Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

The One Within the Villainess

I've been following this one for quite a while, and i love it. It's not super well written or gorgeous or anything, but it feels like it was written for me.
Ever since one of the earlier episodes of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress where the MC risks his life for people that shun and ostracize him just to prove them wrong, i discovered a secret fetish of mine: spiteful heroism. Good deeds motivated by spite hit my lizard brain like no other and i can't help but hop up and down clapping like an excited monkey.

This manga is basically heroin to me. inject it directly into my veins. Luckily (:() it releases so rarely that i can't develop a proper addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

HenryEx posted:

I've been following this one for quite a while, and i love it. It's not super well written or gorgeous or anything, but it feels like it was written for me.
Ever since one of the earlier episodes of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress where the MC risks his life for people that shun and ostracize him just to prove them wrong, i discovered a secret fetish of mine: spiteful heroism. Good deeds motivated by spite hit my lizard brain like no other and i can't help but hop up and down clapping like an excited monkey.

This manga is basically heroin to me. inject it directly into my veins. Luckily (:() it releases so rarely that i can't develop a proper addiction

There's no bigger "gently caress You" than succeeding and rubbing it in you enemies faces. It's what made Duke's Daughter so much fun to read as well.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

HenryEx posted:

I actually really like the art style. Remillia gets some great expressions, and the gods look properly alien.

But as you said the real selling point is watching someone who is an absolute monster solve the world’s problems purely to spite the person who should be the heroine.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nemo2342 posted:

I actually really like the art style. Remillia gets some great expressions, and the gods look properly alien.

But as you said the real selling point is watching someone who is an absolute monster solve the world’s problems purely to spite the person who should be the heroine.

I wouldn't call Remilia a monster. She's not a nice person(kind of terrible even), but a lot of her issues are due to growing up in a clearly terrible environment.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

doomrider7 posted:

Reading this right now and My God is it awesome.

I hope when I die, I can become an angel beast with a vag face
:rms:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

I wouldn't call Remilia a monster. She's not a nice person(kind of terrible even), but a lot of her issues are due to growing up in a clearly terrible environment.

She's wearing Emi's personality as a mask and is being super manipulative, even if she's steering people to good ends. Everything she's done has had an ulterior motive, i.e. destroying the Star Maiden. I would argue that she hasn't really changed much from the girl who in the original story summoned the demon lord to gently caress over the world.

It's just now she has become fanatically devoted to Emi, and so all of her actions have to be filtered through the lens of if Emi would approve of the results or not.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

She's wearing Emi's personality as a mask and is being super manipulative, even if she's steering people to good ends. Everything she's done has had an ulterior motive, i.e. destroying the Star Maiden. I would argue that she hasn't really changed much from the girl who in the original story summoned the demon lord to gently caress over the world.

It's just now she has become fanatically devoted to Emi, and so all of her actions have to be filtered through the lens of if Emi would approve of the results or not.

Pretty sure that's an entire plot point because wasn't the original reason she decided to destroy the world was because her original obsession was the crown prince and after the Star Maiden stole his heart she snapped?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fabiniku

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yuki to Sumi
https://mangadex.org/title/136c516e-a9dd-411b-93b7-2f5c78be4ae8/yuki-to-sumi

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Is it a loving Club or a loving-Club?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's the The Series Got Super Axed Really Quickly club

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's the The Series Got Super Axed Really Quickly club
This is the man who had three series get axed within a year of each other and then he disappeared. Which sucks because he was actually good

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

This is the man who had three series get axed within a year of each other and then he disappeared. Which sucks because he was actually good

Explains the abrupt ending.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

Immediately knew it was Onio which sucks because Rough Sketch Senoai was awesome. Funny thing is, with the new resurgance of gal characters, that series would have easily gotten to a hundred chapters.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

There's no bigger "gently caress You" than succeeding and rubbing it in you enemies faces. It's what made Duke's Daughter so much fun to read as well.

Which one's "Duke's Daughter"? If it scratches that itch, I want to read it.

i know there's no rule in the thread to say you have to source your panels. but leaving people to guess what could be happening here with no way to find out just seems cruel.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
what's there to guess? they're just blooming

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

NAME REDACTED posted:

i know there's no rule in the thread to say you have to source your panels. but leaving people to guess what could be happening here with no way to find out just seems cruel.

Bloom into You.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I happen to know the source: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100257

New series with just one chapter so far.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

NAME REDACTED posted:

Accomplishments of a Dukes Daughter I think Seven Seas has it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Duke's Daughter is probably the worst way to describe a series since there's an entire subgenre that is entirely about daughters of dukes.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Clarste posted:

Duke's Daughter is probably the worst way to describe a series since there's an entire subgenre that is entirely about daughters of dukes.

True, but this one LITERALLY has it in the title. Makes sense as to why the Villainess is ALWAYS the daighter of a Duke or Marquiss/Count since those are the highest nobility titles just under Prince and King.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

NAME REDACTED posted:

Sorry yeah it's wild strawberry. It came out on shounen jump plus app last week.

This is from NinKu

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Is It Odd That I Became an Adventurer Even If I Graduated From the Witchcraft Institute?

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Under Ninja

It's taken a while, but I think I love this stupid manga

I'm really happy someone picked this up, it's been stagnant for a couple of years.

It's a very weird manga, I've just caught up with the latest chapter. Very unexpected! :unsmigghh:

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Dilettante. posted:

Very unexpected! :unsmigghh:

You're not kidding, holy poo poo that was intense. I have no idea where it's going but I'm all in now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sachi's Records

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I read the first chapter of that, it rules

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's just an old man in a robe

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

That's just an old man in a robe

no that's god

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Yeah, I'd say I believe in some sort of god, but not like how everyone thinks of him as, like, an abstract impulse toward a higher good. I'd say I view God as more like an old man... with a white beard...

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Bringing this post from a while back, but Udon Entertainment just announced that they licensed this for an English release, full-colour :toot:.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-07-20/mangasplaining-udon-ent-to-publish-veil-no-roses-without-thorns-manga-in-english/.200427

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 21, 2023

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

RuBisCO posted:

Bringing this post from a while back, but Udon Entertainment just announced that they licensed this for an English release, full-colour :toot:.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-07-20/mangasplaining-udon-ent-to-publish-veil-no-roses-without-thorns-manga-in-english/.200427

For those interested, the scan group dropped another volume.

Edit: Something about the art borderline makes me want to cry with how...just loving beautiful and mesmerizing it is to look at. Like it just sucks you in

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Yeah, I'd say I believe in some sort of god, but not like how everyone thinks of him as, like, an abstract impulse toward a higher good. I'd say I view God as more like an old man... with a white beard...

Jewish, mid-thirties, working class from the crappiest hick town in hicksburg, and with really good taste in alcohol. Take or leave.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu

Anna's jealousy knows no bounds.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
I dunno guys. The latest few Under Ninja chaps are getting me depressed :(

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

I dunno guys. The latest few Under Ninja chaps are getting me depressed :(

I've gotten to 65, and the whole "here's an rear end in a top hat running around the school just killing students with impunity / for fun" thing feels like it's been going on forever. Had to take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Lord Awkward posted:

I've gotten to 65, and the whole "here's an rear end in a top hat running around the school just killing students with impunity / for fun" thing feels like it's been going on forever. Had to take a break.

This, on the other hand, gets me hyper because I watched slasher horror movies with a vengeance