Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

StormDrain posted:

It being Britain I wonder if they had their gardening license anyway.

The tree is a a dangerous weapon, and the Bobbies kept you safe by taking it off the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hell yeah, rewilding.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No I meant do we know that it's not illegal?

Very likely that it would be in breach of permeable surface bylaws designed to prevent flooding.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

Reminds me of people who xeriscape their yards thinking it will cut down on yard work only to discover they traded 30 minutes of easy mowing once a week for an entire day of difficult weeding once a month.

More people need to discover hula-hos

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The rare Electric Ent.

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Xurkitree_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Platystemon posted:

The tree is a a dangerous weapon, and the Bobbies kept you safe by taking it off the street.

I have heard tales of how if you don't keep your garden shed padlocked at all times the bobbies will sneak in your back gate and confiscate all your gardening equipment in the name of public safety, a plastic rake could be deadly in the hands of a teenage burglar.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

Very likely that it would be in breach of permeable surface bylaws designed to prevent flooding.

Oh gently caress yeah I forgot about water and all. I guess that's why it's at an angle all around.

But then maybe they don't get a lot of rain. (:))

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Found some real quality work in the hotel I'm staying at tonight.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

you ate my cat posted:

Found some real quality work in the hotel I'm staying at tonight.

Oh poo poo I've got a socket like that because the previous owner got some absolute clowns to build a wooden (40mm MDF I think) fake chimney breast/cupboard thing and it is clearly impossible to work out where things might end up.

If I remember I'll take some pictures tomorrow because it's a loving disgrace.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

is this an arizona-ism? my neighbor advised me to get one too awhile back, i'd not heard the term.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm a native, so they've always just existed for me, but maybe?

It's basically the perfect tool to weed a yard of rocks or hard pack dirt, so Arizona is probably where they are the most common.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Qwijib0 posted:

Googling for that leads to a bunch of things that are very NSFW and don't seem to have much to do with landscaping.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hula-hoe not hula-ho lol

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Also known as a a stirrup hoe or a work hoe!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
eh, I prefer Haka Sluts

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mattock maidens
Trowel temptresses
Ladies of the scythe

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
wait, are we doing tool slatterns now? I was doing pacific islander dance harlots.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
One of these motherfuckers:

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/garden/garden-care/hoes/69740-hula-ho?item=PK120

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Otherwise known as a stirrup hoe

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004
For context, this is a hilly rear end beach town with very frequent landslides.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

bergeoisie posted:

“Hmm, you know what would make my expensive ocean-view property that is mere miles from where an entire town got swallowed up by the sea due to hubris worth even more? If I hastened the inevitable landslide that will destroy it!”

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

bergeoisie posted:

loving bureaucratic pencil pushers always trying to squeeze a buck from the little man, it's pathetic I tells ya.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

bergeoisie posted:

Presumably the house they're building was unpermitted too? So many people try this crap and get caught and it's always way more expensive than if they'd just done it right and not tried to cut corners in the first place.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

bergeoisie posted:

I want to watch what happens when the concrete truck for their foundation comes down that road

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

She'll be coming down the mountain when she comes

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
It’s fun when you can dig your own tombs.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I went looking for my last post eh where it it!?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Well I'm glad they put some proper foundations in under those rickety wooden legs

Wrong thread :o:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Oh poo poo I've got a socket like that because the previous owner got some absolute clowns to build a wooden (40mm MDF I think) fake chimney breast/cupboard thing and it is clearly impossible to work out where things might end up.

If I remember I'll take some pictures tomorrow because it's a loving disgrace.

I've got one in the kitchen that has to be trimmed about half an inch, as I recall, because they installed cabinets too close to the door frame. Why they didn't just double it up on the other side of the wall with the dining are alight, I have no idea (I do - it's laziness.) The plate that was on there when we bought the place was just roughly broken off and patched with caulk. Previous owners *loved* caulk as a solution for everything. It's got a properly cut one now, if such a thing can be said to exist.

Xlorp posted:

She'll be coming down the mountain when she comes

:golfclap:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bergeoisie posted:

Oh, it’ll be shored all right.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

hula-hoe not hula-ho lol

Name brand is ho

For reasons

https://flexrake.com/products/1000l-hula-ho-weeder-cultivator-heat-treated-steel-54in-hardwood

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Lord Rupert posted:

It’s fun when you can dig your own tombs.

It's a limited time two for one offer, bury yourself now and demolish the neighbors for free.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jenkl posted:

loving bureaucratic pencil pushers always trying to squeeze a buck from the little man, it's pathetic I tells ya.

Years ago I did some work on a small apartment building that was sort of the reverse of this image. It had a huge 15' stone retaining wall between the road and the building up on a hill. The owner was complaining endlessly to me about how the drat bureaucratic pencil pushers are making him spend thousands getting a whole engineering report done on the wall just because over 50 years it had settled by maybe 1 degree. Luckily he knew an engineering company who could do it all on the cheap. He got the inspection done, they said the wall was fine and continued to rant about what a waste of money it is and how there's nothing worse than being a landlord in this city.

Like a month later the entire wall collapsed onto the street. He then sued his "friend" who did the engineering inspection on the cheap and that's when it came out that he didn't actually pay the engineer to do the type of inspection the city asked for.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Sloppy posted:

Presumably the house they're building was unpermitted too? So many people try this crap and get caught and it's always way more expensive than if they'd just done it right and not tried to cut corners in the first place.

I'd have to assume so given the setback from that road for where they have the foundations staked is like two feet.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Xlorp posted:

She'll be coming down with the mountain when she comes

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

r/pools posted:

My equipment faces east and west and tear has accelerated because of the sun and heat. After researching and talking with contractors, settled on this shed, great shelter from sun and snow and ventilation isn’t compromised.

See before/after in pics!

Reddit freaks out, he replies:

quote:

Hmmm, no humans will be sleeping in the equipment shed though and, at most, I’m in there 5-10 min a day, and I keep the doors open 90% if the time. I’ll look into it, thanks for the advice.

But in the end it seems he did get the message and will remediate the situation. Here is a rendering of the planned ventilation :grovertoot:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Wait what's the problem there, what is that machine.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Benagain posted:

Wait what's the problem there, what is that machine.

A natural gas pool heater.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

And those things that look like holes with gratings in the side walls aren't enough ventilation?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Zereth posted:

And those things that look like holes with gratings in the side walls aren't enough ventilation?

No. The shed will fill up with exhaust fumes, carbon monoxide among them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Plus waste heat plus now your heater is using its own exhaust gas as intake gas, which is not going to be great for efficiency or longevity. This is to say nothing of the danger to life it poses.

edit: That heater is 400,000 BTU/hr by the way.

sleepy gary fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 13, 2023