Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

24 hours later I think we can dispense with spoilers.

If you look at Chapter 4 you can see that the diamond escaped Paco's backpack a few pages before Rohan shows up in the scene. Now it's possible that Rohan wrote that instruction onto Paco or Dragona while offscreen, and after being 'defeated' his ability no longer binds them... but that doesn't feel like something Araki would do offscreen like that, not after putting such an emphasis on the diamond being impossible to hold onto for two consecutive chapters.

Another few pages after Rohan confronts Dragona and retrieves the diamond, we see Heaven's Door taking visual effect on Dragona and Rohan begins reading their biographical information. Later in the chapter he touches Paco as well, and it's only after he visibly touches them on-panel that he starts identifying their names.

Furthermore, in the current chapter, Rohan notices a bundle of money on/near Paco's body, and realizes Paco also stole from Rohan. The quote "It came back.", delivered with a lack of surprise, seems important here and I think is the key to understanding what's going on with the lava rock and the diamond/banknotes.

Finally, Jodio isn't the one holding the diamond at the end of this chapter, it's Paco, who originally lost the diamond after stealing it from the safe.

Okay cool. I need to reread the chapters more often, I don't remember them nearly as well as I think I do. Especially since this is monthly.

Chapter 3, Dragona has the diamond, is looking at it hands it to Paco so he can look at it he can look at it he hands it back to Dragona and they put it in his backpack. Then it hops out of his backpack but he hadn't been hit by Heaven's Door by that point. I dunno what I remembered the events that explained how that works being it in my head. Jodio having no trouble taking the Diamond makes sense but that leaves a lot of questions for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/kusatta_www/status/1671878911557513220?t=w2f5iVZ0IGz0sxyCDTSkMA&s=19

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New chapter is out:

https://po2scans.com/reader/64b30a71ef017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
So that stand's definitely going to be called Cat's in the Cradle, right?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I'm still going with 「TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN」

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I hope that's just a colony of feral cats and they're not like, minions of anyone or anything. They're just cats. I'm loving this little adventure of "Things Araki Learned About Hawaii"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

[ Y E A R O F T H E C A T ]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Usagi just dipping out with all the loot lmao

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I cannot wait for the gang to murder Usagi.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Man, this fight is fun and engaging immediately. For all of how I thought 8 ended up stilted and losing touch with itself and not being very good in general, 9 has got me on lock. It's great so far.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I think a lot of it has to do with the party dynamics; I feel like Part 8 worked best when it was a group of people. There's a lot of banter, a lot of character traits showing through.

Really like the theory of Pele's Curse; if the lava rock keeps changing hands, it could turn into a really fun twist on everyone scamming everyone, with the added complication that stuff keeps returning.

As much as I liked some parts of Jojolion (and disliked others), gotta say, Part 9 is starting REALLY strong so far.

Usagi you little poo poo, I love that weird-rear end high-as-a-kite Tingle motherfucker, I hope he stays around forever being a nuisance

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Usagi just dipping out with all the loot lmao

Really hope he tries to explain himself with "I was trying to save you by taking the loot away!" or something like that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

honestly his power feels useless in this specific situation, securing the loot and the escape and getting someplace safer isn't a bad play if he's not doing a big betrayal

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Patware posted:

honestly his power feels useless in this specific situation, securing the loot and the escape and getting someplace safer isn't a bad play if he's not doing a big betrayal

It's probably the smartest thing someone has done in this series so I can't be mad at him

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1125839557352742913

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He's been the most sensible person this entire fight, so that would track.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Cat's Stand is gonna be called Slipknot

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Stray Cats

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
They're gonna turn Usagi's rear end into rabbit stew after this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I believe in Usagi

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Reactions like this are why Joseph's always gonna be my favorite jojo

Is there any other whose shenanigans provoked such sheer blinding rage from their opponent? Closest I can think of is when Jolyne threw that knife at Pucci when he thought she was dead.

e: also this reaction I'm p sure is unique to Joseph: blindsiding your opponent with your dumb bullshit so badly all he can do is lmao

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 23, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i dunno, josuke 4's persistent wrecking of rohan is pretty untoppable, especially with rohan not even being a villain

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh yeah, i was only thinking of villains. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree there

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will always love Joseph's "well this wasn't part of the plan, but I'll just say it was because it will piss Kars off."

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like Josuke is one of the only Jojos I'd really enjoy hanging out with in a non battle-to-the-death context. Maybe Joylene?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

YggiDee posted:

I feel like Josuke is one of the only Jojos I'd really enjoy hanging out with in a non battle-to-the-death context. Maybe Joylene?

You could hang with Gappy and his girlfriend but then Joshuu would show up and you''d end up stuck inside the higashikata family house while Norisuke and Kato have a fight over what to cook for dinner that somehow escalates into you being adopted.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d hang with Giorno, guy probably frequents some great restaurants

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

What if you have the same type of love for marine life as Jotaro?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If we're picking a buddy I'd wanna kick it with okuyasu

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Part 2 Joseph would be a blast to go out for the night with

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Electric Phantasm posted:

What if you have the same type of love for marine life as Jotaro?

I love marine life but there's like a 50/50 I get called a bitch and I don't see that going over well. Also I haven't read part 8 yet so I don't know how well I'd get along with Gappy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think Jotaro stops calling women bitches a little after Tower of Gray.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I think Jotaro stops calling women bitches a little after Tower of Gray.

He's still got that same energy when the high school girls start swooning over Josuke too. I don't think at any point in his life has Jotaro ever liked a woman who wasnt't a blood relation

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Yeah, but you could ask Jotaro to do cigarette tricks.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'd be taking all of jotaro's lunch money in poker

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I would genuinely love to do crimes hang out with Dragona because they seem like an incredibly interesting person, but unfortunately Jodio would probably insist on tagging along.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Old Joseph would be the best to hang out with because he's super rich and still.fun and a giant goofball. You'd end up in a Bizarre evening just for being around him.

Jotaro would be extremely boring. He's a giant nerd that tries way too hard to be cool, and you'd just be sitting around doing nothing except maybe him doing an incredibly dorky skill he learned somewhere. I'd rather hang out with Jonathan, even, since he at least likes football and we could watch some games.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

hatty posted:

I’d hang with Giorno, guy probably frequents some great restaurants

He knows all the best places in Italy to drink piss in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No it was jellyfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darko posted:

Old Joseph would be the best to hang out with because he's super rich and still.fun and a giant goofball. You'd end up in a Bizarre evening just for being around him.

Jotaro would be extremely boring. He's a giant nerd that tries way too hard to be cool, and you'd just be sitting around doing nothing except maybe him doing an incredibly dorky skill he learned somewhere. I'd rather hang out with Jonathan, even, since he at least likes football and we could watch some games.

Hanging out with Jotaro would basically be this