Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Ubiquitus posted:

ok but what’s the thing with eyes hiding between the battleships they’re punching?

I don't see what you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Last Celebration posted:

Pica’s basically turning a mass of stone into whatever shape he wants and then remotely controlling it, it’s pretty strictly better defensively because no matter how big the thing he makes is, the “real” him that can actually be hurt is only a large man, as opposed to the island fruit meaning it sucks poo poo when someone starts doing a lot of collateral damage because of their indiscriminate attacks.

No it's the same. Pizaro has his smaller body in the big skull head. Pizaro's fruit is better in that he can control whole island and is not limited to Rock.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The fact that Kuzan closed in for a punching match with Garp screams that he's a double agent. If he were fighting for real, he'd be using his Devil Fruit and fighting from afar, not going in for a punching match against the marine whose entire specialty is punching things. This feels like a ruse to let Garp knock him out as an excuse for staying out the fight and not actively killing Marines

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The fact that Kuzan closed in for a punching match with Garp screams that he's a double agent. If he were fighting for real, he'd be using his Devil Fruit and fighting from afar, not going in for a punching match against the marine whose entire specialty is punching things. This feels like a ruse to let Garp knock him out as an excuse for staying out the fight and not actively killing Marines

Sometimes you just want to punch a motherfucker look at Ash in the first Pokemon movie.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sometimes you just want to punch a motherfucker look at Ash in the first Pokemon movie.

Hes been punching battleship bags alongside this man for decades, he just wanted a chance to compare at least once

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Moving in for the kill on someone who just got stabbed through the gut with a massive sword seems like a tactically sound decision to me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

imo kuzan fighting with his fists is him getting serious. he was introduced as the laziest marine ever, and that's why he defaults to instantly ending fights with ice most of the time

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Aokiji freezing Pizzaro to stop him from killing civilians would make sense to me actually. He still doesn't believe in a better alternative and instead has just joined what he sees as the winning side to try and lessen their cruelty

If Aokiji really thinks like that, why does he think Blackbeard is "the winning side"?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

yum posted:

Kuzan putting his life on the line to prevent the slaves from escaping is a great look lol

What's the difference between this and protecting the Celestial Dragons

Wow. He and Garp really are the same.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

If Aokiji really thinks like that, why does he think Blackbeard is "the winning side"?
Perhaps I should say "the most credible threat to the navy". Blackbeard rose to be an Emperor even faster than Luffy did and is still rapidly acquiring new manpower and territory.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cat Machine posted:

Moving in for the kill on someone who just got stabbed through the gut with a massive sword seems like a tactically sound decision to me

what if he let himself get stabbed to power up

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Kuzan will be revealed to be a double agent and Garp will reveal that he had no idea.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
aokiji duking it out feels perfect with brandnew's speech at the beginning lol. the whole point is all the haki and powerful abilities in the world dont mean poo poo if theres nothing at the core.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Kuzan will be revealed to be a double agent and Garp will reveal that he had no idea.

When theorizing in One Piece, the funniest outcome is usually the most realistic

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Perhaps I should say "the most credible threat to the navy". Blackbeard rose to be an Emperor even faster than Luffy did and is still rapidly acquiring new manpower and territory.

Sure, but Luffy's connections to the Revolutionary Army, the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates, and some of the other Supernovas should be public knowledge at this point, even though the Ancient Weapon Poseidon being on his side isn't. Whereas Blackbeard has made enemies of basically every faction at this point with his constant betrayals and general opportunism.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nuebot posted:

I like when garp punches people

:hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blackbeard rose to be an Emperor even faster than Luffy did

Going on a tangent from the chapter to discuss Blackbeard and Luffy comparisons: is the above really true? Yes, once Blackbeard actually started making moves his ascent to emperor was incredibly fast, but he spent at least a couple of decades serving as crew for Whitebeard and though from memory he never took a commander position (which would have put him at the status of the likes of Ace, Marco, Izo etc) those top guys appear to have considered him as somewhat of a peer. Once he killed Thatch and stole the Yami Yami no Mi, he very quickly rises in the ranks but I still think Luffy going from dumb kid stuck in a barrel in the weakest ocean in the world to one of the 4 Emperors (but still a dumb kid!) within 2 years is still the faster rise considering their respective starting points.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 14, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jerusalem posted:

Going on a tangent from the chapter to discuss Blackbeard and Luffy comparisons: is the above really true? Yes, once Blackbeard actually started making moves his ascent to emperor was incredibly fast, but he spent at least a couple of decades serving as crew for Whitebeard and though from memory he never took a commander position (which would have put him at the status of the likes of Ace, Marco, Izo etc) those top guys appear to have considered him as somewhat of a peer. Once he killed Thatch and stole the Yami Yami no Mi, he very quickly rises in the ranks but I still think Luffy going from dumb kid stuck in a barrel in the weakest ocean in the world to one of the 4 Emperors (but still a dumb kid!) within 2 years is still the faster rise considering their respective starting points.

A lot of people compare the two directly just based on what we see in the pages, yeah. I feel like there's some effort to make them rivals in some way when Blackbeard is more of a dark mirror sort of figure to Luffy, given that Luffy's entire thing is that beyond the loosest possible ideas he rarely ever plans things out and constantly adjust on the fly while what we know most of all about Blackbeard is that he is meticulous and planned almost everything about his rise from the specific fruit he wanted and how to get it and was willing to spend years of his life just to get the best shot of finding it before even forming his own crew. Blackbeard is similar to Luffy in some key ways but they're very much opposites in most immediate regards as demonstrated by the pie scene when they first met.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A more astounding part of Teach's career is that he spent 20+ years as a crewman to the most powerful and notorious pirate in the world post-Roger - a seemingly prominent and well-respected crewman at that seeing as how Ace figured that Teach was a shoe-in for being made a commander - but never got a single bounty before Marineford.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

When theorizing in One Piece, the funniest outcome is usually the most realistic

Does this mean when Luffy asks Imu if they poop, they will respond "I AM POOP" and we will get poopface to replace Enelface

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If I remember right, Blackbeard was actually offered Fleet Command before Ace was. When Ace asked him about it, BB just said he was fine as is. If his road didn't line up, maybe he even meant it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Caidin posted:

If I remember right, Blackbeard was actually offered Fleet Command before Ace was. When Ace asked him about it, BB just said he was fine as is. If his road didn't line up, maybe he even meant it.

Yeah and at another point Blackbeard said if he'd never found the darkness fruit he'd have been fine just laying low in Blackbeards crew forever, cause he's big into the idea that whatever happens is how it was always fated to be.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr. Beast Pirates

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

lmao

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

Ha ha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

:eyepop:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

Malah
May 18, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates
lmao

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

jesus christ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

looooooooooooool

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

holy poo poo

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

This is Big.

This... This is... :bignews:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

idk why GIMP is acting up so much on my end, but it deleted the image while I was working on it and this is all I could bother to recover before I went to bed

goodnight, goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Mr. Beast Pirates

Good Lord :xd: