Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Was there that much of a demand of moose back then lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They were decades ahead of the baby shark phenomenon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Action Jacktion posted:

The newest short is "The Tale of Baby Moose." It is identical to "The Tale of Moose Baby" except someone redubbed it so that the title animal is called Baby Moose instead of Moose Baby.

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-tale-of-baby-moose

This is the funniest thing they've done in years.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Turns out Rifftrax has licensed some content to TubiTv which is a streaming service that currently is free and requires no account.
got like 130 films there
https://tubitv.com/search/Rifftrax%20

Surprisingly available in my region.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if they still do but Tubi also used to have all the old Cinematic Titanic episodes.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

By popular demand posted:

Turns out Rifftrax has licensed some content to TubiTv which is a streaming service that currently is free and requires no account.
got like 130 films there
https://tubitv.com/search/Rifftrax%20

Surprisingly available in my region.

They have McBain and it seems to work, so if you didn't buy it before they pulled it, here's your chance to see it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Why was McBain pulled? Have they pulled other movies?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

MrMidnight posted:

Why was McBain pulled? Have they pulled other movies?

They probably lost the rights to it. Off the top of my head I can think of some others: Nightmare at Noon, flight to Mars, Megaforce, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. Occasionally they'll lose rights to one (like the Christopher Lee Sherlock Holmes movie they did) and get the rights back. They won't take it away from you if you bought it, but if it was something you missed out on, it may be gone for good. I think their version of Wizards of the Lost Kingdom was live for two or three days before it got pulled.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I brought my Drake posted:

They probably lost the rights to it. Off the top of my head I can think of some others: Nightmare at Noon, flight to Mars, Megaforce, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. Occasionally they'll lose rights to one (like the Christopher Lee Sherlock Holmes movie they did) and get the rights back. They won't take it away from you if you bought it, but if it was something you missed out on, it may be gone for good. I think their version of Wizards of the Lost Kingdom was live for two or three days before it got pulled.

Oh wow I didn't know that. I'll have to check my database to see if I managed to snag those. Kinda makes me want buy riffs as soon as they get posted

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

There used to be a rifled copy of The Room on their site that's gone too.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

:filez:

Then give RiffTrax the money. https://www.rifftrax.com/donate

I also do this with the DumbIndustries stuff (Trace and Frank's riffing thing) because it's not their fault the only streaming options open to them have terrible service and UIs. I buy tickets to their events and I just get them later. (And since Chris Gersbeck is known to lurk wherever filez are mentioned, JFC man, how hard is it to put up a tip jar on your website.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

There used to be a rifled copy of The Room on their site that's gone too.

Wiseau still refusing to let a riffed copy be available, huh?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I also do this with the DumbIndustries stuff (Trace and Frank's riffing thing) because it's not their fault the only streaming options open to them have terrible service and UIs. I buy tickets to their events and I just get them later. (And since Chris Gersbeck is known to lurk wherever filez are mentioned, JFC man, how hard is it to put up a tip jar on your website.)

I actually hadn't considered that. I was thinking of getting the nights of shorts I'm missing when they had a sale recently, but the platform was abysmal.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

This is why I buy everything. It's a relatively cheap hobby and I don't have to worry about missing anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:filez:

Then give RiffTrax the money. https://www.rifftrax.com/donate

Vimeo isn't great but at least it is something. Which is more than they originally had.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1681427374636662784

He's always been kinda Jim Carrey, huh?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I watched Things today. I feel that I am owed an explanation.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah. I laughed so hard but at the same time I wanted the makers of that film in jail or at least given a big fine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah. I laughed so hard but at the same time I wanted the makers of that film in jail or at least given a big fine.

I'm just gonna say it: the entire cast (barring the women) looked like pedophiles.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I seriously watched it at least 4 times but my brain keeps rejecting it and I can't remember.
It's probably some sort of neurologic defense mechanism.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
The most disturbing part of Things was the guy topping his bottle of beer off with water from the faucet :barf:

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
sometimes, Kevin will say something and I'll hear Tom Servo for a moment.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Everything is 20% off through Monday and I am stocking up on Bridget and Mary Jo riffing 90s made for TV movies, as should all of you.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Lumbermouth posted:

Everything is 20% off through Monday and I am stocking up on Bridget and Mary Jo riffing 90s made for TV movies, as should all of you.

I'd ask for recommendations, but I'm not sure I can ever forgive this thread for getting me to watch Feeders and Lycan Colony.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Lumbermouth posted:

They're also offering $17 credit for spending $50 or more, plus the Megaforce audio riff track for spending any amount.

"I'm........LEGOLAS!"

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

WhiteHowler posted:

I'd ask for recommendations, but I'm not sure I can ever forgive this thread for getting me to watch Feeders and Lycan Colony.

Any of the Mary Higgins Clark or Teen Agers riffs, they're just such good times.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Lumbermouth posted:

Any of the Mary Higgins Clark or Teen Agers riffs, they're just such good times.

I think I've seen them all except for the newest Mary Higgins Clark one. The Bridget and Mary Jo riffs are usually automatic buys for me. I actually prefer them to the main three Rifftrax guys.

Looking at the credits, Mike is the only one of the three who still consistently writes on the newer riffs.

I kinda loved that the original MST3k writer's room was mostly just the cast.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I went with Day of the Assassins and Inspector Mom.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

samcarsten posted:

sometimes, Kevin will say something and I'll hear Tom Servo for a moment.

well that shouldn't be surprising....

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

MrMidnight posted:

well that shouldn't be surprising....

it's more I can imagine them in the theater again

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Expedition Theme Park on YouTube put out a documentary on Pirates World a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-093vn_jw

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Added to my watchlist. I hope they have some idea of how the Ice-cream Bunny was formed, my guess is it exploded violently out of someone's chest.

Caveman Cat
Oct 20, 2012

MAJOR

King Vidiot posted:

Expedition Theme Park on YouTube put out a documentary on Pirates World a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-093vn_jw

That was a fascinating watch, I assumed Pirates World was just a relatively unknown theme park that eventually closed due to safety concerns/lawsuits and such, but I didn't know that it was actually quite a success for its first year or so, or about the big name-attracting concert venue it became. Also lmao at the audio from Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny the video closes on.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Day of the Assassins is one of my go to riffs of theirs. Such a weird intro song, and a convoluted plot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/VisualVenVideo/status/1686047982842527751?t=g7qTyr5RCXE19Gia0TGLjQ&s=19
Don't know if I've ever seen a movie release that actually includes the Rifftrax version before.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Dawgstar posted:

I watched both of these over the weekend.

The plot of Day of the Assassins is nearly incomprehensible, but there are some great riffs, especially surrounding Chuck Connors. You can also play "count the Shaft references" every time Richard Roundtree shows up.

Inspector Mom is an instant classic. It's a run-of-the-mill Hallmark Channel murder mystery starring Danica McKellar. Every character, plot point, and line of dialog is unrealistic and poorly-conceived, but the thing is just so damned earnest that it somehow works as a very riffable movie. And of course this sort of thing is right in Bridget and Mary Jo's wheelhouse.

In a fit of "how did this get made" curiosity, I discovered that Inspector Mom was subsequently made into a 10-episode TV series, and (if IMDB is to be believed; there's no Wikipedia entry for any of this) there was also a second Inspector Mom TV movie at some point. I'd love to see them go through the rest of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest Bridget and Mary Jo riff, The Man Without a Body is just bizarre. You would think a movie where a dying businessman steals the head of Nostradamus and resurrects it in a bizarre body swapping plot would be more exciting but it super isn't.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Don't know if I've ever seen a movie release that actually includes the Rifftrax version before.

Kino Lorber did Blu-ray releases of The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant and The Astro-Zombies with Rifftrax and other extras. Unfortunately with Astro-Zombies they treated the Rifftrax as a typical audio commentary so the volume of the movie is really low and you can't hear what anyone's saying. I spent the movie turning it way up when the Rifftrax guys weren't talking and quickly turning it down when they did say something. I haven't watched their digital version so I don't know if they fixed it. The Blu-ray of Two-Headed Transplant is fine though.

Also, it turns out that "Baby Moose" is different from "Moose Baby" even aside from the name change: it's edited somewhat differently and some of the other narration is changed. You still have to wonder why they bothered though. Maybe they had a contract to make a certain number of shorts and ran out of money so they just redid one slightly and said it was new.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 1, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently the new blu-ray of Cool As Ice will also have the Rifftrax on the disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently the new blu-ray of Cool As Ice will also have the Rifftrax on the disc.

Excellent. I've been ready to schling a schlong.