilers are being dropped over the next few hours

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
spouilers: one piece is back, babey

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scholtz posted:

Why are we talking about detective shows in the Naruto thread

Because Ice T found the one piece

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Countblanc posted:

spouilers: one piece is back, babey

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nuebot posted:

Because Ice T found the one piece

*me after singing binks brew with the crew* today was a good day

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

*me after singing binks brew with the crew* today was a good day

Wrong Ice.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh drat

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1678254471485460485?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would buy that Who's-Who figure just for the sword alone.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
While doing one of my mental sheep counting while trying to fall asleep, I came up with a 'fantasy scenario' that ties together Imu's possible immortality and why the hell the Elder Stars/Planets let a bunch of atrocity-obsessed idiots like the Celestial Dragons run roughshod over the world. This is likely wholly utterly wrong but if I still wrote fanfic it'd probably be something I'd add.

Brook and Big Mom have demonstrated that souls are clearly an actual, existing thing, along with possible jokes that Zoro actually died when he took in Luffy's pain but his soul got lost on the way to the afterlife and ended back up in his body. And in reality, yes, there are people who are absolute monstrous bastards who are also complete idiots who somehow get away with everything because they have so much money and the system is so twisted towards them, but there's a difference between the real world and a story where one person (or sometimes more) completely create and control the world. In those circumstances, unfairly perhaps, people demand REASONS for why the uber-assholes are so drat untouchable. Maybe the Celestial Dragons' ancient ancestors formed the world government, but nowadays they don't seem to actually do much RUNNING of it, that seems to be left to people like the Navy and the Elders. Instead they just go around not only utterly convinced of their divinity and superiority, but going out of the way to make people suffer for it, because they apparently long ago conflated what they are with the sadistic desire to control others and it's basically become almost a genetic disease. While cases like Homing and Mjosgard show it's not impossible for them to get a clue, even that is limited (see: how Homing simply had no idea just what a terrible idea it was to go live among normal people). Basically, yeah, we have a revolution going and it's kicking into high gear now, and the presence of so many people with landscape altering superpowers affects things, but in all honesty, the Celestial Dragons are the shining example of 'Be feared if you are not loved, but do not be hated, otherwise people will suffer to oppose you'. They're an active detriment to the world government, because their out of control actions makes uprisings and revolutions much more likely. As fiction tends to be, the ones on the very top seem to have some better concept of the world, or control over their nasty sides (yeah they'll nuke whole islands, but at least there's a PURPOSE behind it that isn't 'I stubbed my toe on this street corner'). Basically, why the hell does/did Imu let the situation get so drat bad?

My "theory", with a ton of quotation marks because this is more something I'd really like to happen, is that Imu and co allowed the Celestial Dragons to get so rotten because Imu's life is tied to theirs. Specifically, whenever a Celestial Dragon dies, they don't go to an afterlife, they get eaten by Imu (If you know Warhammer 40K, I'm thinking Eldar and Slaneesh style). Because one of the big, big things about the Celestial Dragons is they basically are so warped that they cannot accept a reality that doesn't fit their whims, ie, if one got shot, they'd probably pitch a fit that the bullet harmed them, that's 'not how it works', they're gods, etc. Basically, as it is now, if you killed, or put more Celestial Dragons through the same ringer as the Donflamingo family went through, most of them would basically never grasp why it was happening, and would die going as a combination of 'This isn't how it works!' and 'I don't understand'. It's hard to punish monsters who will never be able to remotely grasp that they ARE monsters (an example that comes to mind is how the Axis powers destroyed as much evidence of their war crimes as possible, showing that under all their claims that the people they killed and harmed were worthless, they KNEW deep down what they were doing was wrong and other people would be enraged at their behaviour beyond 'for reasons of being the enemy' ie, on SOME level, they grasped that they were the monsters). This unending denial is part of the immortality. In essence, the killed Celestial Dragons deny they are 1) Dead, and 2) Helpless, and this basically lets Imu keep a loop going where the absorbed souls/essence keep dying over and over (instead of him), the loop made possible by the souls' complete inability to learn or comprehend reality. In essence, Imu is both their parasite and their own literal personal hell, as their flaws keep them in an endless loop of reliving terrible things with no relief. When the villains are such overwhelming, and overwhelmingly STUPID bastards, it feels like it's the only way to remotely punish them for their centuries of crimes, much moreso than Luffy punching one in the face or tearing down their society as a sun god.

TL:DR Dumb theory that Imu lets the Celestial Dragons be colossal assholes because they're such assholes they can use their assholishness to keep themselves alive in a weird soul food/No Exit way.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
spoilers exist

we're back, baby!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Once again i read tbe spoilers yesterday, in my brain, and buggy is making his move

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There’s a new SBS too

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1678470198528016386?s=20

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm connecting the dots

:eyepop:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Surely the things went wrong version would be him without the afro.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Brook things-went-wrong version: YO HO HO! SKRULL JOKE!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

GodFish posted:

Surely the things went wrong version would be him without the afro.

Funnier option would be the crack runs the opposite direction

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/breetheSHEEP/status/1678596101681602561?t=9SAQ2GmRV8Fh0haG9L2WsQ&s=19

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Surely things went wrong Brook is just Soul King with an acoustic guitar.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

it is so so refreshing whenever I see a joke about trans people that is like. A good, funny, actual joke, and not just something hurtful. This is good, love that for He/Him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gnome7 posted:

it is so so refreshing whenever I see a joke about trans people that is like. A good, funny, actual joke, and not just something hurtful. This is good, love that for He/Him

I'm still a fan of

https://twitter.com/PopeyeTweetsk/status/1416082950639267845

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Luffy 100% the kind of himbo that would use call Yamato, Hehim :allears:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

Surely things went wrong Brook is just Soul King with an acoustic guitar.

He would still be on his old ship, drifting aimlessly forever

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yamato has kenergy. pass it on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anime was right posted:

:hai:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I love this so much

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

anime was right posted:

Oh poo poo

:hmmyes:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, there should be a bingo card for Yamato whenever somebody says 'him.' Although there's honestly not that many spaces for it aside from the Vivre card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

anime was right posted:

:yeah: