Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

lol new jersey

Beeftweeter posted:

which was built on a dump and still smells like one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

i just checked and it's $4.75 now

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol the only factory around where i grew up made toilet paper

rotor posted:

really the perfect backstory to your posting

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

:thejoke:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

a joke so nice i posted it twice

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Kenny Logins posted:

disarming advice designed to catch you offhanded

holy poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:tipshat:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

that's a lot.

i think takeout chinese places are cheaper these days. got an extra large fried rice for like $14 and that fed my wife for a couple days.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Video Nasty posted:

I used to work downtown in Chicago and our building was a couple blocks south of the Blommer Chocolate factory and every Wednesday we knew when they were making the chocolate :yum:

e: pics tax

i live a block from a cadbury factory. you mostly can't smell it here, but the next street up reeks of chocolate a few times a day

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

infernal machines posted:

i live a block from a cadbury factory. you mostly can't smell it here, but the next street up reeks of chocolate a few times a day

reeks??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's rather a lot.

also, i don't like chocolate that much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i've been to the hershey factory (lol) in pennsylvania and yeah i can imagine not wanting to smell that all the time. it smells good but it's pretty strong

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
my dad used to buy the hershey cocoa shell mulch at the start of every summer and have my brother and i spread it over the extensive gardens at his place, and even that after it rains is a lot

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

my mother used to be a secretary in an insurance office that was above a cincy chili parlor lol

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
when i started my current job, they offered me a private office which was a room above the kitchen of an ethiopian restaurant that you could only get in by climbing a ladder through a trapdoor and the actual room had a ceiling that was only 5'6" high, which is 8 or 9 inches shorter than i am tall. i could only do it for a few weeks because i kept hitting my head, but i don't think i could ever get tired of those smells.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i lived next to a pizzeria in brooklyn for a year and you could tell when it was 11:00 every day because it would smell like pizza. that owned but it made me so hungry

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fermun posted:

when i started my current job, they offered me a private office which was a room above the kitchen of an ethiopian restaurant that you could only get in by climbing a ladder through a trapdoor and the actual room had a ceiling that was only 5'6" high, which is 8 or 9 inches shorter than i am tall. i could only do it for a few weeks because i kept hitting my head, but i don't think i could ever get tired of those smells.

lol wtf

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the job was definitely "bookie" or "enforcer" or something

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

fermun posted:

was this your boss

mystes
May 31, 2006

fermun posted:

is this the plot of some weird movie like being john malkovitch or something? I'm so confused

mystes fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 12, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
what's confusing about it? they gave them a hilariously tiny office

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve spent entirely too long sifting through images of clippy with a wizard hat

does anyone have those 80s/90s dnd style wizards using a computer? I seem to remember one specifically that had the wizard peering smugly over the top of a CRT monitor

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

what's confusing about it? they gave them a hilariously tiny office
it sounds like where harry dubois might have worked out of prior to the events of disco elysium. very outré

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uhhh. huh.

welp,

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fermun posted:

my dad used to buy the hershey cocoa shell mulch at the start of every summer and have my brother and i spread it over the extensive gardens at his place, and even that after it rains is a lot

cocoa shells are great mulch here cause the slugs wont go on it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

rare lol from an achewood

same, that one is actually funny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

achewood is good, actually

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
that must have hurt when you passed it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

post hole digger posted:

Its popular online, so I'm sure you can understand how that must be impossible.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fermun posted:

being john malcovich rear end job

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

post hole digger posted:

it's like 25% good.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

which is a pretty solid ratio for a web comic.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

i think this is my favorite one

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

holy moly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNO6-d9RGbo

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente