Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Denji: I've matured, I no longer fall for honey traps. Instead, I see the honey trap and then willingly dive into it. I know it's a trap, I just don't care I still want that freakin' honey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brightman posted:

I think Denji just likes having a fight come to him so he doesn't have to worry about breaking the no more chainsaw man agreement. He's probably been itching for this.

I think it's this. He looks like he's having a blast when he's fighting those dudes

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Fujimoto left detailed instructions on exactly how he wants this scene animated down to the music and timing, holy poo poo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

We still don't know this chicks name.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

Fujimoto left detailed instructions on exactly how he wants this scene animated down to the music and timing, holy poo poo.

Reading it along with the song Denji took out all those dudes in like 1 minute.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Reading it along with the song Denji took out all those dudes in like 1 minute.

I mean Denji is a physical powerhouse at this point. regular humans are just jobbers

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

hate to link a tweet but

https://twitter.com/Mamoo10000/status/1683872221989679105

marumaru
May 20, 2013

if the anime doesnt license the song and do it like this they're dead to me

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I adore Fujimoto so much holy poo poo

Between this and Dandadan idk if I can handle this many perfect mangas at one time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So how long until someone has fully animated it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I adore Fujimoto so much holy poo poo

Between this and Dandadan idk if I can handle this many perfect manga at one time

Shounenheads are feasting right now

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I love how done Denji is with the date until the line of dudes wanting to get beat up forms.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I hope they cast an actress with a sick rear end scream and do legit karaoke for this song

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Finally Denji has learned to... oh no he hasn’t.

Guy really can’t catch a break. Every girl he dates wants to kill him, even the girl that doesn’t want to kill him still wants to kill him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Fujimoto has such a cinematic eye - with that tweet timing the song up to the panels I can just see this in glorious full animation.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Donkringel posted:

To be fair I think he was half expecting what happened to happen and wanted to trigger the trap.

He's known this for a long time. He does enjoy being right.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Even before he was Chainsaw Man Denji was a Devil Hunter, a job that we've seen requires people to have that base anime level of superhuman fighting skill. Of course a bunch of randos with baseball bats aren't a threat to him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Even before he was Chainsaw Man Denji was a Devil Hunter, a job that we've seen requires people to have that base anime level of superhuman fighting skill. Of course a bunch of randos with baseball bats aren't a threat to him.

Not only was he a devil hunter he was a devil hunter despite having sold several organs and dying of anime blood sickness.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Kishibe trained him.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
So what, is Yoshida trying to show that Denji doesn't need to turn into Chainsawman to defend himself? Or is he trying to force Denji to transform into Chainsawman to justify muzzling him further? Or is this some kind of 4d chess Pavlovian reinforcement training to get Denji to associate not transforming with sex

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yoshida thought she was legit and he was mentally hi-fiving himself leaving the theater because he thinks he finally has this Denji situation under control.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

yum posted:

So what, is Yoshida trying to show that Denji doesn't need to turn into Chainsawman to defend himself? Or is he trying to force Denji to transform into Chainsawman to justify muzzling him further? Or is this some kind of 4d chess Pavlovian reinforcement training to get Denji to associate not transforming with sex

Or the more fun alternative, Yoshida was 100% honest about setting Denji up with karaoke girl and managed to not only misunderstand what Denji wanted, but also what karaoke girl wanted (to kill Denji).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waaaait a second.

Chainsaw Man is set in the late 90s right?

How is she singing a Maximum the Hormone song that debuted in 2007?!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Like I said earlier in the thread: it's all about the ki-shou-ten-ketsu. Fujimoto just has a gift for Ten.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

Pact with the Future Devil

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

Pact with the Future Devil

It says somethnig about this series that a character can sing an anachronistic song and it could be a legitimate hint as to what is going on with them and not just an author mistake.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

Pochita ate the Temporal Consistency Devil.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Chapter wise the last chapter of part two was the same one that started the bomb girl arc in part one, and there's been a theme of things from part one repeating in part two so, yeah, meet Reze 2.0 this time she's more upfront about her bloodlust from the beginning.

Except she's not actually Reze, she's really Yoshida.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Clearly this girl has a contract with a devil of that lovely movie where the main guy gets isekaid into a world where The Beatles never existed so he builds a career on stealing their songs, but instead uses it for Maximum the Hormone and is simply performing her own song within this time line. Brilliant subtle world building by Fujimoto.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

maybe chainsaw man is actually set in the late 2090s

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I’ve had a theory since part 1 that Chainsaw Man somehow ate the years after 1999 trapping everyone in some kind of eternal nineties with remains of stuff from the “present day” explaining the anachronistisms. In this case the world “ending” in the Nostradamus prophecy is because time literally doesn’t exist beyond that. My god it’s all a Matrix reference! Wake up sheeple!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

Maximum the Hormone Devil

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

Their music is timeless, bitch.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

galagazombie posted:

I’ve had a theory since part 1 that Chainsaw Man somehow ate the years after 1999 trapping everyone in some kind of eternal nineties with remains of stuff from the “present day” explaining the anachronistisms. In this case the world “ending” in the Nostradamus prophecy is because time literally doesn’t exist beyond that. My god it’s all a Matrix reference! Wake up sheeple!

Ha, I like this idea. Like you have all these scientists and engineers going into work every day, but nothing is ever invented again. Because it just can't.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yoshida thought she was legit and he was mentally hi-fiving himself leaving the theater because he thinks he finally has this Denji situation under control.

I cannot stress enough that Yoshida hasn't had one W even the Quanxi fight was "oh wow he didn't die immediately & cool he came back *loses again*

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Das Boo posted:

Ha, I like this idea. Like you have all these scientists and engineers going into work every day, but nothing is ever invented again. Because it just can't.
This means Chainsaw, by extension, ate the concept of social media.

He really is a hero.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Brightman posted:

I think Denji just likes having a fight come to him so he doesn't have to worry about breaking the no more chainsaw man agreement. He's probably been itching for this.

He liked the fight, but he had a brief flash of disappointment on seeing the girl was trying to kill him too. Like, yeah. Figures. Just figures.

What he wanted was to get to just have sex with a girl who liked him after beating up, like, 20 dudes. Finding out he's just getting more fight seems more of a "I can work with this" than outright thinking of it as the winning option.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I prefer this version:

https://twitter.com/alvinlaurentt/status/1683893652190527488?s=46&t=Eph69498B1QxDhhh3gTqIg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
God that rocks so hard :allears: