Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1683102108461965312?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

MJeff posted:

This snapped Charlotte's brain in half and she basically stopped trying after that.

Which is funny, because this came just a few months after Ronda's brain snapped in half from something pretty similar (her getting booed after Charlotte beat the crap out of her). Basically, they were penciled in for the main event of WM35 a year ahead of time, but Becky got way more over than either of them in the intervening months, the audience roundly rejected both Charlotte and Ronda as a result and boy oh boy did neither one of them take it well.

I haven’t watched much of Ronda in WWE but each sport transition she does, she’s worse and worse IMO. She was a good judoka, a mediocre MMA fighter that got lucky in a lowly contested field, and her wrestling was trash last time I bothered to watch.

I think 80% of it is that’s she’s just such an annoyingly piss poor loser. But line i said, it’s been at least 3-4 years since I watched her.

Edit: my grumpiness about her is heavily influenced by watching her in UFC. So that colors, probably overly so, how I see her.

rufius fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 23, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

rufius posted:

I haven’t watched much of Ronda in WWE but each sport transition she does, she’s worse and worse IMO. She was a good judoka, a mediocre MMA fighter that got lucky in a lowly contested field, and her wrestling was trash last time I bothered to watch.

I think 80% of it is that’s she’s just such an annoyingly piss poor loser. But line i said, it’s been at least 3-4 years since I watched her.

Edit: my grumpiness about her is heavily influenced by watching her in UFC. So that colors, probably overly so, how I see her.

She also just sucks as a person. Deeply unentertaining all the way down.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Ronda's childhood was super abusive, from the sound of it, all towards the goal of being "the best". It's like she's been trained since birth to be the shittiest person imaginable.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Grem posted:

Ronda's childhood was super abusive, from the sound of it, all towards the goal of being "the best". It's like she's been trained since birth to be the shittiest person imaginable.

no sympathy for sandy hook truthers

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Soul Glo posted:

no sympathy for sandy hook truthers

Not to mention the transphobia. Ronda is a piece of poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How long before she’s fired again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Charlotte is great and it sucks that for whatever reason she's treated like it's all her fault she's languished in and been abused by WWE. Remember how WWE floated out a bunch of "she's isolating herself from the locker room" and that she's hard to work with stories and then Andrade dropped that she was dealing with someone trying to film her in the locker room and bathrooms? Great company, totally all her fault she has deteriorated so much.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Perhaps, but attacking and ragdolling a concussed colleague because she MUST GET HER poo poo IN to the point where the other participants in the match have to work to separate her from the injured person is supremely hosed, and that's entirely on her.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Also the belt throw down tantrum lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the Charlotte Nia Jax match was very good

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Charlotte is great and it sucks that for whatever reason she's treated like it's all her fault she's languished in and been abused by WWE. Remember how WWE floated out a bunch of "she's isolating herself from the locker room" and that she's hard to work with stories and then Andrade dropped that she was dealing with someone trying to film her in the locker room and bathrooms? Great company, totally all her fault she has deteriorated so much.

It's possible that WWE is a lovely company to work for AND that Charlotte is a lovely wrestler/person who stopped giving a poo poo a long time ago, the two aren't mutually exclusive concepts

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also the belt throw down tantrum lol

That was funny though

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If anything one could even say that WWE attracts lovely people to work for them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's possible that WWE is a lovely company to work for AND that Charlotte is a lovely wrestler/person who stopped giving a poo poo a long time ago, the two aren't mutually exclusive concepts

Lol they're not, lovely environments make people worse. That's my whole point. It's dumb that she's the one wrestler who gets no sympathy for it when a lot of her problems are directly related to WWE being abusive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

That was funny though

What do you think lol means

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also it's wild every time people bring up a "spear" where Charlotte gently picked up Kairi and put her on the ground, a light worked slap, and a powerbomb they did safely as all her fault. Refs should be stepping in there and helping the wrestlers rework the match and protect the hurt wrestler, instead WWE has them just keep going and puts it on the women in the ring to keep themselves safe while continuing the match without deviation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it indicates that the person is taking a Lick of lollipop

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Lol they're not, lovely environments make people worse. That's my whole point. It's dumb that she's the one wrestler who gets no sympathy for it when a lot of her problems are directly related to WWE being abusive.

She gets no sympathy for it because WWE basically treated her like she was the only women's wrestler in the company that mattered, and it quite obviously went to her head, and she started phoning it in. WWE's obviously a very lovely company, but let's not pretend that Charlotte is completely innocent here of any wrongdoing, there are plenty of people who work there thay weren't given even a fraction of the opportunities and pushes Charlotte has been given, and they don't throw shitfits (or manhandle obviously injured co-workers) every time something doesn't go their way.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also it's wild every time people bring up a "spear" where Charlotte gently picked up Kairi and put her on the ground, a light worked slap, and a powerbomb they did safely as all her fault. Refs should be stepping in there and helping the wrestlers rework the match and protect the hurt wrestler, instead WWE has them just keep going and puts it on the women in the ring to keep themselves safe while continuing the match without deviation.

This is quite hosed up, honestly speaking

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the Charlotte Nia Jax match was very good

And people here dare to say she doesn’t give a poo poo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's really not, you can go back and watch the spots. It's a bad time but people act like Charlotte knocked her head off when it was a worked slap and no one from the crew was stepping in to check on Kairi or deal with any of it. She made stupid decisions but it all goes back to being in a company that pushes you to make those stupid decisions and doesn't step in themselves to protect people.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The refs don’t stop the match unless the wrestler is like unable to move.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's really not, you can go back and watch the spots. It's a bad time but people act like Charlotte knocked her head off when it was a worked slap and no one from the crew was stepping in to check on Kairi or deal with any of it. She made stupid decisions but it all goes back to being in a company that pushes you to make those stupid decisions and doesn't step in themselves to protect people.

You can absolve Charlotte of blame all you want but nobody else is buying it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where did this come that wrestling refs are the same as mma or boxing ones? you've witnessed men nearly kill jobbers because they're mad at them plenty of times and the referee stays in kayfabe every single time. no one is out there to protect workers from eachother.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gumball Gumption posted:

Did she Deserve it. Did she Have It Coming

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yes, I look like the crazy one for saying she hosed up but it's more nuanced then her just sucking and it's weird she's the only wrestler who doesn't get any sympathy for that. WWE trains wrestlers wrong as a joke except for Charlotte who is just a monster.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Now you’re getting it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does that stuff happen all the time in wwe still? i don't watch.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
What other wrestlers throw small tantrums and start beating people up because they get concussed? Low-Ki? Steiners? She's in good company

edit: maybe asuka that one time like 15 years ago

also idk if Dolph Ziggler has ever wrestled anywhere else but there was that one elimination chamber where a pod got broken early and he started reworking the match on the fly to get it back together so clearly anyone willing to learn to be a better wrestler will

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 23, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Cavauro posted:

does that stuff happen all the time in wwe still? i don't watch.

I mean there was that gif a week or so ago where Dominik went to NXT and just picked someone up and dropped him directly on his head and neck so yes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's true that there are a poo poo load of lovely wrestlers doing unsafe moves because they're bad at their job and that's wwe's fault for sure. i thought something was being insinuated like wwe trains wrestlers to not know how to handle their emotions or something weird

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yes, I look like the crazy one for saying she hosed up but it's more nuanced then her just sucking and it's weird she's the only wrestler who doesn't get any sympathy for that. WWE trains wrestlers wrong as a joke except for Charlotte who is just a monster.

I submit that there is a slight difference between "trained wrong and hosed up a move/doesn't know what to do when another wrestler is hurt and the script for the match goes out of the window", and "gets enraged at an obviously injured wrestler and manhandles them even as the other people in the match are telling you they're hurt".

Also you keep on talking about Charlotte like she was raised in WWE since she was a child or something, when she wasn't. She's a grown-rear end woman who's capable of making her own decisions, and she bears responsibility for her actions, so please quit acting like working for WWE somehow magically absolves her of that responsibility.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Edit: Actually I should just leave it at people should go back and watch the match. Charlotte hosed up during it but the perception of her colors a lot of what people think happened and when I rewatch I see her trying to protect Kairi while struggling with continuing the match and not someone taking liberties. I put way more of the blame on WWE and their insistence on not deviating and not having the refs help call things over Charlotte giving her some of the softest chair shots and a slap with the tips of her fingers. The powerbomb was dumb but even then they pulled it off safe and I'm sure they would have gotten hell backstage for missing a spot.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 23, 2023

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is mambo number five

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stop watching WWE you little weirdo lol. Come on you moron, everyone thinks you’re stupid for watching this stuff

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'll stop talking about the woman who everyone says throw tantrums like she's a child, you're right. It's wrong of me.

It's wrong of you to keep on going "it's everyone's fault but hers when she does something lovely, :actually:", yes

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

imagine if you took this weird argument to private messages

you could fight all night and nobody would even know!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

imagine if you took this weird argument to private messages

you could fight all night and nobody would even know!

Why in the world would I want to PM someone about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Taking anything to PMs is unhinged weirdo behavior.