Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Miching Mallecho posted:

At first I was like "good for you Denji, that's progress"
And then the turn it took
:lol: 😭

I knew it was too good to be true.

Jesus christ this chapter :allears: just when I thought denji licking the corpse while imagining standing up for himself was about as weird as it was going to get it, uh, escalated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1683858748475940864

I honestly wondered this as I was reading it but didnt check the Raw to see if this was the case. Random that I was just talking about this very song to a couple of diff people in japan a few weeks ago!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1FAiq6qvo

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
At least he’s thinking. That’s progress for our boy!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1683858748475940864

I honestly wondered this as I was reading it but didnt check the Raw to see if this was the case. Random that I was just talking about this very song to a couple of diff people in japan a few weeks ago!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1FAiq6qvo

Somehow I'm both surprised and not surprised that's a real song

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
God that opening is such a great loving joke

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love maximum the hormone, they're the ones that revived freeza

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
had a feeling it was maximum the hormone, their lyrics have a certain pacing

also what in the gently caress

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Well at least Denji’s smart enough to recognize an obvious honey pot now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Well at least Denji’s smart enough to recognize an obvious honey pot now.

His problem is just that he's Winnie the Pooh.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Here's the song

https://youtu.be/2v67mTfwXF8

God I can't wait to see this animated

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MorningMoon posted:

I love maximum the hormone, they're the ones that revived freeza

gently caress yeah they did

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I mean I assume denji is impaired by whatever mind affecting thing is clearly going on in the chapter. a lot of reactions elsewhere are like "uh what happened to his character development?? are we really doing this again?? wow he looks like he's really enjoying the chaos" which is a very funny thing to say in a chapter where a bunch of dudes are getting clearly and obviously mind-controlled

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Valentin posted:

I mean I assume denji is impaired by whatever mind affecting thing is clearly going on in the chapter. a lot of reactions elsewhere are like "uh what happened to his character development?? are we really doing this again?? wow he looks like he's really enjoying the chaos" which is a very funny thing to say in a chapter where a bunch of dudes are getting clearly and obviously mind-controlled

He had character development, it just all happened in his head where no one else but him and the reader can appreciate it

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Oxxidation posted:

had a feeling it was maximum the hormone, their lyrics have a certain pacing

also what in the gently caress

Didn't they do one of the ending songs for the anime?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this does make Yoshida incredibly suss. if he wanted Denji to stop being Chainsawman, attacking him seems like the wrong idea. I guess this devil could be in it for the goal of eating his heart. what does Yoshida get out of this tho?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Haha hell yeah

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

this does make Yoshida incredibly suss. if he wanted Denji to stop being Chainsawman, attacking him seems like the wrong idea. I guess this devil could be in it for the goal of eating his heart. what does Yoshida get out of this tho?

tbf yoshida has been repeatedly established as incredibly interpersonally stupid and specifically failed to identify one of denji's assassins back in part 1. so if this girl has a plan to kill denji and yoshida just didn't know and went "wow it's so cool someone told me unprompted they want to gently caress denji, that's so convenient for me" that makes perfect sense to me

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Valentin posted:

tbf yoshida has been repeatedly established as incredibly interpersonally stupid and specifically failed to identify one of denji's assassins back in part 1. so if this girl has a plan to kill denji and yoshida just didn't know and went "wow it's so cool someone told me unprompted they want to gently caress denji, that's so convenient for me" that makes perfect sense to me

the plot point of Yoshida being incredibly dense and socially awkward is pretty funny. he had that whole speech with Asa about parasocial relations being better than real ones. I got the impression he was talking from experience. so this all tracks

I suspect Asa comes in to save Denji because they hear of a devil attack

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

So those guys are in cahoots with the girl right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
man those first few pages had me rolling

sometimes I forget that Kishibe trained him personally, was fun seeing him go all Oldboy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:wtc:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SirKibbles posted:

Didn't they do one of the ending songs for the anime?

and their drummer does charity work!

https://youtu.be/-UYgORr5Qhg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What a loving Rollercoaster of a chapter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you Chainsaw Man for finally getting me listening to Maximum the Hormone again. It's been a hot minute.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

and their drummer does charity work!

https://youtu.be/-UYgORr5Qhg

I thought this was some freelancer this whole time holy poo poo

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

:allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

"I don't fall for honey traps anymore"

*follows the honey trap to a second location*

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Happy Landfill posted:

"I don't fall for honey traps anymore"

*follows the honey trap to a second location*

To be fair I think he was half expecting what happened to happen and wanted to trigger the trap.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The long line of dudes queuing up to get the tar beat out of them makes me think that Fujimoto is a fan of the seminal comedy classic, Airplane!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Donkringel posted:

To be fair I think he was half expecting what happened to happen and wanted to trigger the trap.

Denji:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

MachuPikacchu posted:

The long line of dudes queuing up to get the tar beat out of them makes me think that Fujimoto is a fan of the seminal comedy classic, Airplane!
I was just gonna say! All it needs is the guys at the back being armed with increasingly ludicrous weapons. Glocks, shotguns, RPGs, etc.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Thank you Chainsaw Man for finally getting me listening to Maximum the Hormone again. It's been a hot minute.

Seriously, they rule so much, gotta pull out my CDs

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

I have no idea what Denji's expression on the last page is supposed to be. Annoyed? Horny? Anorny? [/spoiler]

The final series of panels has Denji just working his way through a series of goons, turning to see his date is obv with them and just laughing to himself then getting ready for having to beat the tar out of this chick.
He's so much different now than in part 1, his expression feels world weary. I would say its more like resigned/annoyed - no horny detected

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I feel that considering his experience with women so far, Denji would probably be genuinely shocked if this ended in any other way than her trying to kill him.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Jerkface posted:

The final series of panels has Denji just working his way through a series of goons, turning to see his date is obv with them and just laughing to himself then getting ready for having to beat the tar out of this chick.
He's so much different now than in part 1, his expression feels world weary. I would say its more like resigned/annoyed - no horny detected

I actually read it as something like relief, or even happiness. He was awkward/flustered/tense with all the sex stuff, and probably a little upset with himself for falling for it again, but now violence is happening and he knows how to deal with that. Back in the comfort zone, baby.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I actually read it as something like relief, or even happiness. He was awkward/flustered/tense with all the sex stuff, and probably a little upset with himself for falling for it again, but now violence is happening and he knows how to deal with that. Back in the comfort zone, baby.

I like this read a lot more. yea I get that with the smile & the final panel now THIS I understand. Speedrun getting betrayed by this honey pot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Next chapter's song
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2aPSLqJ341g&feature=share7

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Yoshida recruited the Bad Date Devil because he's legitimately convinced that's Denji's type.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I think Denji just likes having a fight come to him so he doesn't have to worry about breaking the no more chainsaw man agreement. He's probably been itching for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
continue to love this series